COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Introducing...the Soul Chamber!

Hello Elyria!

As our community grows we regularly audit the efficiency of our various platforms, and at times make improvements when and where needed. Since the community has grown, our chat rooms often become quite busy, and when Caspian or other members of the team join, the comments can come at a rapid pace!

With that in mind, and the other reasons mentioned below, we've decided to launch a new Discord room on our official server: Soul Chamber.

Soul Chamber

#soul-chamber is a new room that will be used exclusively for chats with Caspian and the other developers. When a Developer is not actively using the room, it will be locked to new messages.

Please note: this will not supersede or replace any existing Q&As or promised developer chats.

We made this decision for the following reasons and more:

• It organizes all impromptu Q&A and other CoE discussions with our team into one place
  • Allows the content to be free from unrelated messages in between sessions
  • Assists in not disrupting other conversations underway in existing rooms
  • Gives us an ability to "host" special events in the room, from time to time
  • Helps developers (read Caspian) avoid the Outreach team chasing after them (him) with nerf guns for disrupting our on-topic discussions
  • Provides for easier summation and dissemination of information to the forums at a later date - if desired

So with that in mind, be on the lookout, and maybe the next time you are hanging out in Discord the Soul Chamber will light up and you can join in on the storytelling and merriment!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

8/12/2017 12:38:32 AM #1

Cool, screencapping discord responses felt like a really clunky way of recording inflammation.

Count Einzbern of Aichhalt.

Kingdom of Ashland.

Duchy of Sanctaphandri.

Seated in Darmindatch.

8/12/2017 12:47:46 AM #2

Great! This will make it way easier to track dev discussions on Discord. So far it has been pretty annoying to look for these conversations amongst the thousands of daily messages even with Discord's search function.

8/12/2017 12:51:35 AM #3

Does this mean Caspian Story Time is back? :D

8/12/2017 12:56:41 AM #4

Posted By Imshada at 5:51 PM - Fri Aug 11 2017

Maybe....

8/12/2017 4:22:27 AM #5

meh... there is not much going on that needs to be communicated IMO.

The month or so before when we had the anniversary that was big news, and tons of new players and such..

8/12/2017 6:09:12 AM #6

Posted By Caspian at 01:56 AM - Sat Aug 12 2017

Maybe....

I am looking forward to it :)

8/12/2017 1:39:48 PM #7

Posted By Caspian at 8:56 PM - Fri Aug 11 2017

Maybe....

That would be fun.

Governor of Fararo, In service to Duchess Hela and Duke Nimb Zephyr of The Anemoi and their TRM King Evelake Rhyne and Queen Lagertha Rhyne of Vornair. Join the Dance of Destiny because 'Winter is Coming.' Friend code: 3F53D0

8/12/2017 1:54:32 PM #8

Thank you! It is often difficult to sift through for the devs messages and that's my favorite part of the official discord.

Shieldwall Strong!

8/12/2017 7:18:10 PM #9

There was silence in the library, a silence born of anticipation and a sense of awe. The figure in the center was known by many names, the Reader, the Chronicler or the Sage to name a few. Standing behind a lectern, a heavy bound tome in front of him he stood, a figure of legend, of myth.

He seemed unimpressed by the countless rows of shelves, filled with scrolls and books of learning, of art and industry, as if the collective knowledge of a nation was nothing but a child’s scribbling to his eyes. His dark robes seemed to suck in the lantern light and the hands that gripped the lectern were hard and calloused.

It was said that he appeared every generation or so, travelling the lands to impart wisdom and knowledge, an ageless immortal, shrouded in mystery, his face always unseen and his voice possessing the weight of eons past. Or maybe it was a different mann; maybe it was a title that passed from generation to generation.

None could say of those assembled, for they had not seen him before and the cowl enshrouded his face in shadow so they knew not his face.

Then the whispers began as people grew impatient. Who was this mann? What right did he have to keep us waiting?

The crowd grew slowly as more and more people joined. The Great Library housed an innumerable collection, a vast treasure trove and yet it rarely saw an assemblage of such magnitude.

So great was the impact of the Reader’s presence, the curiosity that drove people to see the spectacle and slake the thirst for knowledge that they had.

The whispers grew into a roar, as people bickered and speculated, argued and obfuscated. Yet still the Reader said naught and the crowd continued to grow.

The air of discord rose to a pitch, like a storm’s gale and just as it appeared to burst and the air to catch flame the Reader raised his hands. Instantly that motion drew all eyes to him.

“Let me tell you a story.” He said his voice barely above a whisper. The crowd stopped, their gazes drawn to him, a thirst for knowledge awakened.

There was silence in the library as the Reader spoke.

8/12/2017 7:20:20 PM #10

Incredible, thank you Scylurus for posting this here, so well written and it gave me goosebumps!

I like to listen to this as I read your story, so exciting!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

8/12/2017 7:45:06 PM #11

Posted By Scylurus at 12:18 PM - Sat Aug 12 2017

The air of discord rose to a pitch, like a storm’s gale and just as it appeared to burst and the air to catch flame the Reader raised his hands. Instantly that motion drew all eyes to him.

I see what you did there...

8/12/2017 8:41:43 PM #12

Pleae tell me this is the start of something more!

8/13/2017 11:13:30 AM #13

Posted By Scylurus at 05:18 AM - Sun Aug 13 2017

It was said that he appeared every generation or so, travelling the lands to impart wisdom and knowledge

“Let me tell you a story.” He said his voice barely above a whisper. The crowd stopped, their gazes drawn to him, a thirst for knowledge awakened.

Reminds me of Hari Seldon

The attention span of a computer is only as long as its extension cord...(Friend Code: 9D26A7)

8/15/2017 6:44:44 PM #14

Oh. My. Glob.

You are genius.

THANK YOU for this new room!!

8/25/2017 2:36:45 PM #15

I think this is a great idea, although I'm worried about the time difference (UK) which means I may never be able to join in

Love the way you are interacting with the community, been watching this game for a while and only signed up recently