COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Old Bloodline Vs New Bloodline

Hello Everyone, since the package tier update i noticed a large amount of people who are discouraged or worried that the new packages out shine the old ones, and because of that feel cheated or not valued for being the original kickstarter supporters.

On this note id like to add my opinion on the Old bloodline tier VS the new bloodline tier and would appreciate the communities feed back.

OLD BLOODLINE Old Bloodline.png

NEW BLOODLINE NEw bloodline1.png

The Old Bloodline in game content is fairly similar to the new and more specifically the value of the 2 tiers in my opinion is weighed at the difference of the in game coat of arms VS the in game decorative plaque.

Personally i find the Coat of arms is of a higher value and in-game appeal over a decorative plaque, although we have not had the chance to see either in game yet it still remains a concern of mine.

The bigger issue for me is if the Coat of Arms will be obtainable in game or will it be a pledge tier package bonus and only that, and if its not obtainable in game i do believe the Coat of arms does outweigh the in game value of the old bloodline tier package.

Anyways id like to add i do appreciate all the work SBS put into the game and the store over their holiday and i do appreciate their effort.

i do however would like the opinion of the rest of the community on the value of the Coat of Arms in the bloodline package, bloodline being the first Gentry+ package i always felt deserved a coat of arms that goes along with their surname, its what being gentry in my opinion is all about, and now that it does in the new package i cant decide whether the new or old is better than the other, but i am leaning towards the new.

Some other things to note + edits

• The merchant tier (now settler) had the following, Surname & Coat of Arms (extra colors), this led to the question if that tier opened new colors perhaps Bloodline(being the tier under merchant) was meant to unlock the original basic Coat of Arms. Although not clear if it did or didn't it seems to be it was meant to considering the addition of the coat of arms in the new bloodline, and the same Surname & Coat of Arms (extra colors) in the merchant now known as settler. It was all so unclear i wondered for a time if the decorative in game plaque was in fact the Coat of Arms, witch i am let down to find out it was not.

• i drop-downed the pack in the new to show the founders chat channel access.

• I also would like to point out the exclusive backer tier should not feel equal to the new one let alone not as good.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/29/2016 7:38:49 PM #1

Coat of arms and different horse is only change I see. The digital things just need expanded to show them.

Coat of arms could be cool or nothing useful just pretty shiny things.

Purebreed horse could be much more useful for breeding purposes.

12/29/2016 7:39:29 PM #2

For 5 bucks you can get Beta access, id upgrade to the new one.

12/29/2016 7:40:50 PM #3

Posted By Nkrumah at 1:39 PM - Thu Dec 29 2016

They both have beta.

12/29/2016 7:40:52 PM #4

Posted By randys22 at 2:38 PM - Thu Dec 29 2016

Coat of arms and different horse is only change I see. The digital things just need expanded to show them.

Coat of arms could be cool or nothing useful just pretty shiny things.

Purebreed horse could be much more useful for breeding purposes.

you're right ill edit that lol, and yes it can but its still reasonably simple to obtain in the game unlike we know about the Coat of arms. i can buy a animal with a a small amount of EP i however cant buy the coat of arms.

12/29/2016 7:58:49 PM #5

Posted By Nkrumah at 2:39 PM - Thu Dec 29 2016

The old gets beta access and expo just like the new its just not shown the same and is in account rewards, however that is my point, why should i as the exclusive kickstarter backer need to contemplate if i should drop the old package and get the new one. I shouldn't be having this problem the old package should pay homage to the kickstarter backers.

12/29/2016 8:00:15 PM #6

Posted By randys22 at 11:40 AM - Thu Dec 29 2016

Posted By Nkrumah at 1:39 PM - Thu Dec 29 2016

They both have beta.

Lol oh duh i was looking at the icon deals.

12/29/2016 8:01:48 PM #7

Posted By StrawHat at 11:58 AM - Thu Dec 29 2016

Posted By Nkrumah at 2:39 PM - Thu Dec 29 2016

The old gets beta access and expo just like the new its just not shown the same and is in account rewards, however that is my point, why should i as the exclusive kickstarter backer need to contemplate if i should drop the old package and get the new one. I shouldn't be having this problem the old package should pay homage to the kickstarter backers.

Oh i fully agree, the newer pledges should not have rewards like the KS tier. I can see where some of the newer pledges could seem more attractive.

12/29/2016 8:13:46 PM #8

Either way i dont think you want the differences to be too large. Still want to entice new players to come support the game. Im interested to read their responses in the near future. I think as a KS we should def have some perks, and save some $$ BUT it shouldnt be so rediculous new players dont want to buy in. Id imagine thats a tough line to toe.

12/29/2016 8:15:10 PM #9

I also agree that KS packages should have "more" in them than the newer packages; it is unfair for soemone to have fully bought an old bloodline package only to find out if they had just waited they could have bought a better package of the same price. This I beleive really takes incentive from people wanting to back the game as early as possible because they basically just lost out on a better deal if they just had waited or placed it on layaway with as little money as possible.

12/29/2016 8:16:56 PM #10

Yeah there was a post earlier, where the Devs will give an update/clarify some of our concerns once they are off vacation. Which they fully deserve imo.. Without understanding it all, Im hoping I still have a good deal with the Astronomer pledge If not, at least I can sleep happy knowing I helped with the development of the game via my purchase.

12/29/2016 9:57:32 PM #11

Updated

12/30/2016 12:56:00 AM #12

I can really see where the concern is coming from in this post, it makes me feel like the new was remade into what the old one should have been when talking about the coat of arms. hope this is fixed or addressed.

12/30/2016 3:18:36 AM #13

Personally, I believe this can be solved by giving old bloodline pledgers the Coat of Arm as well.

I also feel that some of the new Tiers resembles the old tiers a bit too much. There are only minor difference between the new and old tiers, mainly consisting of things like emotes, arts, and music, even though the KS/Early pledgers took more of a risk by pledging early.

I'm still ok with whatever the Dev decide in the end, I'm just hoping that the early pledgers gets a bit more appreciation or whatever it should it called.

Edit: I just want to add that my last comment isn't meant to be ungrateful. I'm just saying that these new tiers will be the tiers that people will be able to buy in the new 6-12 months. The new pledgers are fully capable of just waiting till they've made sure that the game won't become vaporware before making a pledge, thereby taking little to no risk depending on how long they decide to wait before pledging.. Meanwhile, early pledgers gave money with the risk of receiving nothing in return.

Of course, these type of pledgers will probably be in the minority, but it still stings if they were to make the new tiers comparable to the old tiers, even though one side took much more of a risk.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

12/30/2016 3:57:10 AM #14

Posted By Shady Clown at 10:18 PM - Thu Dec 29 2016

Personally, I believe this can be solved by giving old bloodline pledgers the Coat of Arm as well.

I also feel that some of the new Tiers resembles the old tiers a bit too much. There are only minor difference between the new and old tiers, mainly consisting of things like emotes, arts, and music, even though the KS/Early pledgers took more of a risk by pledging early.

I'm still ok with whatever the Dev decide in the end, I'm just hoping that the early pledgers gets a bit more appreciation or whatever it should it called.

Edit: I just want to add that my last comment isn't meant to be ungrateful. I'm just saying that these new tiers will be the tiers that people will be able to buy in the new 6-12 months. The new pledgers are fully capable of just waiting till they've made sure that the game won't become vaporware before making a pledge, thereby taking little to no risk depending on how long they decide to wait before pledging.. Meanwhile, early pledgers gave money with the risk of receiving nothing in return.

Of course, these type of pledgers will probably be in the minority, but it still stings if they were to make the new tiers comparable to the old tiers, even though one side took much more of a risk.

I couldn't agree more, i also feel like the case with Bloodline is unique and not like any of the other tier packages, in the recent post by Vye she said they set the value of tier rewards and cant help if people value specific things more than others. However in this case the big variables is the Decorative in-game plaque and the coat of arms both rewards being of ones that represent the individual in a historic manner, one where i feel like the coat of arms is by far more valuable. Like i stated in the main post i always felt like bloodline should have had the coat of arms and almost was unclear if it would get one, so when the new bloodline does get it, i cant help but feel like they corrected the package on how it should have been, but only for the new tier and not the old.

1/4/2017 8:56:51 AM #15

Yea, id like to see the old Bloodline get a +1 or something to make it more "special" like the KS tiers were said to be, instead of making the new one feel more "special".