COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Can someone play on the NA server if?

If they are from say Asia? I have a few friends from Philippines, and we like to play mmos together, me being from USA. could they play on NA servers?

thanks

10/23/2017 10:55:10 AM #1

Yeah they could. Anyone can play on any server of their choice.

10/23/2017 11:21:41 AM #2

Gunnlang is right, then there is just the Ping matter.. They will have to deal with a far worse ping than you because of their distance to the server.

10/23/2017 11:49:37 AM #3

realy depends what there ping will be.

use this to find there ping.

before the apac gets up in arms about possible poaching there are some Asian country's that get better ping to US then to Oz.

personally i am a aussie playing on NA-W but i know i will have issues with combat and such. so i going there for the friends and non combat based stuff.

sure i can be killed easy but i dont expect that to be a daily or easy thing unless i am stupid doing silly stuff. but any way just be aware they may have to give up on some game play options if the lag is to much.

how much is too much ? yet to be confirmed

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

10/23/2017 2:22:55 PM #4

You can play on any server that you want to no matter what. It is your choice to decide if ping is worth it. In some cases ping is better for some places on another server. But in the end it is not locational/ip locked for where you want to play.

10/23/2017 2:28:56 PM #5

You can use any server but the Ping Gods may smite you. :)

10/23/2017 3:36:35 PM #6

Pretty much what everyone else said...you can play where you desire but ping may be a factor.

On that note: Voxelyria is a prealpha experience that is currently being developed and should begin it's rollout in the near future. Throughout Voxelyria, you will have the opportunity to test pings within the servers and their respective regions.

10/23/2017 5:35:58 PM #7

thanks everyone for the quick replies! that's good news.