COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
what movies....

if any, have you watched that gets you hyped for CoE?

the Conan ones have done it for me.

4/21/2017 8:09:50 AM #1

Idk, the closest thing I can think of is Game of Thrones, but I wouldn't say it makes me excited about CoE in particular...

ayy lmao

4/21/2017 8:31:46 AM #2

I've reread the old R.E. Howard Conan books recently. Oddly, what's been doing it for me recently is going back and reading old samurai school curriculum from around the start of the Tokugawa Shogunate. Replaying the Uncharted games, specifically the last one, has gotten me into the mood for adventure.

If I had to pick a movie though, I would probably watch something thematically related, rather than something that necessarily has a low-fantasy setting. The Spy Who Came In From The Cold deals with forgery, politics and deception. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and The Revenant both get my blood going a bit in that direction as well.

4/21/2017 10:32:18 AM #3

Not a movie but - Vikings. It's like a stripped down, dark-age, bling-free GoT for anyone that hasn't indulged and far more like I think CoE will be than GoT.

Its also much better than GoT from a narrative perspective as the entire series has one screen writer. Thats what has let GoT down as its progressed imho, too many cooks. That's where I hope the giant hand of Caspian will maintain a grip on CoE's engine. The failing of many MMO's is an army of writers who don't seem to have met each other or even read the lorebook.

The only game I've truly loved was a purist sandbox with next to no quests and no external direction, the closer CoE is to that the more like Vikings I will make it for me :-)

4/21/2017 11:23:03 AM #4

my sister-in-law insists I watch Vikings. I have yet to do so.

4/21/2017 1:11:10 PM #5

The Human Centipede and SpongeBob Squarepants.

4/21/2017 2:40:15 PM #6

Not a movie but a tv series, i recommend the last kingdom. To me it seems semi hostorical with some fiction elementes as well as politics and relationshups between characters.

the books that the series are based from are pretty goos too.

4/21/2017 3:09:19 PM #7

Westworld. Are these npcs or people. What are gods, what is conciousness. How do you make people self aware. How do you immerse a person in an idea or use an idea to persuade someone. Who has more control over the story the Developers or the players.

4/25/2017 2:57:52 AM #8

Posted By Ezekir at 10:40 AM - Fri Apr 21 2017

Not a movie but a tv series, i recommend the last kingdom. To me it seems semi hostorical with some fiction elementes as well as politics and relationshups between characters.

the books that the series are based from are pretty goos too.

The Vikings would be my first choice as well, however things like Gladiator and 300 get my blood pumping, not related in the least but hey, does it for me.

4/25/2017 5:54:00 AM #9

Posted By Reikan at 03:09 AM - Sat Apr 22 2017

Westworld. Are these npcs or people. What are gods, what is conciousness. How do you make people self aware. How do you immerse a person in an idea or use an idea to persuade someone. Who has more control over the story the Developers or the players.

I'm going to go watch that, it sounds cool.