COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
One thing about the Neran Saddle model that is nagging me

When a rider isn't riding a horse that is tacked up the stirrups should be pulled up and fastened to ensure they don't rattle; I know it's not a major addition but it would be cool if you are not in a fighting stance to see your character pull up the stirrups and tie them, it would be a nice point of detail that will show the devs have thought of everything.

So I took the effort today when I went riding to take a picture to show what I am talking about!

If required I can look at the eventual mounting animations to see if they are sound or not.

Kind Regards

Horse Lord

12/22/2017 10:04:50 PM #1

That's an interesting point, and not something I recall ever seeing handled in an MMO. I admit that the "sim all the things!" designer in me wants the stirrups to be manually adjustable now, with penalties to the noise being made, your relationship with your horse and your ability to command your mount when you ride, if you don't adjust them properly.

I'm not saying we're going to do that, mind you, but I am definitely feeling the impulse to do so. ;)

• Snipehunter
12/22/2017 10:11:44 PM #2

Posted By Snipehunter at 10:04 PM - Fri Dec 22 2017

That's an interesting point, and not something I recall ever seeing handled in an MMO. I admit that the "sim all the things!" designer in me wants the stirrups to be manually adjustable now, with penalties to the noise being made, your relationship with your horse and your ability to command your mount when you ride, if you don't adjust them properly.

I'm not saying we're going to do that, mind you, but I am definitely feeling the impulse to do so. ;)

Thanks man, that is awesome, I've ridden horses with the stirrups far to short for dressage and it impacted the performance and vice versa for show jumping!

12/22/2017 11:56:58 PM #3

It seems like a neat Idea, but that would really only be beneficial in show horse jumping and the like. As far as everyday use it's not really a priority that I am aware of in drives or everyday work. I'm curious to know where you think it stems from if not just for shows though? Maybe its a particular tradition in your region or something for showmanship? Regardless neat, ok. But I'd rather them work on other stuff for the time being. OH! perhaps you could have shows later on and implement a specific saddle that would be required to participate, or something like that instead.

12/23/2017 1:19:45 AM #4

I mean isn't there a suggested mechanic for fitted armor? Why not a fitted Saddle?

12/23/2017 6:00:54 AM #5

I could see if SBS was ahead of schedule and had excess resources to do all the horsey things you want...sure. But I'm guessing 99% of the people out there would never even know the difference, or even care. We're already behind schedule and I'd just rather have a working version of the game than worry about every little horse detail being perfectly accurate.

12/23/2017 6:05:32 AM #6

As an "alternate skin" for the saddle between riding and not riding, maybe. Other than that having an action and an animation tied to this seems really unnecessary. As Lambtron pointed out, there are way more important things to be worked on right now. Whether or not your stirrups are tied up is low importance busywork compared to movement animation, player interaction, crafting animation, clothing development, etc etc etc.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

12/23/2017 8:00:49 AM #7

Posted By Shadowfaux at 11:56 PM - Fri Dec 22 2017

It seems like a neat Idea, but that would really only be beneficial in show horse jumping and the like. As far as everyday use it's not really a priority that I am aware of in drives or everyday work. I'm curious to know where you think it stems from if not just for shows though? Maybe its a particular tradition in your region or something for showmanship? Regardless neat, ok. But I'd rather them work on other stuff for the time being. OH! perhaps you could have shows later on and implement a specific saddle that would be required to participate, or something like that instead.

It could effect the noise the horse makes as it moves, reduce wear and tear of the kit etc

12/23/2017 4:07:12 PM #8

"nagging me" - on a post about horse saddles.

Excellent work, sir.

12/24/2017 11:31:59 AM #9

Posted By mojomonkey at 4:07 PM - Sat Dec 23 2017

"nagging me" - on a post about horse saddles.

Excellent work, sir.

Thank you, glad someone noticed it :D