COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Can you be a cannibal?

For those interested in nefarious deeds, I think it would be a suitable action to take. The ability to eat vampires, or at least monsters would be nice too. Are there any intentions to implement such features in the game?

6/8/2017 3:30:13 AM #1

I doub't they'd stop you from a game mechanic perspective, but I wouldn't expect to gain any more than a stomach ache.

Probably incredibly illegal in most areas though.

6/8/2017 6:36:07 AM #2

I wouldn't count on it being a thing unless explicitly stated. This is one of those things that they would have to go out of their way to account for from a mechanics perspective.

6/8/2017 6:44:48 AM #3

Think someone mentioned in another tread that cannibalism will sadly not be possible.

6/8/2017 9:46:53 AM #4

When killing things you would probably be able to loot the "meat", as in bones, muscles, organs, skin etc. and then maybe cook them or eat them raw.

But like it was mentioned, in a Q&A it was said that it would not be the same case with Mann. So no cannibalism there, or blood & bone rituals using Mann stuff.

Shroud to The Covenant of the Veil

6/8/2017 10:05:31 AM #5

Posted By Sareseras at 10:46 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

When killing things you would probably be able to loot the "meat", as in bones, muscles, organs, skin etc. and then maybe cook them or eat them raw.

But like it was mentioned, in a Q&A it was said that it would not be the same case with Mann. So no cannibalism there, or blood & bone rituals using Mann stuff.

This. For a variety of reasons it's very unlikely that cannibalism is going to make its way into CoE. It would be great for RP, less so for anything else, and in a game where RP is largely superceded by a mechanically responsive world, I think that's not so great a loss.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/8/2017 12:46:05 PM #6

Everything in this room is eatable. In fact even I am eatable, but that is called cannibalism my dear children and is frowned upon in most civilizations.

Hope it helps...

6/8/2017 12:55:17 PM #7

Posted By PixiePunchPie at 1:46 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Everything in this room is eatable. In fact even I am eatable, but that is called cannibalism my dear children and is frowned upon in most civilizations.

This is it. The ultimate reference.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/8/2017 2:19:51 PM #8

Posted By Caelestius at 07:55 AM - Thu Jun 08 2017

Posted By PixiePunchPie at 1:46 PM - Thu Jun 08 2017

This is it. The ultimate reference.

So come on, you seriously think that Yoru would not resort to little inter species cuisine when pickings are slim in that frozen wasteland?

6/9/2017 2:42:07 AM #9

How does this topic keep coming up? Do people not do a search to see if this has been asked 50 times? NO THERE IS NO CANNIBALISM in the game!

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

6/9/2017 2:52:38 AM #10

I can understand why not- mostly because it would give the (for lack of a better term) tryhards a bigger advantage.

The kind of people who don't care if cannibalism goes against lore, but they'll do it constantly because it's easy food.