COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
The Tiny details we hope for.

think of something you hope for, that wouldn't a big deal if it wasn't in the game but you'd be pleasantly surprised if it was. essentially something akin to a wish list by the community but nothing big or major.

for example : I hope, as a member of a taller race that I would be able to help my hrothi/kypiq friend up to my horse and let him ride shotgun (similar to how a kid would share a horse ride with an adult).

alt text

4/14/2018 10:49:05 AM #1

"Your going to have to toss me!"

I would love something like Kypiq being thrown by the more muscular races. Maybe make it a sport :3

4/14/2018 11:00:19 AM #2

kypiq tossing sounds intriguing

alt text

4/14/2018 11:59:55 AM #3

when someone takes a screen shot and he happens to find an artist, he can "tell the artist a story" and then the artist can recreate that screenshot as a piece of art and sell it to him.

alt text

4/14/2018 3:43:14 PM #4

Being able to smoke (pipes, narghile, chillum... could depend on the tribe).

4/14/2018 3:48:20 PM #5

A decent variety of door locks. Keys, combination codes, magnetic keys, perhaps some more fantastical options etc such as signet rings that open a lock when pressed against it.

Running about with a key or having to hide it in Rust before you got a code lock was an absolute ball ache, if someone killed you they could get in and loot everything in your base. Hopefully there are code locks or options that don't require a key to be carried.

4/15/2018 6:38:45 AM #6

different styles of walking, not just for females or males.

depending on the skills they've invested in they would walk in different ways. a champion may walk with confidence and bravado. a thief may walk swiftly, quietly. a courtesan may catwalk. a fat man will walk side to side. a king/nobleman may walk differently to commoners. an elderly man may walk slower crunched back , but with the aid of a walking stick may walk at normal pace.

///GAMEPLAY IMPLICATIONS///. players with attention to detail may be able to figure out what type of player is infront of them depending not only on their clothes but also in how they walk. (due to this there may have to be more than one style of walking to choose from for each type of player)

maybe a thief could disguise their walk to not get caught by attentive players.

an elderly man may hide a blade in their walking cane, appearing to be not a threat. or an assassin may disguise as an elderly man with a hidden blade in the walking cane!

alt text

4/15/2018 9:49:54 AM #7

Alot of the tactics I'd employ in combat are a bit out there. Being a fan of table top games I would appreciate additional options like: All weapons being throwable to some extent. (cleaver tossing in the palace kitchen anyone?) Dirty fighting: eye pokes, sand, shoving, kick to the jewels, ear biting (who fights fair when their life is on the line?) Improvised weapons: table leg, wine bottle, bag of flour busted over the head Use of inane objects: marbles on the stairs or kitchen grease. Use of various more out there tactics in sieges: poison upstream. catapult carcasses introducing disease. sapping

No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it. -Andrew Carnegie

Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. -Brian Tracy

4/15/2018 4:30:21 PM #8

Posted By Lorgenz at 3:19 PM - Sun Apr 15 2018

Alot of the tactics I'd employ in combat are a bit out there. Being a fan of table top games I would appreciate additional options like: All weapons being throwable to some extent. (cleaver tossing in the palace kitchen anyone?) Dirty fighting: eye pokes, sand, shoving, kick to the jewels, ear biting (who fights fair when their life is on the line?) Improvised weapons: table leg, wine bottle, bag of flour busted over the head Use of inane objects: marbles on the stairs or kitchen grease. Use of various more out there tactics in sieges: poison upstream. catapult carcasses introducing disease. sapping

interesting ideas. i think i heard something about throwable objects being in the game, like in bar brawls being able to throw chairs and use bottles.

caspian said things in rivers flow downstream so what you said might be there, but why poison upstream a river when you can don a disguise sneak in and poison the city wells at night... poisoning a river may take a LOT of poison and it may only take effect in a short duration of time as the river is a flowing body of water, unless youre talking of using decomposing bodies tied to specific spots on the river avoiding the body itself to go downstream and poison their water supply that way..........................i hope thats doable in elyria..........

the better thing to do, if your army controls upstream rivers while theres an opposing kingdom downstream, is to build a dam to control the flooding how you see fit. theres a drought? well now they depend on you for water. its monsoon season? well then you have the option to blow up the damn when the reservoir fills up. perfect for negotiations/trade deals. Its kinda what happens in our world

alt text

5/25/2018 9:11:22 AM #9

Being able to put some embroidery on armor and the like. Want to travel the world with some class while selling my wears

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn

5/25/2018 9:27:47 AM #10

I hope they make our characters really feel the world they live in. Especially smells get's left out in many games.

Stepping outside on a frosty morning - taking a deep breath of the cold fresh air.

Passing by something that smells awful and your character covers their mouth and nose.

Walking by the bakery sniffing the air - did they just make cinnamon-bread?

Just stuff like that - the little subtle things that makes it all feel more alive.

5/25/2018 11:27:38 AM #11

I like this thread.

My contribution would be for pets to understand some limited commands.

"Lassie. Go fetch Doc, Jimmy's fallen down the well!"

Or to take it a step further, being able to understand your pet to some degree. Even so much as your enter your house and they are distressed because of an intruder.

Friend & Conquest Code: 6B3A23

5/25/2018 11:45:41 AM #12

a game just like ARK where you can fall through the world, die for no reason, basically buggy as a bug farm, unbalanced and unfinished. If I can play that for 3000hrs + Im happy with, what ever.

5/25/2018 2:25:02 PM #13

Maybe when your character crosses someone on the street, they could nod to each other.

General small things during conversations like headtracking, lips moving etc

Directional sound, absolutely.

Character occasionaly looking to things around him when idle

And last but not least, i think it would be awesome if the character could automatically react to determined situations, for example:

He crosses a shallow river, or starts to rain while he is on the open, and he proceeds to talk to himself :"Great, wet again";

or maybe something that "threatens" the fourth wall, like, you jump from a dangerously high place, and the character says "Ouch, I have to stop doing that"

Pretty much like Geralt does in The Witcher 3, tho Geralt talks too much with himself, making him sound like a narrator.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.