COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Kingdom Maps

Although Kingdom locations are not set in stone yet would it be possible for the Kingdom leaders to setout maps of the underlying county locations; basically just an outline map.

I realize some counties and settlements need to be near certain resources; at least this would give me(us) a general idea of how resource movement and travel will take place.

Probly the best place for the King is in the center, but maybe the layout of the land dictates otherwise. As Vornair is so huge I am looking for a resource map mostly (ie each county may specialize in a certain trade or technology (like teaching); lets say certain counties want to work agriculture; perhaps certain counties wish to be close to each other regardless of resource.

This would not be tribe specific.

Some elaboration or talk on how the maps could be made; perhaps there are already some in the wikis of the respective kingdoms I havent looked.

The Time To Travel Is Now

Friend Code: 650C5C

7/2/2017 6:03:13 AM #1

Nothing is certain when it comes to map/land selection yet. Anyone elaborating on it will be pure speculation. The maps are yet to be released and there are to many variables to consider when it comes to land selection. It's best to just wait.

7/2/2017 8:57:37 AM #2

I agree with rathner but yes you need to keep the king in the middle to properly take care of and protect all the citizens.

As far as the counties are concerned its up to what each person wants to accomplish as goals, such as resource gathering or research and clearly communicating them to each other before final selection.

For example I want a research and military based county so I don't necessarily need prime farming or mining lands just enough room for my citizens to smith build and practice what they need. Then I can build defenses based on the terrain.

If you would like to discuss things further feel free to message me if I don't know the answer ill do my best to get it to you!

A hammer is both a tool of creation and destruction, it is used to both build kingdoms and destroy them.

10/31/2017 11:12:17 AM #3

Posted By Rathner at 02:03 AM - Sun Jul 02 2017

Nothing is certain when it comes to map/land selection yet. Anyone elaborating on it will be pure speculation. The maps are yet to be released and there are to many variables to consider when it comes to land selection. It's best to just wait.

there was some new information on maps not too long ago, saw a angry bears or something about it recently. I'm sure if you ask or look around you could find it. Sorry I do not have it.

12/22/2017 4:52:31 AM #4

I have to respectfully disagree about Capital placement. Its obviously tempting just to plop the city in the center, but I would encourage a more balanced approach that accounted for topography and geographical benefits (This is assuming the capitals are not preselected).

For example, if there's an area with several converging rivers, that may offer the best access both to other cities and trade routes, and should therefore outweigh an area in the middle of a field. In the event some bloody war breaks loose, and we have to assume the worst, defensive placement utilizing natural defenses should also be taken into consideration. Of historical note, most of your power player cities were/are located near some type of access to major waterways.

Maybe I'm digging too much into this, Geography is kind of my thing lol.

Nos Non Luxuria Pacis.

12/22/2017 5:50:20 AM #5

, Posted By Euron_Strider at 10:52 PM - Thu Dec 21 2017

I have to respectfully disagree about Capital placement. Its obviously tempting just to plop the city in the center, but I would encourage a more balanced approach that accounted for topography and geographical benefits (This is assuming the capitals are not preselected).

For example, if there's an area with several converging rivers, that may offer the best access both to other cities and trade routes, and should therefore outweigh an area in the middle of a field. In the event some bloody war breaks loose, and we have to assume the worst, defensive placement utilizing natural defenses should also be taken into consideration. Of historical note, most of your power player cities were/are located near some type of access to major waterways.

Maybe I'm digging too much into this, Geography is kind of my thing lol.

But that brings up a chicken-or-egg question for CoE's capital placement: will cities be major hubs because they're capitals, or are they capitals because they're major hubs?

I'm wondering how easy it will be to relocate the capital, as it's certainly not unheard of irl.

12/22/2017 7:18:23 PM #6

Agreed. Being a capital would inherently mean an increase in commerce, as their spending power would likely be higher. But if I were a trader trying to make a quick profit, I'd stop at the closest/most convenient market I could get too.

But it may be too early to say. I don't know what kind of role geography will play in the game mechanics, or if traveling up river is even possible.

Nos Non Luxuria Pacis.