COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Where can I call home?

Hello All!

So I have been perusing the forums for both NA E and W trying to decide which server to call home. While I can see there are already large communities of players being established, it is hard to get a handle on what everyone's like. So I decided to try posting this and see what everyone has to say!

I am most interested in joining a server that will have a kingdom which has allocated a great deal of resources towards higher learning. More specifically for Alchemists and potential mages(if lucky enough to have the gift).

Most importantly, I want to find a group of players that like to joke around and have fun on discord and in game and don't take it too seriously. No offense to RP players, it's just not my thing. People that don't need safe spaces or get upset because someone says a bad word. We can talk about beer, guns, cars, beards, motorcycles, MERICA and whatever else we want! If there is a group of fellow Texans out there that would be a plus!

I am considering pledging based on a position where I could be of use within that community. So the purpose of this post is NOT a competition. It is to see which server has a group of individuals with like interests as me and see where I best fit. I just want to spark some conversation and introduce myself and decide from there.

Well, Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting yall!

7/19/2017 1:24:09 AM #1

Hi Murray13,

welcome to NA-W. If you are going to choose NA-W, you will find a very diverse population. And the political relationships between the kingdoms seem to be much more interesting on NA-W than NA-E (Vornair is simply too big on NA-E).

However, I don't know whether you will find Texans here. ;)

Best wishes,

Kant

7/19/2017 2:28:48 AM #2

Murray13, welcome to the CoE community and forums. Like you I am in Texas so it didn't matter whether I went West or East. After visiting and spending some time in Discord I decided to go West, after all West is Best. The Kingdom of Blackheart seemed to fit my bill. Where our Queen and her Dutchy will be Heavy RP (which is not my thing either) there are other Dutchies that will go in different directions. I plan on locating within the Olath Valm Dutchy which will focus on Economics and Trade.

The difference between the East and West (so far) is population. The East should have more players than the West and I have played many games with a high population and if you are not careful you can get lost in the shuffle fairly quickly so this was my main reason for going West. And besides the Blackheart Discord experience was a friendly bunch and seemed to be very inviting.

Take a look at the link below if you are interested in a Kingdom on the West Server. Whether you join us or go elsewhere I wish you well in your endeavors and once again, welcome to the Community...

The Kingdom of Blackheart: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/11752/na-kingdom-of-blackheart

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

7/19/2017 2:32:53 AM #3

That sounds good I will check out the info and come chat soon and exactly right, for me East or West doesn't matter it's the experience and people around me that matters!

7/19/2017 2:36:33 AM #4

Hey Murray,

Check your PMs when you get a moment. I sent you one shortly after your original post, but I am not sure if you seen it or not.

Corialli, Count of Louise

7/19/2017 2:41:30 AM #5

I have I will definitely come on your discord and come chat with yas soon!

7/19/2017 4:24:48 AM #6

Welcome to COE mate!!!!

if nothing else you made a good call joining this game. now as you said the hard part finding out where you want to live. which seems like a simple question at first but with COE being new in so many ways the normal considerations for picking a starting location become even more inportant.

so you started at the good spot of chooseing a server. i can say with some authority here that NA-W is so far the only server in the game that has been setup the way the game was orginaly designed to be with 6 single kingdoms all on somewhat equal footings.

so personal if i was in your boots able to choose between the 2 i would still go NA-W as it would be the most likly to be what the devs wanted me to exprence.

like others said the NA-E server will have so many players that i feel they will have the more problams that come with that. (server over pop, rampant murder & greifing and alot more that comes with larger numbers of people) where NA-W will i think be more in the goldilocks zone not too many yet not to few.

i also find that the people on NA-W tend to be a little more down to earth types thats not to say i know every one on NA-W but the repsentation of people from NA-W i have met have been good.

so once you solve your server selection choice you suddenly come to the next one which u are now checking into what kindom do i want to live in...

this is a inportant one as each of the kingdoms in NA-W are quite diffrent. i would go into details about the kingdom but i feel there kingdom posts in the domains forum for this server forum speak better then i could.

and realy i only know alot about blackheart and Ashalands as those were the ones i interviewed when i made my choice.

but it dose not end there. because u then need to work out where in the kingdom you will live. are you gonna be in the capital or maybe you will be in one of the outlying duchies and or counties.

based on ur comments i dont see u wanting to join a boarder garrison baronry hehehee.

another thing to consider is tribes. some tribes kingdoms will have some very qurky traits that will effect your game play even if you dont play that tribe (ie in kypiq kingdom and ur a naren choping down a tree... your people the narens have no issues with treep chopping but kypiq choping a tree down is almost equal to treason... it is the highest taboo.

sadly none can tell u what tribe they will be till domain selection.

that being said it is better to be with a group you can be around and take the hit on what tribe they get stuck with then to go looking for a tribe and be stuck with people u realy dont want to play with.

also if ur intrested in possably runing a School hit me up i still have yet to have any one apply to my head masters position. click on the link if ur intrested.

any way i do hope you can join us over on NA-W and one again welcome to COE and the ride of your life

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/19/2017 4:26:01 AM #7

Posted By Murray13 at

Hello All!

So I have been perusing the forums for both NA E and W trying to decide which server to call home. While I can see there are already large communities of players being established, it is hard to get a handle on what everyone's like. So I decided to try posting this and see what everyone has to say!

I am most interested in joining a server that will have a kingdom which has allocated a great deal of resources towards higher learning. More specifically for Alchemists and potential mages(if lucky enough to have the gift).

Most importantly, I want to find a group of players that like to joke around and have fun on discord and in game and don't take it too seriously. No offense to RP players, it's just not my thing. People that don't need safe spaces or get upset because someone says a bad word. We can talk about beer, guns, cars, beards, motorcycles, MERICA and whatever else we want! If there is a group of fellow Texans out there that would be a plus!

I am considering pledging based on a position where I could be of use within that community. So the purpose of this post is NOT a competition. It is to see which server has a group of individuals with like interests as me and see where I best fit. I just want to spark some conversation and introduce myself and decide from there.

Well, Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting yall!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18157/county-of-valyaeia

Ser Aeson Holf - Duke of Cereus, Duke-Consort of Fioralba

"For every nobleman that doesn't believe in min-maxing, there's a future nobleman underneath them that does."

7/19/2017 4:32:23 AM #8

Hello, Murray13.

I recommend checking out all the Kingdom Discords on both servers, there are so many sub-communities within them that it can be very overwhelming to look in all of them. Pop in, strike a conversation in them and see if they mesh well with you.

Here's a link to a document containing all the current Kingdoms on Angelica (NA-West) and Luna (NA-East). Link.

7/19/2017 12:57:53 PM #9

Thanks for the input Mandrake I will come and talk with you as soon as I have some time. I am actually surprised by how many replies I have gotten already and I don't want to rush and make any rash decisions so I do intend to make the rounds to the different discords and talk with everyone as I have time.

Xeyska yes it is very overwhelming but I guess that is a good thing it means the game will have a very diverse community of people which should make it all the more dynamic. I appreciate the link I will check it out!

7/21/2017 3:37:08 AM #10

Hello, Murray. Please listen to this topic before you go.

The Kingdom Of Kairos is a economy driven kingdom that hopes to provide a good enviorement for merchants etc.

Its your choice who to join, but please consider joining us. We have a registration form to become Baron, Duke, Mayor, Etc.

Thank you.

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

9/1/2017 7:07:37 PM #11

I prefer to keep my ass west of the Mississippi. Since I'm in Oklahoma anyway, I went with the West server. Now I just need to find me a kingdom. Anyone need a Mason? I have a donkey.

9/2/2017 4:43:32 AM #12

I'm looking at being a Blacksmith and leaning towards west, though east may have a better ping

Friend Code BCACD5
Rygor

9/28/2017 2:56:27 AM #13

Well met Murray!

As a member of NA-W through the Blackheart Kingdom I suggest you check out all Kingdoms and see where you feel you best fit in. Though we'd love to have you as part of Blackheart we also want you to enjoy where you're playing and in a community you enjoy also! Any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Semper Fidelis |Friend Code: 579D63|

10/7/2017 10:01:26 PM #14

Hi Murray,

I got into the game a month after you and found a nice drama-free bunch in the kingdom of Valyria. My King is in Chicago and I am in Omaha, Nebraska. I am a count and doesn't matter what you want to do in our area...just play and have a good time. If you choose to join my county, I operate under one rule alone personally...don't be a dick.

Other than that, I encourage you to get into discord and make some friends from all areas no matter the server or level a person pledges...figure what you want to do and go gung-ho to make the experience the best for you. If you want any future support or just a fellow player to bs with, hit me up.

Although i'm not from Texas, I lived there for a couple years and also went to my basic training and tech school there in San Antonio and Wichita Falls...good times.

12/20/2017 11:29:49 PM #15

Posted By Murray13 at

I like the way you think Murray!