COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
NPC given by Villager token

Hi hi!

It's said that for each Villager token, a new NPC inhabitant is granted to the settlement. That's pretty cool, most of we i'm sure agree with that but here is the thing:

What if the Mayors could decide the tribe of those "inmigrants". Not individually, but all the token NPCs as a whole. That way Mayors could offer at least 2 different tribes to their PC dwellers.

For example: I'm a Neran mayor in a Neran town, but decide that token NPC could be Hrothi. The town will still be Neran (they are a majority) but have few hrothi inhabitants (inmigrants by "lore"). Now, players that choose my town (at least some of them due to the limited number) can choose between neran and hrothi families.

Just an idea, open to discussion :D

6/21/2017 4:49:39 PM #1

Posted By Daedhel at

Hi hi!

It's said that for each Villager token, a new NPC inhabitant is granted to the settlement. That's pretty cool, most of we i'm sure agree with that but here is the thing:

What if the Mayors could decide the tribe of those "inmigrants". Not individually, but all the token NPCs as a whole. That way Mayors could offer at least 2 different tribes to their PC dwellers.

For example: I'm a Neran mayor in a Neran town, but decide that token NPC could be Hrothi. The town will still be Neran (they are a majority) but have few hrothi inhabitants (inmigrants by "lore"). Now, players that choose my town (at least some of them due to the limited number) can choose between neran and hrothi families.

Just an idea, open to discussion :D

I want to expand on this a bit, instead of choosing the individual skills of the NPCs we could have a selection box which says that these NPCs are leaning towards Bardic skills, crafting etc..

6/21/2017 4:57:29 PM #2

Sounds like a great idea to me. I'd love to get some diversity in my town, and as long as the numbers remain small it shouldn't significantly distort demographics or game balance.

Don't know about skill preferences though. At that point it becomes a major advantage for those who can afford tokens or have communities backing them, as they can just gather the skills they need to quickly expand their town.

Alt text

6/21/2017 5:47:09 PM #3

Most skills will be covered, tows were there before us so many of the basic skills will be there.