COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
A question about the possibility of a random start

So, if I were given the choice I would want my character to be born with a random appearance and family in Elyria, no preference for starting tribe, family profession, location, nor anything else (with the exception of a slight preference towards player parents) and I would like to know if anyone knows if this is a possibility. Is anyone else interested in a random start as well?

6/21/2017 1:27:16 AM #1

A random option would be cool, though I'm not sure if it will be possible in the game.

6/21/2017 1:42:10 AM #2

That is essentially the standard new character with a family mentioned in https://chroniclesofelyria.com/game/families-genetics.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

6/21/2017 1:56:44 AM #3

Since character creation is a filtering system, you could randomly generate your start using numbers. x tribes, y professions, z biomes, a family types and so on. Good old DnD dice help with everything!

But a random start would actually be kinda cool to play, I might stick with the first skill set I get though, depending on if I like it a lot I guess.

6/21/2017 2:54:00 AM #4

Posted By FenixFireSage at 8:42 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

That is essentially the standard new character with a family mentioned in https://chroniclesofelyria.com/game/families-genetics.

As far as I could tell from reading it the first time and skimming it again now, that shows that you'll have to decide on the specifics of what kind of family you want to be born into, unless there is an "any" option to pick on the different selections provided.

Posted By Vilucide at 8:56 PM - Tue Jun 20 2017

Since character creation is a filtering system, you could randomly generate your start using numbers. x tribes, y professions, z biomes, a family types and so on. Good old DnD dice help with everything!

But a random start would actually be kinda cool to play, I might stick with the first skill set I get though, depending on if I like it a lot I guess.

That would work but it doesn't take into account the disproportionate amount of Elysians of each tribe, profession, and their location having a child. If I rolled a d12 I have a 1/12 chance of getting any of the tribes equally but I doubt there will be such an even spread of characters among the twelve tribes.