COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
January 18th Q&A Stream - Ask Questions Here

Hey Folks!

Monday, January 18th is our weekly Live Chat. I'll be on DM21 Gaming's YouTube channel where BicycleWalrus will be asking the questions and I'll be answering them! Live! With my voice! You'll get to hear answers straight from the horse's mouth. Hmm... I guess that makes me the horse.

Please use this forum topic to post your questions for the Live Chat. We may not answer all of them, but we'll do the best we can.

RULES

1. Please limit it to one post per community member
  2. Please provide no more than three questions in your post
  3. Keep your questions brief (as in, 1-2 sentences)
  4. If you have more than one question, please number them and provide paragraphs in between so we can clearly identify them.
  5. Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to.

If you want to, you can Watch it Live by clicking on this YouTube link on January 18th beginning about 30 minutes before the broadcast time.

See you all at 4pm PST / 7pm EST / Midnight GMT on Monday, January 18th!

1/18/2016 8:51:42 AM #1

When can we expect some combat footage?

Drinkin' alone's like crappin' with company

1/18/2016 8:57:13 AM #2

Q1. In CoE we see professions that we had never seen before in other games, will the cabinet-maker's profession also exist?

Q2 If the number of kingdoms is initially predetermined, could the interaction of the players change this number? If so, How?

1/18/2016 8:59:29 AM #3

Q1. What do you think about "Spatial Os" ?

Q2. Can I will be able to make interaction with the world just by throwing or pulling ect... something ?

exemple: jump through a window, throwing 2 flask on ground and the mixture make smoke(fumigene for alchemist), throwing a torch in straw to burn it

Q3. I read somewhere that the game will be 3rd Person, we will be able to see behind a wall to find secret stuff by twinking with the View.

How do you plan to make the camera view in interior ?

Meloh

Friend code : B6A2D1

1/18/2016 9:16:06 AM #4

how close to realistic will professions be? for example: mining gold you have to look for quartz since gold is mainly found in quartz veins.

Blacksmith of the mountains.

1/18/2016 9:38:52 AM #5

How will collision work in the game? Will trees and everything environmental be solid? Will other players be solid?

1/18/2016 9:51:53 AM #6

Q: Tell us more about the off-on line progression , and what could we do while off-line , could it be a browser marketplace for example we can browse and use from our IE?

Request: I know we can watch the stream later (and probably do anyway) but could you consider having the sessions a bit earlier? for many Europeans Midnight GMT equals 2 AM , given the duration and the excitement i went to bed 4 AM last time! that's 4 hours away from my work time.

Thanks

He who cannot think is not a man , neither is he who can only think.

1/18/2016 10:01:57 AM #7

1) Is it safe to assume that there will be things such as abandoned or ancient ruins that could be turned into future cities/kingdoms? By finding such ruins could you claim them as your property?

one more

2)It was mentioned that if you die once in a battle during a war further deaths in that battle would not count towards soul deterioration (for good reason), what are your plans for a system to keep people valuing their characters life after the first death in a battle. IE if I die once what keeps me from saying "screw it" and dying 50 more times in that battle.

3) What are some games with comparable combat to what you are planning for CoE combat? With all the level of commitment to story telling and what sounds like an incredible game in general can we expect CoE to be equally committed to smooth fluid combat?

1/18/2016 10:04:30 AM #8

Q1: Is there in-game voice chat? To make it more realistic.

Q2: Wondering about difficulty: If a player with average sword skill starts fighting a bear, who would win?. A human would most likely lose to the bear unless a gifted swordsmen, can we expect this?

Q3: Is there a limit on tamed beasts?, hinting to farmer. And if no, can we expect 1 person leading a charge on a city with 40 wolfs charging with him?

1/18/2016 10:18:36 AM #9

Firstly, have to apologise to BicycleWalrus for the name. Interested to see how you pronounce it.

Q1: Can languages go extinct in the same way that plants and animals can?

Q2:Can players create training books collaboratively, with say one player being a Master Writer and the other being a Master Swordsmith?

Q3:Way back in DJ#2 on souls, you explained that collectively players will make their way through the ten year story, activating checkpoints. Are these checkpoints independent of one another?

Thanks for answering any questions that get answered.

Mularc

1/18/2016 10:48:24 AM #10

1)Will we be able to allow entrance to buildings on certain days of the calendar through invitations such as a ticket entrance to a colosseum fight or a letter of invitation to a dinner party?

2)If i wanted to open a legal colosseum could i have fights inside my own building without having the competitors punished for fighting?

1/18/2016 10:59:34 AM #11

Q1: Is there a way to observe or "hear" gossip through not directly interacting, maybe even by letter?

Q2: Will it be possible to build stairs up a hill, like stairs (stone slabs-ish) leading up to a castle on the top of a mountain.

Q3: Is the life of a count/duke/king like that in Crusader Kings 2, or can you talk a bit about how that will work?

1/18/2016 10:59:46 AM #12

Q1: In regards to renovations, what is the system for destroying or removing parts of a building that you created/own? (Disassemble from blueprint, use a hammer or siege equipment?)

Q2: If the owner has a mechanic to help renovate, how does this interact with adverse possession?

Q3: Is there a system for carrying loose items in two hands, or do they need to be packed somehow? (i.e. carrying a bundle of spear shafts down the street to your workshop)

Edit Initially this was my Q3:, but I prefer the new one

Q4: Can we expect OPCs to come with robust spirit walking scripts.

1/18/2016 11:03:02 AM #13

Q1: How strong will the animals/monsters just outside of towns be? Will it feel like a challenge, because if I use a crappy weapon and have no skill, I don't want to be able to walk up to an animal and defeat it easily.

Q2 (follow-up): Will even "weak" animals be smart enough to know to try and run away if you attack them and they're weak or for instance if they can bite, will they actually be able to kill you in a couple hits if you don't defend yourself?

Q3: Will there be stuff like honey in-game? Seeing how important bees and honey are to our ecosystem and honey can be used for medical applications.

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy

1/18/2016 11:06:47 AM #14

1.- All the characters know how to read and write their own language?if so, how can they learn another language?

2.- About taming animals, will be tammed by minigames or some other feature?

1/18/2016 11:15:28 AM #15

Q1. Will the world be tilted on it's axis so north and south hemispheres have opposite seasons?

Q2. When deciding between coup de gracing or knocking someone unconscious using poison, is it determined by the poison or some sort of command before you hit them with the poison?

Q3. Can I build up a poison resistance skill (if there is one) by poisoning myself little by little?