COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Important to Character creation

Not sure about some of you, but one of the key things I look for when creating a characters on these MMOs is not just about stats. I look for how well the /dance. Some of them are so goofy, I have to re-roll right away in order to find something better even if it has everything else that I'm looking for. Just curious what else is a deal breaker to the rest of you that really don't mean anything with the actual game play.

Angelica Server (NA- W) Friend Code: 352AE0

2/11/2018 2:06:09 PM #1

No deal breaker I can think off. Looks are not so important to me.

To be honest, and I know many don't think about that in the first place, but often regret spending time on a game later, is the community. A poisonous community kills my fun fast. Ingame you can shut a chat off, but a hostile community in the forum kills the game. Overzealous game admins can do that too, but that is a whole other story.

Now I think of it, an overactive PvP community can kill a game too for builders like me. I want to build cities without dying every day.

2/11/2018 2:20:21 PM #2

I can't stand MMOs where the majority of players can't speak English. This pretty much writes off any MMO made in Korea or Japan without massive popularity among English-speaking countries.

It's a problem with communication mostly. I like knowing what I'm told to do in a group.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

2/11/2018 3:03:25 PM #3

In the past I must admit I am one of those players that spends some time with the Creation even deleting them soon after creation when they look differently in game that in the creator. Even though I look at their back or butt for most of the game it is still nice to have a nice face to go with it. However with CoE where you die every year I am not sure I would spend that much time on creation this time around. I think I can mainly get the hair and eyes roughly where I want them, find the girth that is acceptable I feel I would be ready to go.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/13/2018 2:03:37 AM #4

Personally, for me in an MMO, a real deciding factor is the inventory, crafting, and general UI setup. In a lot of MMO's, the game will spam items in this impossible-to-use-comfortably inventory and force you to delete or sell them for pretty much nothing.

Crafting isn't really a thing I ever really do in non-crafting based games. There are a few with fun and/or easy systems that are neat and easy to work with. And many with annoying menus and options

U.I. (User Interface. I probably didn't have to really define that) is a given. Something that's over complicated with a million buttons you won't use and can never get rid of blocking your screen. Or something that has almost no visible buttons and flashes a tool-tip in your face once at the beginning of the game and never again.

Of course, I enjoy some games that do these things wrong, it's just nice to have them

???

2/21/2018 11:24:10 PM #5

For me breaking points are these

I want to do something like survey new areas. I spawn in the most populated area and have to hardcore game to be useful. Won't happen in coe because choose locations at start.

Another is pvp. I like to duel for fun. I don't want to get in trouble because me and someone are sparring. Not sure how coe will do duels or setting fights and rules on the go.

Another issue with mmos are players that demand they have their way. In coe players will literally have power over others by setting laws and such. I really would hate to have to skip everyother settlement because of foreign taxes, or relinquish your weapons but it's still a hostile and dangerous town.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

2/21/2018 11:29:56 PM #6

Read it wrong but nothing to crazy anyhow

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

2/22/2018 1:01:19 AM #7

None of this is a 100% dealbreaker but all this things disapoint me in games, not only mmorpgs

Spetacular Atacks with lots of lights and particles, if the Lv1 basic magic atack is a backflip+hadouken+aura explosion i know that probably the game is not for me. If the "magicless" characters have atacks with lots of lights and particles... i'm probably not going to play.

Bikini Chainmails 2 simetric oposed factions wagin war against each other for whatever's sake Gigantic/desprportional weapons UI with a gazzilion of things, the cleaner the better imo... Absence of capes and mounts in medieval games

Luckly, it seems that CoE won't feature any of these

2/22/2018 5:54:23 AM #8

Idle animations. Try to roleplay a serious character while your avatar randomly bounces like some cheerleader.. (nightelves in wow) bleh, hate having no controll of own characters doings.

Emotes are easier to avoid if not to my liking but can become annoying as I like visuals in my playing, not just text or bad ones..

2/22/2018 6:55:53 AM #9

When devs cave to casuals wanting the game to be changed to being easier, thus removing challenge from the game (also happens to remove the game from actually being a game, because part of the definition of "game" is to overcome a challenge).