COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
FAQ Feedback

So as many of you know, we are in the middle of updating our site. Well, one of the things we’re going to be updating is our FAQ to include newly relevant information. To that end, we'd like to know what you think a newcomer to our site would want answered in the FAQs. So now is your opportunity to help out in the community by sharing your thoughts!

Please keep in mind that we’re not going to be including everything, and instead we’re just looking for community recommendations to go along with our ideas.

Thanks.

-Miguel

\[T]/

12/19/2015 12:40:37 AM #1

Hmm, well, reading around, it feels like some newcomers are confused about permadeath, thinking that other players can kill them and that they will have to pay for another life. Even if they get the idea of incapaciation, permadeath and spirit walking, they are under the impression that people can camp them and make them spirit walk so many times that they eventually permadie. Perhaps some clarification on this. I know that the FAQs section does cover this, but maybe spell it out even more clearly (if you can) so that newcomers don't get the wrong impression and leave. I don't know, that's just something I've noticed and I think might be helpful.

12/19/2015 12:41:35 AM #2

Talents will NOT be OP.

12/19/2015 1:27:50 AM #3

"When will the game come out?"

"What's the current state of the game?"

12/19/2015 2:04:20 AM #4

One Death does NOT equal One Soul. Explain the life expentency of a soul (6+ month).

Try to explain that a character is never truely loged out, the OPC will continue to play for them. Explain that they will continue to age and even die even though they are not loged in and have not been for some time.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

12/19/2015 2:35:13 AM #5

I think more should be expanded on how the prison system works and how the skills connect to that. I've seen a lot of questions on some forums who are confused if people who murder are just picked up by a invisible hand of god and placed in prison or not. Explaining how players are expected to use the forensics and more info on the bounty system might help with that confusion.

12/19/2015 8:56:14 AM #6

Great feedback, everyone. Keep it coming :)

-Miguel

\[T]/

12/19/2015 11:42:23 AM #7

I also think the in game gold exchange maybe should be expanded upon. I am content for waiting for more information but on some forums this is a high turn off to the game or cause for concern. People think it will be a pay to win scenario.

12/19/2015 1:18:40 PM #8

Player added content. I believe you intend to rely on that a lot, but it doesn't reflect on FAQ. Many will like the idea, you can't go wrong by making it public.

12/19/2015 2:00:10 PM #9

You might want to inform new players, especially the ones with busy lifes that they have an offline way of staying on the edge with the competition, while informing them it doesnt help those playing the game regularly. Since this game looks to be one that takes much time to even succeed in anything. Also address the concern of introductions, maybe have a forum of its own, with a sticky topic of the FAQ in case new players don't see the site's FAQ or realize we have one.

-MX.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/19/2015 2:27:22 PM #10

I think the FAQ should contain information which makes clear the difference between the CoE and other MMOs and how it is unique, putting information to draw attention of new players, the permadeath type, basic information of false indentity, constructions, disguises, contracts , the only craft that the game has, add information prisonal system, on PK players and game form of payment (which will be for life), among other things ...

12/19/2015 9:45:53 PM #11

More info about IP and crowndfunding possibilities.

Basic info about guilds, schools, etc.

Basic info about markets, contracts or shoppings.

12/20/2015 3:29:50 AM #12

"Why are talent's randomly selected and rare?"

"Can CoE be played by a "solo-player"?"

"Can my home that I worked hard to build be destroyed in a matter of minutes by someone with a vendetta?"

"Will there be any PvP, will I be "punished" for "grieving" other players?"

"Can I build a character from a child playing in the orphanage to the most powerful being in the game?"

"Can I affect the story-line of your game or am I on a roller-coaster that you've created?"

12/20/2015 2:35:32 PM #13

My suggestion for the FAQ isn't so much about the questions. The FAQ could have a brief answer but then link more detailed answers that have been given via the Forums, Wiki or video Q&A. These source can fill in many of the gaps.

12/20/2015 4:21:20 PM #14

Looking at the current categories I think they mostly work well but you do need right at the top you need The Basics.

• How do I play the game?

• When do you intend to launch?

Then you can move on to the other categories.

General Design:

• How would you describe the game? - Similar answer to the current "I read somewhere this was an RTS, RPG, kingdom management... thing. What does that look like?" which I feel should be removed as it is a little unclear as a question.

• What are some of the standout features of Chronicles of Elyria? - This can then link to the other parts of the FAQ, that way people get an idea of the features in a logical order. Currently when you reas the FAQ one of the first things you learn about is that people might steal your post and that seems incredibly out of order and confusing.

Classes and Skills also go well in this category.

I think Families and Guilds followed by Death and Dying work well. However, I think in the death section you need an update:

• So, there's dying, Dying and then there's DYING? - I think you need to include the terms people use everywhere, incpacitation and spirit walking perhaps a clearer term for 'coup de graced' so it is easy for people to understand chatter about these features.

PvP and other Unsavoury Activities reads very negitvely. One of my main issues currently is how all PvP is being presented as negative yet you seem to be working in some great PvP for those that want to stay on the right side of the law. You mention arenas, you have bounty hunters, perhaps even tax collectors and certainly guards, all who are engaging in positive PvP. Sell that!

Endgame Content works well as a section.

In the next few sections Influence / Influence Points, Business/Planning, and Game / Engine you move to forward slashes rather than the word 'and' in the titles, the spacing of which is not consistent either. This does not look as nice and it is not really an either or situation. These should all say 'and'.

I think that is my only current beef!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

12/21/2015 12:19:46 AM #15

Excellent. Thank you for the very thorough elaboration :)

-Miguel

\[T]/