COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Influence and Token questions

What exactly is the way you gain Influence? I know that so far you can recruit other players by giving them your recruitment code and by purchasing the game. But, are there other ways? Does it depend on how many time you post in the forums or something? Secondly, what are the guild and other tokens good for?

Join the growing network of The Elysian Endeavor! https://discord.gg/nyKJtGT

8/6/2017 6:24:04 AM #1

The main source for gaining influence is spending money on the store and you get 10 influence for every dollar spent. Contributing to the community (creating videos, writing to the Wiki, making impressive fan art, etc.) should give you some influence too but so far that has been extremely rare. You can read more about influence on Wiki.

Guild and Villager tokens are for showing support for guilds and towns. You can buy and gift those to the leaders of guilds and towns and they will gain some benefits from them. Villager tokens increase the town population by 1, increase notoriety and after 3-5 tokens add a parcel of land to the town. Guild tokens increase notoriety, give research points or resources and for every 15 tokens the guild gets an additional building or an add-on for a building.

8/6/2017 6:25:59 AM #2

Oh wows that's really cool. Thank you for the info. I'll look into those.

Join the growing network of The Elysian Endeavor! https://discord.gg/nyKJtGT

8/7/2017 8:19:22 AM #3

just to add to rofus explain.

i have recently spoken to some mods and staff regarding influence awards for contributions.

what has been advised to me is the following.

They are tracking this stuff and have a database for it but at this stage there is no way to award it to a account other then doing alot of manual stuff on back end.

the hope is after V3 and some further refining the system this stuff may start to filter thru.

but i would not expect anything major till after KOE+EMUD starts personally. as i feel thats their main driving point for when they want to start awarding it for actions done in Mud.

also there is the bug reports method of gaining IP as well. but i am sure when they get closer to actually awarding IP they will give us a updated criteria.

the question is how much ip they award. i would be worried if they awarded to much IP for any one action as it could cause some concern one part of the community or another.

always gets tricky when it comes to rewarding people as every one wants to be rewarded and if 1 gets rewarded over another Jealousy will just go nuts.

and we are human so it is just gonna happen hahaha

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

8/10/2017 8:32:50 PM #4

Posted By Rofus at 01:24 AM - Sun Aug 06 2017

The main source for gaining influence is spending money on the store and you get 10 influence for every dollar spent. Contributing to the community (creating videos, writing to the Wiki, making impressive fan art, etc.) should give you some influence too but so far that has been extremely rare. You can read more about influence on Wiki.

Guild and Villager tokens are for showing support for guilds and towns. You can buy and gift those to the leaders of guilds and towns and they will gain some benefits from them. Villager tokens increase the town population by 1, increase notoriety and after 3-5 tokens add a parcel of land to the town. Guild tokens increase notoriety, give research points or resources and for every 15 tokens the guild gets an additional building or an add-on for a building.

It's funny, because I wanted to share some art, but I can not because I do not have enough influence to share links (links to show my COE fan art)

8/10/2017 9:01:20 PM #5

Posted By Amlaith at 1:32 PM - Thu Aug 10 2017

Posted By Rofus at 01:24 AM - Sun Aug 06 2017

It's funny, because I wanted to share some art, but I can not because I do not have enough influence to share links (links to show my COE fan art)

You can still submit it to our Community Outreach team via this Spotlight form!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

8/10/2017 9:49:35 PM #6

The town pop goes up? I don't understand. I thought there was no spawning?

House BloodBeard - Kill the boy, let the man be born

~~All Hail the Lord of Fire~~

8/10/2017 10:38:26 PM #7

Posted By CptBloodBeard at 4:49 PM - Thu Aug 10 2017

Tokens will probably go away along with ep. things will be spawning in up until the actual launch of the game.

8/11/2017 12:04:25 AM #8

Posted By Steevo at 3:38 PM - Thu Aug 10 2017

Posted By CptBloodBeard at 4:49 PM - Thu Aug 10 2017

Tokens will probably go away along with ep. things will be spawning in up until the actual launch of the game.

Yes, the tokens will be spent just before actual exposition, as i understand.
More info on exactly how world generation and exposition work, mechanically, is something im very interested in (but have little hope of seeing until later.