COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
IT Guide Request

Community members and SBS personnel,

I (and I'm guessing many other community members) know next to nothing about the technical side of gaming and programming.

Prior to starting the testing phases of development, I want to request either an official guide or a detailed guide from a community member knowledgeable about the topic to be compiled.

What I would specifically like to know is 1) Common bug/glitch names (if that is a thing) 2) tips on describing bugs/glitches to expedite corrective actions.

We will be expected to report bugs during development, but if we don't know what to call them (again, if that's a thing) and how to best describe them it will be inefficient.

Someone please make a guide to teach us how to be better game testers.

7/10/2017 3:05:08 PM #1

Hi Kelipski,

We appreciate your great suggestion and I can assure you we plan to provide plenty of guidance on what we'd like tested, how to verify and report issues, omni-validation, etc..

Once it is appropriate and we are closer to our Alpha I, II, Beta I, and Beta II development phases, we'll release more details to those who will be participating.

Thank you!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

7/10/2017 8:28:33 PM #2

Hopefully the alpha clients will come with log output, but describing the exact nature of when your issue occurred, what you were doing etc is the most obvious start point. The more detail, usually the better. Aside from the error or bug details, if applicable, logs, technical specs etc may be desirable. You can get a summary relatively easily via dxdiag (run it from your run prompt and save the output).

I suspect everything from technical bugs to exploits and things not working properly are welcome as well as typically and constructive feedback you can come up with.

That said, watch out for SBS posts - these guys are the authority ;)

7/11/2017 12:26:02 AM #3

Go in everything, hit everything, try to jump over everything, try to go under everything, try every emote, everywhere, the list is quite endless as to how you can effectively help test as there's no wrong way to go about it though I assume your question is referring to how to test effectively and make proper reports.

The Akashic Records