COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Anthropologic Research

Hi,

one role I really think would fit me is being something like a monch in some old monastery. I really hope that we can somehow do some kind of anthropologic research which actually leads to some power.

E.g. from what I know there will be ruins from older generations. I'd love to see some runes in them which we could try to decipher. (I'd love to just decipher it, like in the real world and then just manually translate it and read it etc.) By reading them, we might get some knowledge which might give you power. E.g. the runes might tell you what prayer you have to pray when a given star constelation is given to get some rain.

Of course, they shouldn't tell us if this is ingame, but I really hope that there is some knowledge we can research which isn't "Technology" and "Social Life/Politics".

Did they ever mentoin anything? Would you like such a thing?

Friend Code: A1A1E8

7/23/2017 3:21:27 PM #1

Hi there - I'm actually a pledged mayor who willing be working directly with my Duke in order to build a monastic community during Exposition. We'd be running roughly off of the Rule of St. Benedict, and ideally would be centered around service to the poor and producing a singular product to help support ourselves (such as, famously, Trappist ale).

I do hope ruins and such will be in the game as well - it would be incredible to find the burial site of an old king, or some such.

Nec Timo, Nec Sperno

7/23/2017 4:11:26 PM #2

If you plan such things on the EU server, it would be interesting for me

House Pyrros

7/23/2017 11:46:58 PM #3

I'm no going to do anything until I played alpha/beta. I like to keep everything open as long as possible.

Friend Code: A1A1E8

7/24/2017 7:20:32 AM #4

Even if nothing quite as useful as a rain-prayer, you could probably find great lore, and teach/sell that lore to bards and the like. Ancient weapons might also pose interest to the nobles (imagine a king who has the alleged spear of a god, hmm?) , then of course ruins could provide books full of information on the biome, be it farming or gathering techniques, as well as fables of long lost treasures, potions, or even or rare alchemical ingredients, all of which would be quite profitable.

kypiq

7/24/2017 7:30:21 AM #5

Posted By Chloet at 9:20 PM - Sun Jul 23 2017

Even if nothing quite as useful as a rain-prayer, you could probably find great lore, and teach/sell that lore to bards and the like. Ancient weapons might also pose interest to the nobles (imagine a king who has the alleged spear of a god, hmm?) , then of course ruins could provide books full of information on the biome, be it farming or gathering techniques, as well as fables of long lost treasures, potions, or even or rare alchemical ingredients, all of which would be quite profitable.

I never thought about it but rare resources would be a great hidden secret. Just hope someone doesn't stumble upon it by accident before you find it since resources are finite.

UDL