COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
Inkdot Guild

Scribes are nothing without ink, inkmakers are nothing without paper, papermakers are nothing without scribes. But all together are the foundation for sharing wisdom, culture and fun.

So I established the INKDOT GUILD for scribes, inkmakers and papermakers. Also authors, booksellers, journalists and librarians are welcome. As Inkdot Guild is a out-of-game-guild it will be no matter what your primary in-game guild is.

The young guild is searching now for professionalists and teachers to erect a stable school for this Art on discord. First schoolbooks has been written, that you will be able to buy in-game if you like to put them on a shelf at your virtual home.

Professionalist can join the guild as teachers. Students can join the guild for lessons. Masters can share their knowledge by publishing schoolbooks.

The Inkdot Guild will assist to match masters and apprentices in-game and is able to offer local rooms for practicle training.

As the guild is a guild of honour the virtual membership is free. But members are expected to behave as worthy craftsman and a model and a valuable member of society in-game and offline. The target is quality and not money. Who willingly produces bad goods or sells at a harmful and low price ingame will be excluded. Such an act would be published. Who produces quality goods or sells at an adequate price will be vaunted.

Schreiber sind nichts ohne Tinte, Tintenmacher nichts ohne Papier, Papiermacher nichts ohne Schreiber. Doch alle zusammen bilden sie das Fundament, um Weisheit, Kultur und Spaß zu teilen.

So habe ich die INKDOT GUILD (Tintenklecksgilde) für Schreiber, Tintenmacher und Papierhersteller gegründet. Auch Autoren, Buchhändler, Journalisten and Bibliothekare sind willkommen. Da die Tintenklecksgilde eine offline-Gilde ist, spielt es keine Rolle, welcher Gilde ihr Euch im Spiel anschließt.

Die junge Gilde sucht nun berufserfahrene Kräfte und Lehrer, um eine Schule für diese Künste auf unserem Discord-Server zu errichten. Die ersten Schulbücher sind bereits geschrieben, die es dann auch im Spiel zu kaufen geben wird, wenn sie jemand in sein Regal stellen mag.

Fachkräfte können als Lehrer beitreten. Schüler können als Kursteilnehmer beitreten. Meister können ihr Wissen durch die Herausgabe von Unterrichtsmaterialien teilen.

Die Gilde bringt in-game Meister und Lernwillige zusammen und wird auch im Spiel Räume für praktische Übungen anbieten können.

Da die Gilde auf Ehre basiert ist die Mitgliedschaft kostenlos. Aber von Mitgliedern wird erwartet, dass sie sich wie ehrenvolle Handwerker aufführen, Vorbild sind und wertvolle Mitglieder der Gesellschaft. Das Ziel ist es, die Qualität zu steigern und nicht das Vermögen. Wer willentlich schlechte Ware produziert oder zu einem schädlich niedrigen Preis verkauft, wird ausgeschlossen. Solch ein Fall würde öffentlich bekannt gemacht. Wer hingegen hochwertige Ware produziertund zu einem angemessenen Preis verkauft wird geachtet.

INKDOT GUILD on discord

House Pyrros

6/14/2017 4:13:44 PM #1

I am not able to do any of these useful arts, but i wish you the best of luck!

Ich beherrsche keiner dieser Künste, wünsche aber viel Glück!

Aka. Okuu99/Nik

6/15/2017 11:56:13 AM #2

good idea but it needs fine tuning.

Schools and guilds are two different things, so you can't have a guild that has a school in it :D

6/15/2017 12:05:03 PM #3

Posted By Nagash at 12:56 PM - Thu Jun 15 2017

good idea but it needs fine tuning.

Schools and guilds are two different things, so you can't have a guild that has a school in it :D

^ This. Do a bit more reading on the different kinds of organisation and the responsibilities of each. You could have a guild, perhaps, with an apprenticeship scheme, as many real-world guilds had. Maybe start by recruiting the experienced and encourage them to take on apprentices by giving funding to members who do.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

6/15/2017 1:15:10 PM #4

I would also try to get a patron as getting materials for your production will cost money, unless you plan to do that too.

Buying a building/land would cost money anyways, so you need some income.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

6/15/2017 6:19:54 PM #5

@Aziel -- thank you for your good wishes.

@Nagash -- Information is the first step to do... We have to collect any information on those professions and give hints to newcomers. Learning and working in groops is more effective than working alone. We will collect even information on possible mistakes to avoid them. Masters shall help apprentices. If I will be successful with my private business (local newspapers/bookstores) all over Elyria I will have enough money to errect schools or little universities that can offer training tools and books.

@Caelestius -- as you said: start by recruiting the experienced and encourage them to take on apprentices by giving funding to members who do. ... it will be a further step

@Lukespyro -- and my profession should offer enough money. Other patrons (Counts, Dukes, Kings that see how important paper is are invited to spend money, ground or buildings. The best paper possible should be the result.

House Pyrros

6/15/2017 8:17:51 PM #6

Posted By Scipion at 2:19 PM - Thu Jun 15 2017

@Aziel -- thank you for your good wishes.

@Nagash -- Information is the first step to do... We have to collect any information on those professions and give hints to newcomers. Learning and working in groops is more effective than working alone. We will collect even information on possible mistakes to avoid them. Masters shall help apprentices. If I will be successful with my private business (local newspapers/bookstores) all over Elyria I will have enough money to errect schools or little universities that can offer training tools and books.

@Caelestius -- as you said: start by recruiting the experienced and encourage them to take on apprentices by giving funding to members who do. ... it will be a further step

@Lukespyro -- and my profession should offer enough money. Other patrons (Counts, Dukes, Kings that see how important paper is are invited to spend money, ground or buildings. The best paper possible should be the result.

As real life has shown me, never overestimate your income -_-

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

6/15/2017 8:27:30 PM #7

Posted By Scipion

Scribes are nothing without ink, inkmakers are nothing without paper, papermakers are nothing without scribes. But all together are the foundation for sharing wisdom, culture and fun.

INKDOT GUILD on discord

Yet you would all be for naught if it weren't for the humble woodcutter.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

6/15/2017 8:42:11 PM #8

Posted By ZeroCool at 4:27 PM - Thu Jun 15 2017

Posted By Scipion

INKDOT GUILD on discord

Yet you would all be for naught if it weren't for the humble woodcutter.

Not necessarily, paper can be made with papyrus or flax as well.

And both grow faster than trees

Friend Code: B8ADDD

6/16/2017 7:51:23 AM #9

I admire woodcutters... It is a hard work. Every woodcutter who feels responsable to forestry and wants to deliver lumber to a papermill is welcome to ask at the guilds foyer for the nearest clients. If there is no guild for lumberjacks or pulpmaker woodcutters are invited to run a branch of their own in the INKDOT GUILD. The need for reafforestation should not be underestimated. In addition it would be helpful to calculate the work a woodcutter and skidder does, so that I can also calculate the price of paper.

@lukeSpyro -- work and networking, those are the source of money. The guild wont take other money from their members than donations. But there will be lessons at universities and schools all over Elyria. I will sell learning material in my stores. Books with content that was elaboured by the guild will bring a share for the guild

House Pyrros

6/16/2017 7:56:00 AM #10

@ziggyspots -- yes... thank you for that comment. We have to find out what plants and what other material can be used to conserve writing. Stone and clay could be out of fashion...

House Pyrros

6/16/2017 10:10:14 AM #11

you may need to read up on schools a little, it's a good ambition that you have, but within the context of game mechanics, you won't be able to do the school part of it. This is mainly because you can only be part of one school, so setting up multiple is impossible.

Guilds do the same thing as schools though and you can set multiple of them up all over the place. You'd be better off having a Non-Profit as your setup and then have a "Guild of Scribes" and a "Guild of Teachers", or something like that.

Systems may change though, but based on the current info we have, you won't be able to make branching off schools in different locations, because thats what Guilds are for :D

6/16/2017 11:42:57 PM #12

If game mechanic does not fit with the structure of my guild it will work offline and with the help of some ingame-contracts.

The school, I mentioned, is virtualy for theoretical training only (on discord). Lessons will be hold later at schools all over Elyria.

House Pyrros

6/17/2017 12:26:52 AM #13

Posted By Scipion at 03:56 AM - Fri Jun 16 2017

@ziggyspots -- yes... thank you for that comment. We have to find out what plants and what other material can be used to conserve writing. Stone and clay could be out of fashion...

I remember that both flax and cotton were listed as a clothing source in the tribe write ups that have been posted. So it's as much as guaranteed.

Papyrus is just wishful thinking on my part, but it would make sense in the more arid regions that have few trees.

Friend Code: B8ADDD

6/17/2017 3:21:23 AM #14

This is a great idea, and as someone who plans to pursue alchemy with scribe work on the side, i approve.

Good luck!

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

6/17/2017 8:10:37 AM #15

@Sohei -- thank you. On the NA-W server you are unreachable far away for us. But we can still remain in contact. In my free time I will pursue alchemy, too. I would be interestet in your affords and would share them with my readers (i publish in-game books) and with the Order of Bylindu, an alchemical guild here on EU-server

House Pyrros