COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Release date, speculation

So most of us know the said release date of December 2017, however, this is a statement from before the Kickstarter and according to a rough development timeline I've found it seems there's going to be 12 - 15 months between the launch of the pre-alpha experiences and the beginning of Exposition which is as far as i can gather a three month period before launch. Which means the projected launch is probably closer to mid 2018 or later. Any thoughts on the matter from someone more optimistic perhaps?

Kind regards, Ekiros

Sources: Exposition: http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Exposition Development timeline: http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Development_Timeline

7/22/2017 10:19:06 PM #1

Late 2018 to early-mid 2019 is my guess. If what you said about the 12-15 month thing is true, and assuming the MUD is on the horizon as well. Then the whole year of 2018 will be nothing but Pre-Alpha and stress tests of Alpha and Beta. Which would be fine with me honestly.

But in my opinion, 2019 is the safest best.

7/22/2017 11:39:24 PM #2

just from watching development since kickstarter, my guess(though i think not very educated,) is this winter or the following spring for alpha testing to start. exposition, maybe late 2018. followed by launch in early 2019(mid to late 2019 at the latest.) this is my hopeful guess.

that would mean alpha starting within a year and release in approximately 2 years.

i'm sort of expecting testing to take a long time, because hopefully they won't settle to release a game with too many bugs or bugs that are too troublesome. bug squishing could take an unpredictable amount of time, as far as i know.

archer, tamer, survivalist, monster hunter, protector of the weak || duchy of aravier, kingdom of alésia, « næ

7/22/2017 11:46:45 PM #3

2019-20 for live launch. We still need one year of testing as planned + 3 months of expo before live and we don't even have the new site, KoE/MuD, server lock or domain selection that need to take place before those required 15months.

So the live game is 15months + Time spent developing the mentioned things away. Not to mention part of having the pre-alpha stuff is to test the alpha features ahead of time so you have to then also put a time gap between those and the 15month test/expo phases. That's all with no delays, changes or issues :(

I don't know anymore.

7/22/2017 11:47:59 PM #4

Dont take any talk about Release too much to heart though. Remember, there will be other experiences for this game to have before Release happens.

Your first chance to see the game will likely be The Prologue, unless that has changed.

7/22/2017 11:55:41 PM #5

I'd say full release for version 1.0 is a whopping 2-3 years away - but at least alpha will be rather soon (I'm hoping by October - December 2017) and those of us that can play will have a long , strange but awesome trip through early access alpha !

I don't like it either but longer timelines on such massive projects = more realistic outcomes , and ones that we will be pleased to play , instead of disappointed .

7/22/2017 11:55:53 PM #6

I personally don't agree with any of these timelines you guys are expressing. I think the game is wonderful but games like this take time. All the beautiful vistas need to be hand drawn and mechanics put in place before testing.

I do see us getting the Prologue in 2018 but in terms of a playable Alpha-1 for the kickstarter backers...I am highly skeptical. I see Alpha-1 starting sometime in 2019 and that with beta taking at least 2 years. Exposition is about 4 years away. Anything sooner is being hopeful no issues occur and the game is rushed.

Count Pledge

7/22/2017 11:58:19 PM #7

Posted By Sleep at 7:39 PM - Sat Jul 22 2017

just from watching development since kickstarter, my guess(though i think not very educated,) is this winter or the following spring for alpha testing to start. exposition, maybe late 2018. followed by launch in early 2019(mid to late 2019 at the latest.) this is my hopeful guess.

that would mean alpha starting within a year and release in approximately 2 years.

i'm sort of expecting testing to take a long time, because hopefully they won't settle to release a game with too many bugs or bugs that are too troublesome. bug squishing could take an unpredictable amount of time, as far as i know.

Exposition is already the actual game...so you think Exposition will be in late 2018? We're already approaching August of 2017...doubtful. :)

Count Pledge

7/23/2017 12:02:42 AM #8

I would suggest to folks to at least wait for the SoE before making any attempts to ascertain how far along this game is right now and how much longer it will take.

7/23/2017 12:42:54 AM #9

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 8:02 PM - Sat Jul 22 2017

I would suggest to folks to at least wait for the SoE before making any attempts to ascertain how far along this game is right now and how much longer it will take.

I agree waiting on SoE at the moment to see where we are at, hoping we get a good progress report of what will be done up to exposition. I don't need dates, just a checklist of what has been done and what is remaining. (I picture a timeline or ladder system of what is left to complete.)

Hoping the SoE is announced later this next week after tribes is wrapped up.

7/23/2017 3:41:29 AM #10

Posted By Iccubus at 8:42 PM - Sat Jul 22 2017

I agree waiting on SoE at the moment to see where we are at, hoping we get a good progress report of what will be done up to exposition. I don't need dates, just a checklist of what has been done and what is remaining. (I picture a timeline or ladder system of what is left to complete.)

What has been done and what is remaining? That has already been released by Caspian. You can see the list here:

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Development_Timeline

Lots of items on that list Website 3.0 is next on the list...should be 4 years until release

Count Pledge

7/23/2017 3:42:03 AM #11

Hopefully SoE soon.

Count Pledge

7/23/2017 4:53:13 AM #12

Posted By BaronMagisto at 8:41 PM - Sat Jul 22 2017

Posted By Iccubus at 8:42 PM - Sat Jul 22 2017

What has been done and what is remaining? That has already been released by Caspian. You can see the list here:

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Development_Timeline

Lots of items on that list Website 3.0 is next on the list...should be 4 years until release

You are acting as if there is a long period of time between each and every line in that listing.

7/23/2017 5:06:36 AM #13

hmm it is truly hard to tell there true progress so it could be further head of our esterments or behind.

but the words we are hearing on some of the time saving things they are doing dose get me hopfuly we could be seeing this game come to expo a little faster then we are expecting.

i think the unity engine and spartial OS with both made for big improvments on the speed they can get this out.

the fact they can get a number of assets already made and just do a litle moding to make them feel more eylrian is exciting as well.

we also are reduceing there work load by writing the history of the servers for them creating the kingdoms and setuping up the world come expo so truly they just need to constrate on machanics and filling the world with vieable eco systems and perfecting the AI.

ofcause there is the animation for combat styles and a few other thing but what is cool is they are also doing alot of the standard aplhas and beta testing in the EMUD. so why we play making the server worlds histories we are also providing good data testing for the spartal OS/ unity interrogation and testing loads.

so truly all the signs are positive but no one but SBS truly knows how far behind or how far in advance of schedule they are currently.

personally i like to think they are roughly on schedule. but yes december this year ant happening...

maybe we might be in aplha by then but i cant say for sure.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

7/23/2017 5:57:55 AM #14

A thread that ask people to guess. To watch half the people get downvoted. Of course there is no point to guessing. May as well try to guess the lottery numbers.

7/23/2017 6:33:03 AM #15

Ha! I laugh in the face of your silly downvotes.

But seriously my hope is same as DoctorFaust, late 2018 to mid 2019 for exposition.

The Dev updates we've been getting show they are working smart, doing more with less with things like procedural generation.

Where I think they may have shot themselves in the foot is with tribes and the sheer number of biomes. That's 8x the assets needed for clothing, armour and architecture. Biomes need varied assets for flora and fauna.

But if anyone can pull it off, I think this is the team to do it.

Friend & Conquest Code: 6B3A23