COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
No IP when I purchased EP

Not quite sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something. That said, I thought I'd ask.

I had Duke on layaway. Decided to convert my 50% complete layaway pledge to credit and grab another Count package later. This left me with close to $700 in credit in which i purchased roughly 10k or so EP. Mostly via the $200 for 3k EP.

That said, when I went back into my profile, I noticed +0 IP for the 2 seperate purchases and my IP didn't move on the chart (I think).

Any help is appreciated. I know there was another EP or IP bug but it seemed seperate from this one.

Thanks!

5/15/2017 4:33:52 PM #1

Did your ip increase when you made contribution to your layaway?

5/15/2017 4:34:30 PM #2

If you used all store credit then you wouldn't gain IP since your IP was already increased when you put the money into the lay-away. IP is only gained on cash spent on the project or through referrals. You wouldn't get more IP for using store credit.

I used my $100 merch credit from KS pledge the other day towards the $200 EP pack. Since I added in $100 of new money my IP went up 1000 points. Not 2000 points for using credit and new money.

Edit: just looked at the Influence chart. Looks like you already got credit for the IP when you did the lay-away:

120 Sumdeus 26050

5/15/2017 4:37:11 PM #3

Click the STORE button and see what EP you have on there first.

Next click your name in the top right and look at the Account screen. On the screen you'll find an influence tab. What does it say?

In short though you'll only get IP when you add credit. If you simply change the way it's spent without paying anything it won't count it twice.

EP and IP are two different things. EP = exposition points. IP = influence points and is mostly based on spend x 10, but includes referrals etc too

5/15/2017 4:47:00 PM #4

To all responses above, it may have increased during layaway payments, I'll have double check when I get home.

However, I thought we didn't receive ANY package benefits until the layaway was fully paid off. So my assumption would be that IP was included in that statement. Meaning IP wouldn't reflect until package was paid off.

Not sure how to back track IP but I'm sure I'll figure it out if no one offers an easy check before I get home

5/15/2017 4:53:32 PM #5

The benefits of the pack. So you don't get the ep

The ip or influence is everytime you pay a part of the layaway. Checked on my own account

5/15/2017 4:59:09 PM #6

When you get home follow the instructions Oracle posted:

-Click on your account name in the upper right corner of the webpage.

-Click on the Influence tab on the left menu

-This brings up a list that shows how your IP was earned

5/15/2017 6:07:23 PM #7

Posted By Captain Alvord at 12:59 PM - Mon May 15 2017

When you get home follow the instructions Oracle posted:

-Click on your account name in the upper right corner of the webpage.

-Click on the Influence tab on the left menu

-This brings up a list that shows how your IP was earned

Correct, issue is I have a lot of purchases. That said, it's hard for me to determine which purchases were package IP and which ones were store EP purchases that gave IP.

I bought low tier then kept upgrading skipping some tiers here and there. And since I don't remember old package prices, or how much money total I've spent, it's hard to back track the IP train.

So trying to figure out if I got IP for EP purchases or a layaway payment is confusing me at the moment. I think i just need to get out of work and back track when i get home and can think clearly.