COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
Garrison of Falcon’s Nest

[EU] Kingdom of Al-Khezam, Falzame duchy, Aberyn county

Falcon’s Nest

Falcon’s Nest is a stronghold in the Kingdom of Al-Khezam, seat of Saw’ahya, Duke of Falzame, Grandmaster of the Flock.

At the behest of Duke Usifan recently rebuilt on the ruins of an old outpost.
The growth of the settlement requires more protection so Falcon’s Nest opened the gates of the Garrison.

Garrison of Falcon’s Nest

The Garrison is the home of the ducal army and the military training center of the duchy. First enlistment is a 3 year contract, that can be extended. Payment grows with rank and years served. Veterans are entitled to keep their equipment on release or they can have a bonus payment to start a civil life. Retirees are rewarded with a plot of land where they can live with their families. We have a fund for veterans and families of the fallen.

Ranks:
Recruit: Newly enlisted members. They need to be measured first. Free food and housing.
Trainee: Training in progress. Free equipment.
Guard: Trained in basic combat skills. First real payment.
Soldier, Scout, Archer, Cavalry: Trained in advanced skills and tactics.
Veteran: Earned by ten years of service or participation in a war.
Quartermaster: Stores and distributes supplies and provisions.
Corporal: Head of a squad.
Captain of the guard: Head of the Garrison in the absence of the Captain.
Captain: Head of the Garrison. Occupied by Saw'ahya.

Special ranks for retired veterans:
Retiree: Retired veterans with twenty years of service or serious injury.
Training Officer: Retired veterans with scholarship skills.

Civil positions in the Garrison (In war they need to travel with the troops.):
Leatherworker
Blacksmith
Bowyer/Fletcher
Carpenter
Camp cook
Physician
Tamer/Handler

Ask us!

If you have any question, feel free to ask us on this forum or on our Discord

Links

Saw’ahya
Falzame duchy
Kingdom of Al-Khezam
Discord

2/20/2017 7:35:51 AM #1

reserved

2/20/2017 12:16:31 PM #2

Looks interesting, I have a couple of questions, one Nirathii commander to another.

What sort of infantry are you looking at? Presumably, some sort of mix but are you tending more towards lighter 'internal security' forces to towards heavier 'line of battle' forces?

Are you part of Usifan's Legionary Commitments or a county/township militia?

How does your structure map into the national command structure? (Assuming that you're part of Usifan's Legionary Commitments rather than militia that is.)

Coming Soon(tm)

2/20/2017 1:45:23 PM #3

Posted By chipla at 1:16 PM - Mon Feb 20 2017

Looks interesting, I have a couple of questions, one Nirathii commander to another.

What sort of infantry are you looking at? Presumably, some sort of mix but are you tending more towards lighter 'internal security' forces to towards heavier 'line of battle' forces?

Are you part of Usifan's Legionary Commitments or a county/township militia?

How does your structure map into the national command structure? (Assuming that you're part of Usifan's Legionary Commitments rather than militia that is.)

Thank you for your interest. My army is just forming now, so I'm open to your comments.

I will be part of Usifan's Legionary Commitment. Or at least I hope so. I will be a baron in my own county, so this can be a sensitive issue.

At the beginning I want a lighter security force, that can handle the arising dangers in the barony. Or with the help of the local militia anywhere in the county. This troops will be mostly archers and spearmen.
The next step will be the setting of a heavier force. This can be swordsmen and cavalry, depending on the county's terrain.

I will lead the troops to battle as their Captain, while the Captain of the guard will be protecting the county.

5/18/2017 1:57:46 PM #4

The Garrison is from now on the home of the ducal army and the military training center of the duchy.

We need more people who want to fight for the safety of the others. And we need that civilians too, who are not afraid to travel with the army when needed.

5/27/2017 6:35:00 AM #5

Please move to Selene Organizations. Thank you.