COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
RP Tavern (Forum post): The Rooster and Kitten

OOC Note: Hey everyone, I'm new on the forum, and wanted to see how many were interested in Roleplay for when CoE Comes out. I'm a huge fan of the games concept and the mechanics they are introducing. I don't know if there already is an IC tavern on the forum for Roleplayers, but yeah, this is one of the things I'd like make with the character I make when I get CoE. Enjoy your stay at my tavern, and have fun. Meet other Roleplayers, and make contacts for when we all can log in and meet face to face.

IC introduction:

A big man with a round belly and muscular arm, stands behind the bar at western wall, he waves you over to him, as he sees you walk inside. On closer inspection his almost bald, except for the curling orange lock of hair by the edge of his forhead. His clothes are stained with dirth, ale and food splashes, but otherwise clean.

"Welcome, friend! To the Rooster and Kitten.

Get your thirst quenched and belly filled at the bar, and warm your warry feet at the hearth. Tell a story, play a song, or join your fellow adventures in a game of cards, the bar is open all day and night long.

What, Who's the owner of this establishment? Can't tell you, he likes to remain anonymous. But hey, he pays for the establishment to serve its patreons needs.

There's ale, mead and wine for drinking. Water if your sheepish. There's salted meat, cheese and bread for food, even some porridge with wildberries if you like.

Just follow the rules and you'll be fine. Don't break the funiture, no fighting that can harm the interior actually. If people complain about your behavior you'll be getting a time out. Got it?

GOOD! Then take a peak around!"

The Rooster and Kitten is a cozy spacious tavern. The wooden furniture is of various designs, some are cushined others are hard wood. On the stone walls hangs lush crimson colored tapetries, with golden, embroideries of a Kitten riding the back of rooster, in between the stained glass windows. The warm hearth at the norhtern wall of the tavern, illuminates a large portion of the tavern in warm dim light, while bringing warmth to the tavern as well. A staircase up to the second floor and sleeping quarters rests at the eastern wall.

8/13/2017 8:12:32 AM #106

Posted By Veingloria at 4:12 PM - Wed May 31 2017

A middle-aged woman in clean, if somewhat thread worn, dress approaches the barkeep. She carries a wicker basket covered with a bright piece of gingham over one arm.

She smiles at the barkeep and sets her basket on the bar, then pulls out a warm, flakey meat pie.

"Would you like slice?" she asks the barkeep. "I've come to ask about a job in your kitchen, and this mutton pie is my letter of application."

While polishing the mugs he'd look to the woman. He'd offer her a wide smile. Breaking his silence once more. "Sure, I'd like a slice. As for a job. hrrmmm. Well, we can see what you can do. Making food is good and all, but keeping the customers happy is more important.. So here's wha we do. You go mingle and check if people are feeling well, and I'll taste this here pie." The barkeep let's out a hearty chuckle before, reaching for the pie casing attempting to grasp it..

8/13/2017 8:26:12 AM #107

Posted By Squishness at 10:27 PM - Mon Aug 07 2017

Isibeal's violet eyes studied Charles a frown etching it's way over her face. She reached out and pulled Charles closer so she could whisper in his ear. " Im curious, to find out who would be bold enough to tamper with your horse, perhaps we should find out" she lowered the cowl that had hidden most of her face as she waved the bartender over.

Richard would have raised an eyebrow at the lady. He grummles a bit, before standing up. He grasps something behind the counter and hides it beneath the fall of his apron. Waiting a moment he looks at the duo as they come walk outside and shortly after follows them.

As he walks around the corner he would here the stable boy. "By the gods... You ain't gone home yet lad? You know I don't pay you for working over time..." He sighs placing a big hand on the boys head ruffling the shoulder long brown hair. Richard proceeds to look around, his gaze stopping at an open barrel in the corner of the stable. Seemingly empty from the angle the four would be standing. "That damned Tipple... I told him to close the fucking barrel..." Richards proceeds over to barrel and takes the lit of it. placing onto the barrel with a sigh. He kicks it three times fast and one time short, before he would return to the others.

8/14/2017 6:29:38 PM #108

Isibeal watches Richard with a slight amusement as he kicks the barrel. Taking note of the missing lid she turns her attention back to Charles. " I plan on staying out here tonight. I want to find out who is hoping to block our way and stop them before they become an issue" she said as she watch Richard walk toward them. .

8/15/2017 3:05:02 PM #109

Between all the excitement in the morning, our fair adventurers hardly notice they are being watched. A fox, roughly the size of a child with it's winter coat beginning to grow sits on it's haunches and stares intently at the shrouded woman and blonde man. Head tilted and whimpering slightly as if asking for food.

8/15/2017 6:00:41 PM #110

Charles stops before entering the stable, hearing a soft whimpering coming from somewhere nearby. He looks around for the sound's maker, and eventually notices a small fox who seems quite hungry. Charles smiles a small bit, kneels, and beckons the creature to him while looking over to Isibeal.

"Think you could get this little one some meat? As winter fast approaches, this one will need the warmth of new fat."

"Under a spreading chestnut tree The village smithy stands: The smith, a mighty man is he, With large and sinewy hands; And the muscles of his brawny arms Are strong as iron bands."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow , The Village Blacksmith

8/15/2017 6:26:14 PM #111

The fox, being beckoned approaches cautiously just outside of arms reach and sits on its haunches again. A strikingly intelligent face looks between the two and again cocks it's head in mock confusion.

8/18/2017 10:30:46 PM #112

Isibeal crouches down and slowly reaches into a pouch at her side. She withdrew two large strips of dried meat. She tossed one out to the fox to see if she might earn it's trust to come closer.

8/19/2017 8:40:29 PM #113

Charles smiled at this act of kindness, and looked towards the fox with a friendly face.

"Under a spreading chestnut tree The village smithy stands: The smith, a mighty man is he, With large and sinewy hands; And the muscles of his brawny arms Are strong as iron bands."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow , The Village Blacksmith

8/21/2017 11:31:31 AM #114

The fox stands on it's hind legs and catches the end of the dried meat as it goes slightly overhead. Falling back to all fours, it gives a twirl, and begins to prance around the corner of the alleyway. As it starts to round said corner it stops with ears perked and darts back to the two generous mann and hides behind them as two massive creatures come after it slowly.

They seem to be mumbling to each other in a deep, low guttural noise. The beasts that appear had the heads of wolfs and broad bodies draped in some leathers and thick fur cloaks. The largest of the two was a good two heads taller than either Charles or Isibeal and the shorter one was still around a head and a half taller.

The larger one made an articulate growl at the fox whom raised it's hackles and chewed greedily on its dried meat...

8/23/2017 5:40:26 AM #115

A young man enters the tavern all drenched with rain, a young man with dirty white hair, dark gray eyes, medium-sized, with a normal young body, white skin, a solitary-looking face, dressed in a black uniform And a black scarf with his sword behind his back.

Before entering the bar, he looks around in the room, noticing the people there, he raises his scarf to his mouth and walks into the bar, walks over to an empty table in the corner of the room. He sits down and rests his sword at his side.

He looks out the window at the side of the table, all frozen in the cold outside, watching the rain fall with a frightening brutality with purple lightning in the sky.

He takes a necklace from his pocket and stares at it with a pondering and sad look.

"THE MAN WHO PASSES THE SENTENCE SHOULD SWING THE SWORD. IF YOU WOULD TAKE A MAN'S LIFE, YOU OWE IT TO HIM TO LOOK INTO HIS EYES AND HEAR HIS FINAL WORDS. THAT'S THE HONOR OF A SWORDSMAN."

8/23/2017 4:16:36 PM #116

A tan, teenage boy with intricately woven black tattoos covering his torso and arms trudges into the tavern, holding blood drenched knives in his makeshift gloves. He sits down alone at a table by the wall and cuts another scar into his right shoulder.

8/24/2017 6:08:47 AM #117

A slight young man, slightly alarmed at the bloodied teenager who just dropped down at his table, once again cursed his infallible luck of going unnoticed. Adjusting his low brimmed hat and tugging on his sleeveless jerkin, the young man cleared his throat, catching the bloodied teen by surprise.

"You ... you seem as if you could use the help of someone who knows their way around a roll of bandages," the young man said, doing his best not to stutter, "I wrap you up and you tell me a story. and we can have ourselves a few drinks to numb your pain and ease my worries over someone walking in as if they were the recently risen."

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9

9/12/2017 4:27:17 PM #118

Isibeal tilted her head as she watched the fox turn the corner and stop. She watched it hackles rise and walked slowly over to it.Her hand resting on the hilt of her sword.

9/12/2017 5:19:10 PM #119

The large creature sees Isibeal rest her hand on her weapon and starts to chuckle. It grows into a deep belly laugh.

"It looks like little Ulf made friends Ha HA," he bellows in common as the Brudvir reveals himself by pulling down his wolf cloak hood.

He grabs the fox by it's scruff and holds it like a baby tickling and playing with it's belly as it yips playfully and nibbles at his hand. "My name is Hakon Ulfsson and this," he points to the other, still cloaked, figure, "is my son and heir Hastings. Is this the Rooster and Kitten tavern?"

The mann has raven black hair and a thick beard braided and beaded in a simple but intricate manner. He is broad in every dimension and a thick, old scar runs from his left cheekbone back to his ear.

9/13/2017 5:18:08 PM #120

Isibeal studied Hakon and his soon for a moment before replying. " Yes this is the Roster and Kitten Tavern"she said her eyes studying the scar that ran along the Hakon's left cheek

" I'm Isibeal De'Franco and my companion is Charles Faun" she said as the motioned to Charles who stood close behind her. She eased her grip on her sword slightly feeling as the two before her were not a foe.

" Is this little one a friend of yours" she pointed to the little fox Hakon held craddled in his arms.