COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Incorrect Store Prices

I backed at the Early Bird Ursaphant Rider tier but the store is stating it will cost $25 to upgrade to the Ursaphant Rider tier. All higher tiers are $25 too high as well.

Is this accurate?

F0942E

10/4/2016 10:55:40 AM #1

My understanding is that's correct. The full Ursaphant Rider tier, while it has the same benefits as Early Bird Ursaphant Rider, does cost $25 more. You simply got the same benefits for slightly cheaper due to pledging in time to claim one of the early bird slots. Since not all tiers had early bird slots (and it would be too late to claim them anyway) any upgrades will require you to pay the full difference between your current tier and the one you're looking to upgrade to. For example, to reach Baron, your total amount pledged would have to meet $250, just like all the other Barons (you couldn't get it for $25 cheaper simply because you upgraded rather than paying for it all-at-once.)

EDIT: If it appears to let you upgrade from Early Bird Ursaphant Rider to full Ursaphant Rider, though, essentially offering to sell you nothing for $25... that does seem a bit strange. I think that any tier you already have access to through early bird offers should probably be grayed out just like the others.

10/4/2016 10:57:57 AM #2

Ignore the store, it doesn't function as it should, and the lack of early bird teirs is simply misrepresented on the prices of the current packages.

Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter backer #2!

10/4/2016 11:02:33 AM #3

Posted By KalTheo at 11:57 AM - Tue Oct 04 2016

Ignore the store, it doesn't function as it should, and the lack of early bird teirs is simply misrepresented on the prices of the current packages.

The prices are completely correct. You have to pay the full difference to upgrade just as you would have done if you choose the more expensive tier during the KickStarter. Buying an early bird tier got you a discount on that tier, and that tier alone. It does not give a discount on all the other tiers above it too.

The ability to buy the higher price Ursaphant Rider was also there during KickStarter, some people just wanted to give more!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

10/4/2016 2:03:01 PM #4

What people have said is correct, however, the store shouldn't allow you to purchase the "full version" of your early bird tier. That's a bug. There's no reason to upgrade to the non-early bird version of a tier, unless you just want to spend the additional credit for the exact same benefits you have now. :-)

10/4/2016 2:15:04 PM #5

Caspian,

I purchased the "Early Bird Patron" for $50 on KS, which is why my account is currently credited with 600 IP; however. the highest tier I can get from the store for $0 is the Adventure Tier ($40).

IMO, I should be able to select the Patron Tier for $0, since that corresponds to the Early Bird Tier that I purchased. Is this right, or must I spend another $10 to get the benefits I purchased on KS???

Thanks.

"I don't believe in setting goals . . . the unaimed arrow never misses."

Friend Code: 9AB122

10/4/2016 2:21:53 PM #6

Beodrick as Caspian said above you that is a bug. You already have all those rewards so you do not need to purchase that tier.

10/4/2016 3:16:48 PM #7

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 10:21 AM - Tue Oct 04 2016

Beodrick as Caspian said above you that is a bug. You already have all those rewards so you do not need to purchase that tier.

Okay, thanks! I also saw later another thread where he stated more clearly that it was a bug.

Last question: is there someplace I can go within my profile (after I purchase the Patron Tier for $0) where it will list all my rewards, just so I can check? If not, is that feature coming? Thanks!

10/4/2016 3:22:38 PM #8

You will not have to buy the Patron Tier (even when it is at $0) you already have all the rewards. Currently there does not seem to be a place that lists everything but it has been given as feedback to the Developers so we will see.

10/4/2016 3:38:27 PM #9

Posted By Beodrick at 3:15 PM - Tue Oct 04 2016

Caspian,

I purchased the "Early Bird Patron" for $50 on KS, which is why my account is currently credited with 600 IP; however. the highest tier I can get from the store for $0 is the Adventure Tier ($40).

IMO, I should be able to select the Patron Tier for $0, since that corresponds to the Early Bird Tier that I purchased. Is this right, or must I spend another $10 to get the benefits I purchased on KS???

Thanks.

No. When you purchased early bird patron, that is currently selected as your tier. You don't see it listed in the store however, because early bird options are no longer available. You are still on the discounted amount, and thus would have to pay extra if you wished to "upgrade" to the full priced patron tier.

10/4/2016 7:05:41 PM #10

But for those who could only afford so much during KS and want to upgrade beyond the KS early bird tier we were able to manage to snag.... I want to upgrade more.

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)

10/5/2016 12:50:43 PM #11

Does this mean that if someone with an early bird tier wants to upgrade to next tier, (s)he must also pay the difference between early bird and normal tiers? That would lose the idea and benefit of having been early bird.

Or will an upgrade have same price for early birds and normal tier owners after the bug has been fixed?

10/5/2016 12:54:47 PM #12

Posted By Kurko at 1:50 PM - Wed Oct 05 2016

Does this mean that if someone with an early bird tier wants to upgrade to next tier, (s)he must also pay the difference between early bird and normal tiers? That would lose the idea and benefit of having been early bird.

You bought a particular tier at an early bird discount, you still have that tier at that discount. However, you did not buy a discount off all the other tiers too. Just as during the KickStarter if you originally pledge at the Early Bird tier but wanted to move to a higher tier you would have had to pay the full price for that tier, the same is true now. Nothing has changed.

10/5/2016 4:23:45 PM #13

Posted By VictoriaRachel at 08:54 AM - Wed Oct 05 2016

Posted By Kurko at 1:50 PM - Wed Oct 05 2016

You bought a particular tier at an early bird discount, you still have that tier at that discount. However, you did not buy a discount off all the other tiers too. Just as during the KickStarter if you originally pledge at the Early Bird tier but wanted to move to a higher tier you would have had to pay the full price for that tier, the same is true now. Nothing has changed.

No, something changed - the Kickstarter was funded. Now the CoE team have our pledged funds, so an Early Bird Tier should equal the actual tier (i.e. full-price tier). Otherwise, the model provides a disincentive for Early Bird backers to invest more money.

Look, to receive a small discount on the price, Early Bird backers risked their money early during the KS. So, now that the KS is funded, the store should reflect every Early Bird Tier as the actual, equivalent tier. I think Caspian et. al. should relook this model b/c it just makes Early Bird KS backers NOT want to invest more money. This approach, therefore, results in CoE loosing potential funds, which doesn't help anyone.

10/5/2016 4:27:39 PM #14

Posted By Beodrick at 5:23 PM - Wed Oct 05 2016

Look, to receive a small discount on the price, Early Bird backers risked their money early during the KS.

So because you risked money during the KickStarter you think you should pay LESS than the people that risked MORE than you during the KickStarter? You want to pay LESS for those higher tiers than any of the other people that backed at that level during the KickStarter? Do you honestly think that is fair? You got a discount on one tier and one tier only. You want the higher tier you have to pay the same price everyone else had to.

10/5/2016 4:32:06 PM #15

Woah VictoriaRachel, don't start using logic. People can't handle the logic. :)