COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Difficulty in trying to pick a kingdom/organization/tribe to join

So, being a mayor the location of where I decide to place my town will probably be the single most important decision I make as it will decide my family, my starting village, the count/duke/king I fall under and finally the tribe/culture that I will be starting in.

Given that we have no solid information about tribes, and I don't recall seeing a detailed map of the world, not to mention we have no idea what the detailed layouts of each country are, how are people making decisions as to where they plan to lay claim and what they plan to do? For example I see one organizations say they will be focusing on maritime regions with viking type culture. but what happens if a rival power grabs the territory they're looking at? or the climate doesn't support their playstyle etc.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a bunch of information somewhere but it's the lack of information as far as how everyone is going to fit into the world that has made me hold off on pledging towards any one particular group. Any advice?

2/24/2017 5:33:07 AM #1

Find a duke and count who are willing to compromise with their subordinates during land selection so that most if not all parties gain land that at least partially suits their desires. Needless to say the sooner you can manage this the better. If you tell me your rough plans I might be able to recommend you to some duchies/counties.

2/24/2017 7:09:25 AM #2

Yes a lot of what we doing now as the developers call it are a dance of dynasties. Settlement selection will show our resources options, and land selection will show how our territories will look like. Having the dukes and counts work together will help with picking the settlements. If you contact me on discord at Erik Fenrirson #5432 I'll be more than happy to show you what we have and further explain our land selection process

][Imgur

2/24/2017 10:36:29 PM #3

Thanks, I know I want to mainly be involved in economics. I was hoping to build a port town on a key river or ocean port so I have a lot of traffic coming through my town (more chances at people immigrating in or having skilled people for hire nearby).

Although, given that I don't know exactly how the economic mechanics of the game will work (can you even have a port city that allows you to build docks and stuff?) I'm not even quite sure as to what I want to focus on. Need some more dev journals.

2/24/2017 11:16:45 PM #4

There will definitely be ports or at least trade hubs along water ways. Ocean travel will not be viable for some time, however river and coastal travel by boat or barge will definitely be needed.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/24/2017 11:45:05 PM #5

As far as the map goes, as I understand, it won't be generated until right before exposition and it is possible that each server will have it's own unique map.

Countess of Tarnham

County Tarnham, Rhynelands Duchy, Vornair. Luna Server (NA-E)

2/24/2017 11:58:45 PM #6

Worry less about kingdoms and more about the duchy and county you would like to work with. Likely, you will work with only people in your county, so make sure you like what is going on there. Of course, you can't hate the Duke and King either.

None of us have maps yet, nor land selection. What can be done now is building those early relationships.

2/25/2017 12:05:19 AM #7

As someone who is focused on making a trading hub as well I feel your pain. As a Count I want to recruit people but the truth is that there's not a lot you can actually promise in that area with the information they've released. When it comes to choosing some place to call home I would look at the quality of the people you're dealing with first and foremost. Do your research on the forums or hop into various kingdom discords and lurk for a while to get a sense of which of the nobility thinks like you do. Or even just wait until land selection knowing who you are likely to pick and see if they get the land choice you're after.

2/25/2017 5:27:39 AM #8

If your primary interest is in making a successful port city, the duchy of the High Seas in Vornair's primary interests encompass pretty much all things naval, whether it be trade/combat/exploration. As our duke will start with two duchies and since its where the kingdom's fleet will be based, chances are we will have plenty of coastline. We have already determined our preferences and I know at least four of the counts who have designated their primary preference for coastline.

If this interests you, here is a link to the duchy discord and we'd be more than happy to talk with you, whether it be answering questions or just friendly discourse.

2/26/2017 4:58:26 AM #9

Well, I did find a county that fit my interests and am now pledged. Thank you for all the invitations I've received from this thread.