COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
combat controls.

I have been following since the kickstarter, not intensely since it was soooo long away! But now that it is getting closer to the release date, I am becoming more and more curious. The combat system is new, skill based, etc cool. How does it work? Is it going to be like black desert and basically a fighting game type of controls or what exactly? I have looked over the newsletters, some interviews, and of course the kickstarter video with my question not being answered.

7/20/2017 6:22:21 AM #1

Combat is still being iterated on.

You might find examples of CoE combat from pax and elsewhere, but they have stated they plan on making major changes to it.

7/20/2017 3:49:40 PM #2

Just a tidbit of "advice". Please don't delude yourself by saying things like "now that it is getting closer to the release date".

While technically true, we are still so far from the actual launch date that it doesn't even really bear thinking about.

Imgur

7/20/2017 4:14:03 PM #3

I hope the combat system will be like Mount and Blades is.

IMO,

Best medieval combat system to date.

Friend Code: 92BF2D

7/20/2017 4:14:25 PM #4

Posted By Marovec at 11:49 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Just a tidbit of "advice". Please don't delude yourself by saying things like "now that it is getting closer to the release date".

While technically true, we are still so far from the actual launch date that it doesn't even really bear thinking about.

Agreed . It will at least be more than a year from now for FULL release if that's what he means . Full release meaning 1.0 (after alpha , after beta) . But that's my guess - and I assume I'll gather up at least 2 dislikes for that observation, but early access games , although faster than most closed alphas , can still take quite some time . Look at rust , dayz , etc etc with open worlds , they aren't even MMOs yet they are going on almost 4 years without coming out of ALPHA .

7/21/2017 12:48:03 AM #5

Posted By Grapefruitkush at 6:14 PM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Posted By Marovec at 11:49 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

Agreed . It will at least be more than a year from now for FULL release if that's what he means . Full release meaning 1.0 (after alpha , after beta) . But that's my guess - and I assume I'll gather up at least 2 dislikes for that observation, but early access games , although faster than most closed alphas , can still take quite some time . Look at rust , dayz , etc etc with open worlds , they aren't even MMOs yet they are going on almost 4 years without coming out of ALPHA .

I don't think CoE could go more than one year on alphas because of its dependence on the comunity. Adventurers don't have access to alpha and they're expected to be the gatherers, fighters and an important part to the in game social hierarchy. But, yeah, I get your point, we shouldn't expect alpha to be shorter then a few months

7/21/2017 10:22:23 AM #6

Posted By Dumont at 02:14 AM - Fri Jul 21 2017

I hope the combat system will be like Mount and Blades is.

IMO,

Best medieval combat system to date.

Not having played Mount & Blade, is this akin to LiF where the mouse movement and direction determines the type of stroke delivered?

The attention span of a computer is only as long as its extension cord...(Friend Code: 9D26A7)