COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Marriage: Whose family?

Hi all!

So, I was wondering what we can control in marriage and what we lose. Are we able to decide which person is marrying into which family (i.e. can a man take his wife's name instead)? How does this impact our bonuses and benefits from/with our old family, do we just lose them as we join the new house (such as sensing them and being able to communicate privately)?

Thanks in advance!

Come to the Topaz Rose Inn and rest your feet on your travels! Enjoy our connected smithy to re-shoe your horses and browse our wears! Friend Code: E34601

2/19/2017 2:33:08 PM #1

Don't know, but I imagine you'd be able to keep either name. Marrying in should be a two way thing. Marriages are alliances not take overs. The idea of marrying in to something is just a way of talking about what one of the parties gains - but both are marrying in to something.

2/22/2017 9:38:39 AM #2

In addition to what Alricj already mentioned, men and women have been stated to be equal in the world of CoE, as opposed to the still wide-spread patriarchy in our reality.

Alt text

2/22/2017 9:51:12 AM #3

Your first question was in a Q&A last year in january. You can read the transcript here or see here.