COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
CoE Community Modded Minecraft Server Info

Hey Folks,

Since we have some CoE people who were interested in playing on a modded Minecraft server, I went and got one set up for any and all to use. It is hosted out of the Washington DC area, so ping should be decent around the US (I get almost full bars from Hawaii) and possibly decent from the EU as well. The mods are largely in keeping with a medieval theme with some magic mods as well. The server is open PvP, and does have a claiming system so that factions can take land and siege it. Code of conduct and installation instructions below:

Code of Conduct:

Pretty simple, don't be a jerk. It's a PvP server so expect killing, but things like ganking new players at the spawn, purposefully building/spawning things to create lag, racist comments in chat, etc, are not okay, and will get you banned. Mods may give warnings, but if someone does something truly awful the banhammer may just fall without a warning.

Installation Instructions:

The pack is hosted on TechnicLauncher, so installing it is a breeze.

1. Go to www.technicpack.net and click the "Get the Launcher" button on the main page. Select your operating system of choice on the following page and install the launcher once it is finished downloading

2. Run the TechnicLauncher. It will ask for a username/password, this is your Minecraft account information. If you don't have a Minecraft account, go get one at www.minecraft.net. Once you're in, click on the gear next to Launcher Options on the top right. Go to Java settings and increase the memory to 4GB. More doesn't hurt, but 4GB should be fine. Then close the options window.

3. Click on the "Modpacks" tab on the top of the launcher window. There, you will type "CoE" into the "Add Pack or Search" text box in the upper left. As of now, you should only get one result, which will say "Modpack for the CoE Community Server" in the description text. Click "Install" in the bottom right to install the pack on your machine.

4. Once the installation is finished, a "Play" button will appear in the bottom right. Clicky, then wait for the client to start up and load the mods. This should be quick, but will vary depending on your machine.

5. If you get to the Minecraft splash page, congrats, you're done! Go to multiplayer, and enter in coe.blitzent.net as the server address.

Tips if your Client is Sluggish:

1. Did you increase the RAM for the launcher to at least 4GB? (See step 2 in the install process)

2. Go into video settings and turn "Smooth Lighting" off.

3. Disable JourneyMap (minimap addon). To do this, click the "Modpack Options" button on the top right of the CoE Modpack page in the launcher. Then hit the "Open" button to bring up your modpack folder. Go into mods, and delete the journeymap-1.7.10-5.1.0-unlimited.jar file.

How to Claim Land:

The mod "Territorial Dealings" gives players the ability to claim land for their faction, which means that chests and doors on that land can only be opened by people in that group, and non-group members cannot place or break blocks in those areas. There is a cost though, and if you don't pay your upkeep fees you will lose your protection. Land can also be sieged by other factions as long as at least one member of the besieged faction is online.

For a guide on how the mod works, check out the creator's site here, which includes a video tutorial as well as a list of commands and items.

5/26/2016 8:26:32 AM #1

Cool

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

5/26/2016 8:55:20 AM #2

Here's a list of mods for those interested:

Carpenter's Blocks: Lets you build structures with more than just cubes, add slopes, angles, etc, and texture them with any block texture you like

Ancient Warfare: Awesome mod. Through research you can create your own armies of NPCs to work and fight alongside you. Also adds hostile camps of NPCs to the map, sort of mini-dungeons on the surface.

Thaumcraft 4/Automagy/Forbidden Magic: Mainstay magic mod. Research new spells and tools, but beware your sanity! Researching darker arts may be hazardous to your health.

BiomesOPlenty: Adds in a slew of new biomes to the default Minecraft list. Arctic tundra, bamboo forests, cherry blossom groves, jade cliffs, dark forests, etc.

Chisel 2/Decocraft/Ye Gamol Chattels/Bibliocraft: Decorative mods, let you add some flavor and variety to your creations. Wardrobes, tables, weapon racks, banners, etc. Huge fan of YGC in particular, it lets you cut planks from wood, sand and varnish them, and make some really neat furniture.

Growthcraft: Brew your own beer/wine/potions!

Immersive Engineering: Tech mod, has a steampunk feel to it. Build windmills, waterwheels and other generators, uses actual wire (think old school telegraph wires) to transfer power around. Has some fun tools and pistols associated with it.

Malisis Doors: Adds several new, cool looking door types, with their own custom animations.

Pam's Harvestcraft: Adds a lot of different food types and cooking recipes to the game.

Witchery: Another magic mod for those with a taste for the classic "witch" motif. Brew potions, make voodoo dolls, bind familliars, summon demons, walk in other planes. Rumor has it you can even dabble in vampirism and lycanthropy.

5/27/2016 3:09:03 AM #3

Just bumping. I'm on.

5/27/2016 3:10:34 AM #4

Well done, Trug. :)

J

5/27/2016 3:16:58 AM #5

I'll start playing if it gets active. Atm I'm selective as to what I download, computer is getting slower

My ongoing biography, as written by the community:

Posted By annfrank at 04:15 AM - Tue Apr 11 2017

I'm woke AF

Posted By Apaukolypse at 05:31 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

I like memes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

5/27/2016 9:13:58 PM #6

At the moment we've got 6 players, with around 2-3 people on most of the time. 4 factions have formed, but things are still more or less peaceful.

The more the merrier of course, so if anyone is looking for something to while away the hours, give modded Minecraft a shot!

5/28/2016 10:46:25 AM #7

Nice, will check it out. Do I need to download those mods?

5/28/2016 10:49:48 AM #8

NVM I see what I need to do! Great idea!

5/28/2016 5:57:05 PM #9

Hello folks,

There's a few of us on every night. Not enough to make things interesting between factions (I mean, it'd largely be 1v1 affairs), but the plugins added by this modpack are amazing. They had a lot of pre-generated structures to the world (real castles, bandit and cultist camps, outposts, witches huts to name but a few) along with NPCs to fight. They add magic, engineering, crafting but just enough so we don't fall into the classic "spaceship" problem.

There's tons to discover and explore. Server is brand new and has a lot of potential should we get more players.

Edit:

Also, if you are unable to allocate more than 1gb of RAM in the launcher, it's because you're running Java 32 bits. Download Java 64 bits there: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

5/29/2016 9:18:03 AM #10

Although things have been peaceful so far, rumor has it that a sinister crew was seen coming ashore in the dead of night. Warfare between factions might not be as far off as we thought.

5/30/2016 2:10:28 AM #11

Faction Update:

Currently the Factions mod isn't charging upkeep properly. I've got a ticket in with the mod developer to get it fixed, but in the meantime upkeep on your territory is free. You still need to have at least 1 point in your vault in order for protection to work, but it will never withdraw funds.

Don't go crazy though, upkeep WILL be back sooner rather than later, and you don't want to end up losing your turf because your account gets nailed with a 50+ charge every 12 hours.

5/30/2016 4:06:32 PM #12

I have the Mojang splash page and it keeps says "not responding" at Loading- Initializing mods phase I 2/7.

Backer #782 (Count) Friend Code: D0F5CA ?

5/30/2016 4:15:14 PM #13

I had the same problem after I updated Java. For some reason it updated to 32-bit version from 64-bit. The 32-bit has 1 gb memory limit and it got stuck to Phase I 2/7 part.

I reinstalled 64-bit Java, changed Technic Launcher settings to use 4 gb and after that everything worked fine.

5/30/2016 4:35:55 PM #14

AHHH, got it and am in. Thanks much

Backer #782 (Count) Friend Code: D0F5CA ?

6/1/2016 11:03:54 AM #15

my minecraft crashes if it is loading the mods. i think decocraft is the problem. can someone help me please?