COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
March 21st Q&A Stream - Ask Questions Here

Hey Folks!

Soulbound Studios will be on DM21 Gaming's YouTube channel on Monday, March 21st. BicycleWalrus will be asking the questions and I will be answering them! Live!

Please use this forum topic to post your questions for the Q&A. I may not answer all of them, but I'll do the best I can. My aim is to answer the top 20 rated posts.

Of specific note, we are not yet ready to discuss details on the upcoming Kickstarter. The outreach team is working hard to define the tiers and rewards, and once we have those nailed down (likely in a couple weeks) we'll post something.

Also, please minimize questions about the Business Model. We've already got an upcoming Q&A prepared for that.

RULES

1. Please limit it to one post per community member
  2. Please provide no more than three questions in your post
  3. Keep your questions brief (as in, 1-2 sentences)
  4. If you have more than one question, please number them and provide paragraphs in between so we can clearly identify them.
  5. Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to.

If you want to, you can Watch it Live by clicking on this YouTube link about 10 minutes before the broadcast time.

See you all at 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 11pm GMT on Monday, March 21st!

3/21/2016 3:30:07 PM #1

Q1. Foundations for building heavy and high buildings. Will they be needed? And will they work differently for different kinds of soil?

Q2. Can people have the same first name on the same server?

Q3. Will there be sexual dimorphism in the game? Refering to animals, etc.

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy

3/21/2016 3:34:42 PM #2

Q1. If I shift my focus of activities from one spark of life to the next will it dramatically change how my story unfolds?

Q2. Will skill ramps degrade or become useless if not used from one life to the next but are left idle for a couple of lives while trying different activities?

Q3. As the world unfolds procedurally will there be breath taking vista's that are built in from server to server? ie key set pieces

3/21/2016 3:37:49 PM #3

When will the combat video be out?

3/21/2016 3:38:05 PM #4
  1. Will I be able to tame a pack of wolves and have them all follow me at once, will i be able to order them all to attack one person?

2. If I have a group of friends will we be able to make a small town and manage it on our own, or is it restricted to kings managing the lands?

3/21/2016 3:38:41 PM #5
  1. Can you become a priest of a certain religion and therefore perform ceremonies?

2. Could performing first aid to a body whose soul is spirit walking strenghten the connection of the two?

3. Could one make prophecies without a talent and how would that work?

3/21/2016 3:42:52 PM #6

Q1. What actions do you currently intend for OPCs to be able to do? Or if it is easier to answer what things do you intend to prevent an OPC from doing?

Q2. Many players want to play as Gathers, how will this be balanced with all the OPCs stealing their jobs?

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

3/21/2016 3:46:30 PM #7

1: Post kickstarter funding. Provided that everything with KS goes as planned, do you consider extended funding (eg. like Star Citizen or shroud of the avatar)

2: Do you plan any skills for players who like to become a barber/tattoo-artists or something like that? You know, like Image Designer in SWG.

3/21/2016 3:54:15 PM #8

1: When a building is destroyed through NON-siege weapons, does it leave ruins? If so, do those ruins last until they are "fully" looted/salvaged or will they decay and disappear after so many years?

2: Can items be repaired indefinitely? Meaning, is it possible that I get a sword or piece of armor day one, and never have to replace it because I just repair it every time it gets damaged?

3: With the content creation tools coming out sometime in the future. Will associations/guilds/etc that use these tools and get content into the game, be able to have NPCs be part of the organizations at launch? Example, The Avatars of Elysia get the foundation of the association added to the game through content creation. Would it be possible that there is already an association hall/building as well as NPC members at launch?

3/21/2016 3:59:05 PM #9

1) Kickstarter May 3rd :-) will the offline demo be available just prior, after, or on May 3rd?

2) What kind of features (other than skills) can we hope to see in the offline demo? I am particularly curious if the aging and dying mechanic will be included and if it will be at an accelerated rate so we can experience more that 1 life prior to game release.

3) Could there be a crowd mechanic/buff in place for events such as cheering/booing to help/hinder participants of your choice ex home field advantage.

3/21/2016 3:59:29 PM #10

Q1: What kind of stretch goals can we expect in the kickstater, like are we going to see currently mentioned mechanics and resources as stretch goals?

Q2: What will siege warfare look like, will there be the ability to fight dirty; like loading cow carcasses in to trebuchets?

Q3: How difficult will it be starting out as a fighting character; i understand most animals and such wont coup de grace you but whats stopping higher level/better equipped fighters from beating you down in a forrest?

The god of war is impartial: he hands out death to the man who hands out death.

3/21/2016 4:07:26 PM #11

1) If the talent to produce magic comes from the soul does that mean the "mana" for the spell comes from the soul or is it enviromental?

2)Since vampires can drain the soul, does the mean that i could make a poison based off vampires to directly attack other player's souls?

3/21/2016 4:17:36 PM #12

Q1: How will soulmate system understand gray areas when it comes to the souls? If my soul is "Good" because I help the sick but my soul mate is soul is "bad" because he steals but we have no issues with the way the other lives will the system try to force us to be enemies?

Q2: Are you able to tell if your soulmate soul is good or evil when you first meet?

Q3: Random question, how dramatic is a coup de grâce? Is it just a quick attack while on the ground or can someone stop the person while they are performing the coup de grâce.

3/21/2016 4:18:16 PM #13

Q1. How in depth will the medical side of things be? eg, can you get broken legs and can you operate on patients?

Q2. If i'm shot by an arrow, will it remain in me until it's physically removed, or will it despawn over time?

Q3. Much like humans and animals, can you cross breed vegetation to make a super species of plant/tree/etc? eg Cabbage Trees

3/21/2016 4:29:34 PM #14

Q1: we know a little about kingdoms, but we don't know anything about republics or theocracies, can you explain how will they work? Could you give us, at least, some info about this.

Q2: any news about combat dj or new website?

3/21/2016 4:38:19 PM #15

How different will player character models be in game? What amount of detail will it be in actual game? Can characters grow beards , long hair, is there going to be barber as profession ?