COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
PSA: Please Pay Off Your Layaways as possible

Note: The title is wrong, I can't change it so r.i.p me.

We have about a month left until stretch goals are up and over. So far we have made some great progress and we're almost at tunneling 11/25/16. Great job!

Let's try to come together make another push and see how many of these goals we can hit by December 31. If you have already put what you can dw, you have done your part, leave it to us to do ours :)

I noticed today we went back up to getting over 10k (11/25)! Let's see if we can keep that going and make it all the way to tunneling so this game can be even better at launch than it already will be.

I don't know anymore.

11/24/2016 4:00:26 AM #1

Hmm I shoulda said "make payments" in the title. FML. lol

I don't know anymore.

11/24/2016 4:05:26 AM #2

LOL, You gotta understand for the folks that don't have deep pockets and that 10% could be a Christmas present for their child and/or loved ones. I'm sure the payments will continue to go up as the holidays start to end.

11/24/2016 5:17:39 AM #3

SBS will be fine either way I reckon. They've got their mashed potatoes, this should just be the gravy.

11/24/2016 5:19:30 AM #4

Still predict we'll at least hit tunnelling before January :P

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

11/24/2016 6:50:34 AM #5

Posted By Wolfguarde at 12:19 AM - Thu Nov 24 2016

Still predict we'll at least hit tunnelling before January :P

Oh for sure.

11/24/2016 6:53:21 AM #6

SBS has already said they don't need more money from us. I can't see 1.7mil just suddenly drying up for them. More so from anymore outside money they already have or are going to have. Here I thought you were meaning "lets go for all those stretch goals" Seems not.

11/24/2016 8:29:01 AM #7

Also, you're asking people that almost certainly couldnt pay the full cost, to pay it asap. Why should we rush? I want to be able to eat and be able to afford a few other games to occupy my time right now, and pay this off at my leisure.

Stretch goals will either come how they come. No point trying to force it.

~Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruins~

11/24/2016 8:44:11 AM #8

idk I guess everyone doesn't have a budget or something. I didn't realize that. Even the mayor tier 10% per payment is $25. That may be something to some people but from what I have seen on this website so far, I think I can assume they have $25/month.

I don't know how $25 for a month would quite stop you from eating, unless you eat at a restaurant 24/7, especially if you have a gaming PC.

I'm not trying to insult anyone I genuinely don't understand. 2 of my friends that have to pay college and rent on their own with a min wage job can do it so I guess I didn't see 25- bucks as an issue.

Tbh if even half the accounts paid that 25 bucks we would hit every stretch goal.

@Dark , That logic only works on an individual level. "they will come how they come". If EVERYONE had your thought process and said fuck it "they will come how they come", we would still be trying to get gambling. Actually we wouldn't because "they will come how they come".

It's kinda like when people say "my vote doesn't matter". Sure your singular vote doesn't matter but when people with your mindset think the same thing than that is a shit ton of votes not getting counted that "don't matter". Seems like the same premise to me.

I don't know anymore.

11/24/2016 9:07:19 AM #9

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 12:44 AM - Thu Nov 24 2016

idk I guess everyone doesn't have a budget or something. I didn't realize that. Even the mayor tier 10% per payment is $25. That may be something to some people but from what I have seen on this website so far, I think I can assume they have $25/month.

I don't know how $25 for a month would quite stop you from eating, unless you eat at a restaurant 24/7, especially if you have a gaming PC.

I'm not poor when I say this, in fact I am only 19 and if I sold my car I'd be able to buy 6.5 Kingdoms, but 25 isn't a small amount and could actually be a make-it or break-it for insurance/electrical bills.

I'm not trying to insult anyone I genuinely don't understand. 2 of my friends that have to pay college and rent on their own with a min wage job can do it so I guess I didn't see 25- bucks as an issue.

Your friends also have FAFSA and parents to probably pay for their extras, just like me.

Tbh if even half the accounts paid that 25 bucks we would hit every stretch goal.

We have an entire year, and the layaway came out 3 weeks ago. Typical human behaviorism, you want what you want right now.

@Dark , That logic only works on an individual level. "they will come how they come". If EVERYONE had your thought process and said fuck it "they will come how they come", we would still be trying to get gambling. Actually we wouldn't because "they will come how they come".

Actually if no one paid a single penny, all the stretch marks would have been implemented anyway. At this point SBS is receiving donations that people don't have to give. SBS seems very grateful to these people, and while I do troll, I am also thankful to these people.

It's kinda like when people say "my vote doesn't matter". Sure your singular vote doesn't matter but when people with your mindset think the same thing than that is a shit ton of votes not getting counted that "don't matter". Seems like the same premise to me.

In America your vote doesn't matter, as shown by the electoral college. And you just admitted your individual vote doesn't matter, well then if your vote equals a big fat "0" than it makes sense for everyone's collective votes to be equal to zilch. 0 times anything is 0.

Anyway this will probably my only serious post in a while, catch ya later

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

11/24/2016 9:17:33 AM #10

Wicked, you have to understand that gaming also may be WAY far down some of these peoples priority list. I am of the opinion you should never ask someone to pay for something when they are not ready to when it comes to things like this. They either will or they won't and asking them to do so, however nicely is only going to have the opposite affect on them. Not to mention they did the layaway for a reason with a timeline they set for themselves to pay it off and now your basically asking them not to follow their timeline so they can reach an arbitrary goal of yours. So why do the layaway at all if they are going to be pressured to pay it off earlier than they want to? Think for a minute. Do you see Caspian pressuring these folks to pay off their layaway's earlier? If he isn't doing it why should you?

Your two friends that did it. Obviously the game is not as far down their priority list as it is for others.

As others have said, the game has already received all the money it needs from us to be funded. It's now up to Caspian to find other sources of money to finance the rest of it as per what he said himself. Caspian offering the layaway is a courtesy to those who wanted that option and not a necessity to make the game.

11/24/2016 11:36:03 AM #11

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 12:44 AM - Thu Nov 24 2016

other people's financial situations are none of your business

11/24/2016 11:39:41 AM #12

You have to be royally stupid if you think a few dukes and barons holding off their payment will crash this game.

This game is fucked if its already lacking funds to complete it.

11/24/2016 1:26:19 PM #13

Are you serious? Man.. i'm accountant... the layaway system works cuz it gives SBS an increased amount of ppl paying in small % instead of less ppl paying the full amount. In the mid/long term, it's more ppl paying the full amount. Financially speaking your suggestion doesn't make sense.

11/24/2016 1:34:53 PM #14

Posted By Wicked FlamezZ at 7:44 PM - Thu Nov 24 2016

Why you even say "I'm not trying to insult anyone" When this whole post was about you insulting people. The good thing about layaway if you can take at least a year to pay it off. How you know what people are going through. Could need to save up for anything that is way more important. But you just go on attacking people.

The point you even got Orangeboy to reply seriously against you, should be a sign of how wrong you are.

11/24/2016 1:39:04 PM #15

Posted By Gunnlang at 05:34 AM - Thu Nov 24 2016

The point you even got Orangeboy to reply seriously against you, should be a sign of how wrong you are.

hahahaha - soooo true!

first post of OrangeBoy's that i have agreed with and gave a +1 upvote to