COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
January 25th Q&A Stream - Ask Questions Here

Hey Folks!

Monday, January 25th is our weekly Live Chat. I'll be on DM21 Gaming's YouTube channel where BicycleWalrus will be asking the questions and I'll be answering them! Live! With my voice! You'll get to hear answers straight from the horse's mouth. Hmm... I guess that makes me the horse.

Please use this forum topic to post your questions for the Live Chat. We may not answer all of them, but we'll do the best we can.

RULES

1. Please limit it to one post per community member
  2. Please provide no more than three questions in your post
  3. Keep your questions brief (as in, 1-2 sentences)
  4. If you have more than one question, please number them and provide paragraphs in between so we can clearly identify them.
  5. Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to.

If you want to, you can Watch it Live by clicking on this YouTube link on January 25th beginning about 30 minutes before the broadcast time.

See you all at 4pm PST / 7pm EST / Midnight GMT on Monday, January 25th!

1/25/2016 5:19:00 PM #1

Q1. Will there be a weight restriction to how much a horse or pack animal can carry? ie Are there saddlebag restrictions?

Q2. If I have a cart or wagon will it require special containers to transport goods?

Q3. Can I have hidden compartments or secret lock boxes on a wagon or cart for special items being transported?

1/25/2016 5:19:06 PM #2

1: Will it be possible to have a shop ran completely(or almost completely) by an OPC and have that OPC accept trade contracts within certain parameters?

2: How long do you think it would take for 10 characters to start a Hamlet? Meaning houses for all, and all the buildings required.

3: Is it possible for a single character to build a house from start to finish and how long would you estimate it taking? Including gathering all the materials, processing them and construction.

1/25/2016 5:19:07 PM #3

1: Can we smoke pipes? If so, to what effect?

2: Bees?!?

3: Cabbages?!?

2 + 2

1/25/2016 5:19:54 PM #4

Q1: Will there be sounds from the blacksmith or lumbermill being heard in the street outside? Striking on an anvil, the sounds of people selling their wares in the streets, etc.

Q2: How will the spoiling of food work? I assume it won't spoil in one day, but then how will it work?

Q3: Are you considering using Indiegogo after the Kickstarter is over? This allows newer people to still buy some nice perks for a month (or a couple), but were too late for the Kickstarter.

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy

1/25/2016 5:21:29 PM #5
  1. How can we establish guilds or associations?

2. How do you expect festivals to work? How long do you think they would last? Are you planning on having NPCs have festivals at launch, before players can establish them? (Is this too much for one question? ;) )

3. Can we use IP to make NPC towns at launch and long with other things like what people could call a mountain nearby or something? Because.. Obviously the NPCs need to name it something.

BATTLECAT!

1/25/2016 5:22:10 PM #6
  1. Will groups of people whispering be silent to everyone around them regardless of situation, or will be eavesdropping catch what they're saying?

2. You've spoken about flags and coat-of-arms for families or organisations? Could we see clothing with such coat-of-arms on them (cloaks for example)?

3. Could I smoke a pipe? And if so, with what in it and its effect?

1/25/2016 5:22:33 PM #7

Question 1) Crap brb

1/25/2016 5:22:47 PM #8

Q1: At the start of the game how hard will it be to play together if your friends wants to be different races? Will we know where all the races spawn or do we have to be in the same family/race?

Q2: Will technology always be at a challenging state vs character skill? Will we get to a point where our stats are so high we can pick locks no matter the quality?

Q3: I plan on being a detective in CoE, wanted to ask if there are any details on what the investigation skills will cover. Do I have to learn multiple crafts to be able to tell how a criminal committed a crime. IE I need deviant to tell a locked was picked or blacksmithing to tell a sword was changed.

1/25/2016 5:24:38 PM #9

1: Will this game launch on steam?

2: Will there be player created drugs?

1/25/2016 5:27:43 PM #10

1.) Will the early access, alpha/beta tester community become part of the initial NPC community of the world?

2.) Will there be coins at the begining of the game or do we have to research coinage for it?

3.) In research do we have a set chance to discover something and as more people research it (be it in a guild, institute, world) the chance will increase or will it be a different method (like points accumulating)?

1/25/2016 5:28:58 PM #11

1) Next DJ, what is it on and when will we get it?

2) If I incapacitate or CDG someone and they see my face or a distinguishing feature, can they go back to town and tell people? Or does there have to be an eye witness other than the victim?

3) How will diseases function? Will we be able to randomly come down with a cold? If we come into contact with a diseased person, what is the likelihood of us catching it?

1/25/2016 5:31:19 PM #12

Q1. Bees? Are they in? Can we farm them for honey and/or wax and do they have a role in polination in Elyria?

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/25/2016 5:32:12 PM #13

1. are underwater caves a thing? and can i go swimming/diving/mining/collecting underwater?
2. Do you think we'll have the whole underground excavated by the 10 year story? (creating some sort of underground kingdom system?) or will things collapse and the soil replenish itself?

1/25/2016 5:32:34 PM #14

1.Any idea how many cards are on the table for the new website?

2.With no voice chat and multiple races, will there be multiple in game languages in CoE.

If so, I would assume all languages would be gibberish unless you learn them and then they can be read as English. Therefore, will translating be a profession or skill that can be developed for races to allow communication?

1/25/2016 5:47:14 PM #15

1) how long will it take to build a house