COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
[EU] Arkadian Crusaders of Virtori

Crusaders - Guardians of the Virtori Faith

Introduction

The Crusaders of Virtori are now accepting players interested in a PvP focus, either in direct combat or PvP support roles. Players who are new to PvP are welcomed and will be trained.

Who we are

We are a group of players who have known each other for years and enjoy the thrill and skill of pvp combat. To find out if this group of players is for you the best way is to come and chat with us and most importantly play some games with us!

How to join

Contact Chidar in the Duchy of Lyon discord

2/25/2017 2:25:09 AM #1

Members confirmed: 21 (account purchased individuals). Members to be vetted 20. Total Members Limit will be 100 for launch. Upper limit 200 in game. Squad based pvp, local team play for the normal day, get the 'call' for Crusader size pvp.

2/25/2017 7:28:27 PM #2

I welcome you all brothers and believers of the same faith, may Virtori guide us all.

2/26/2017 8:24:45 AM #3

welcome all new brothers

2/26/2017 11:15:29 AM #4

Wouldn't it be more immersive if you actually made up new names for your holy orders instead of using real life orders?

House Storm

2/26/2017 11:23:01 AM #5

Posted By Thor at 11:15 AM - Sun Feb 26 2017

Wouldn't it be more immersive if you actually made up new names for your holy orders instead of using real life orders?

Don't forget the straight up copying of their mannerisms and clothing as well.

Also, what does an Irish clan have to do with Elyria?

The Dorrian’s came from the O’Deorain Sept, a long established Irish clan; the Sept in its time was 50 strong. The head of the family was Chidar Dorrian, a tactician and strategist.

When you plagiarise something at least Elyriafy it somewhat better.

Coming Soon(tm)

2/26/2017 12:26:40 PM #6

Posted By chipla at 12:23 PM - Sun Feb 26 2017

Posted By Thor at 11:15 AM - Sun Feb 26 2017

Don't forget the straight up copying of their mannerisms and clothing as well.

Also, what does an Irish clan have to do with Elyria?

The Dorrian’s came from the O’Deorain Sept, a long established Irish clan; the Sept in its time was 50 strong. The head of the family was Chidar Dorrian, a tactician and strategist.

When you plagiarise something at least Elyriafy it somewhat better.

I think this should be more an issue for those who wants to join him or that wanted to do the very same thing, so supposing you're a great creative RPer you should not be interested into this isn't it?

Duke of Lyrhia

2/26/2017 12:43:21 PM #7

Firstly I am not a role player, tried to get something together for those that want a back story - you know in the spirit of the game. The Irish clan is real life heritage, and its association to Elyria I think was a good effort. I am sure plenty of you out there could have done better with tying it to the game. I wont be Elyriafying anything more than I already have. Yes i am likely to copy the Crusader image as well, it is easily recognized.

Thor - The Kingdom of Arkadia under the Holy Priest has an order of Crusaders, in the spirit of the game we aimed for that. I am a pvp person, so this approach is suitable for now. If others in the team come with ideas we can adapt. However with 200 pvp'ers I dont want an endless debate on who we are.

Chipla - A little disappointing from you, not very supportive, we aren't all novelists or role players. But don't worry we wont exclude the role players in your kingdom. I fully intend to pay them a visit.

That will be my first and only post on on the subject.

2/26/2017 1:13:00 PM #8

chipla: a wise man once said don't poke the tiger

2/26/2017 1:33:48 PM #9

Posted By Chidar at 12:43 PM - Sun Feb 26 2017

The Irish clan is real life heritage, and its association to Elyria I think was a good effort. I am sure plenty of you out there could have done better with tying it to the game.

My point is that instead of just copy pasting that the Dorrains were Irish you could have just changed Irish to Arkadian.

I wont be Elyriafying anything more than I already have. Yes i am likely to copy the Crusader image as well, it is easily recognized.

Which is a shame, cause the idea of Vitori crusaders is a good one, and with a bit of an effort could blend seamlessly with the established lore, even naming the orders after the various virtues of the religion makes it seem less like a lazy copy-paste (which I'm not saying this is) and more thought out and developed, which is frankly good for both your organisation and for the EU server as a whole.

Chipla - A little disappointing from you, not very supportive, we aren't all novelists or role players.

This is me being supportive, and I'm neither a novelist nor a hardcore RPer.

Posted By Wuchi at 1:13 PM - Sun Feb 26 2017

chipla: a wise man once said don't poke the tiger

Until the game goes live everyone on this forum is a paper tiger as far as I'm concerned, even once we get a game I seriously doubt Arkadia will have nothing better to do than to come after me for a caustic comment on a forum from two to three years back.

Coming Soon(tm)

2/26/2017 5:25:27 PM #10

Chipla, let me direct you to the word "Prologue". "A prologue or prolog (Greek πρόλογος prólogos, from pro, "before" and lógos, "word") is an opening to a story that establishes the context and gives background details, often some earlier story that ties into the main one, and other miscellaneous information." In this case the prologue is drawn from Chidar's actual family. He hails from true warriors that fought and died for their beliefs.

How dare you throw accusations of plagiarism around. This man joins the CoE community and in good faith adds content to our story and this is the first thing out of your mouth?

I can go on but any further investment in this is just silly. Anyone can plainly see the facts for themselves.

You owe him a public apology for this poor behavior. This is all I have to say about the matter.

2/28/2017 11:59:13 PM #11

I guess, now that we have this past us, we can return to recruiting.

6/6/2017 4:14:49 PM #12

The original post was substantially reduced, taking out some of the story elements. The main focus of this group is pvp focused activities. We have a couple of branches. One branch is for players who want to pvp most of the time. The other branch is for players who want to do some pvp and a good deal of crafting and pve activities.