COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
(NA-E) The County of Battencia

What is Battencia?

Battencia is to be primarily focused our military and PVP. However, that doesn’t mean we will neglect culture and our economy, as they are all very important to the well being of Battencia. If Battencia is to prosper, we need people of all walks of life and specialization. From the farmhands to the most powerful aristocrat, everyone has an important role in Battencia. This county's culture is to be primarily Greek, but we will of course be influenced by neighboring counties and their varied European cultures. I hope that this will, over time, culminate into a diverse land where all sorts of culture can flourish side by side. Furthermore, as a group, we will grow the Battencian economy until it is stable and wealthy for the benefit of our county, Duchy, and Kingdom.

Where is Battencia?

Battencia is a county within the Freehold Duchy of Zylphania, in the Kingdom of Vornair. Geographically, our plan is to settle on a river big enough to sail ships on, and base our capital city along this river. A coastal territory isn’t my top priority, as the river will allow us to take to the seas without having to vie for such hotly contested land.

Positions in Battencia:

As Battencia is a new county, key positions must be picked. Said positions include:

Sheriff of Battencia:

Battencia will need a lawman, an enforcer dedicated to keeping the peace and punishing those who step outside of the law.

Mayors:

Battencia will also need it's Aristocrats. Those who will take cities into their hands and shape them into something great. I do not know how many Mayors Battencia will have, but I am open to applications.

Barons:

Battencia is, as I said above, a military and defense-focused county. Therefore, her Barons will be of great importance. They will not only have cities of their own, converted into military strongholds, it will be they who command the Armies of Vornair and Zylphania in Battencia's name.

Organizations of Battencia

The Silver Guard

The Silver Guard is an elite military unit led by Thane Oda Baldloc himself. They will be trained in many different forms of combat, but will specialize in hoplite combat. The Guardsmen will be hand picked from people I have known for a long period of time. One of their primary functions will be to guard the Thane, however they will also serve as a Quick Reaction Force, the tip of the spear to respond to any threats to peace and prosperity. Membership into the Guard will be hard to attain, but I will be taking applications.

Your guild?

While the Silver Guard is presently our only confirmed guild, it won't be our only one. If you want your guild included in this county, pop into our discord at the bottom of this post.

Contact Us

Discord

The County does have a currently WIP Discord channel, linked here

More is coming, WIP.

11/12/2016 10:01:52 PM #1

I can vouch for the quality of this establishment: come enjoy the bounty!

11/26/2016 2:18:20 AM #2

Bump.

11/29/2016 8:25:04 PM #3

Battencia is shaping up nicely, Lord Baldloc! Looking forward to its further development.

12/15/2016 5:38:01 PM #4

Great new imagery! I like the feel of the place.

12/16/2016 2:41:31 AM #5

We could be neighbors! Maybe :)

2/8/2017 4:40:57 PM #6

Yeah, and borrow sugar or fight over the apple tree that hangs over the fence.

3/25/2017 9:39:30 PM #7

Battencia is still open to all those who care to join in and take their share of the great bounty that this county will bring in the game.

9/18/2017 7:17:00 AM #8

A bounty of a county, you say? Who wouldn't want that!