COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Possible Tribe Attribute Distro based on write-ups

Note: I put this together after going through all the tribe write-ups some time ago.

The table shows the Nine character attributes and a best guess for each of the eight launch tribes on a simple relative scale of 1 to 5. Nerans being the base tribe get average for all attributes, i.e. 3; the seven others get a few extra points to their total for balance.

Imgur

While this is just a thought exercise some few things may be taken from it. Enjoy!

Thoughts on the relative values? Does this line up with what you thought for your favorite?

Imgur

2/11/2018 9:43:23 PM #1

Neat, this a good chart, very clean, easy to read. Nice work!

Count of Raberre's Rest

2/12/2018 1:20:53 AM #2

I'd hope the Neran would be shored up in some way, being three points short of everyone else.

2/12/2018 1:32:42 AM #3

Posted By Kinsaeda at 7:20 PM - Sun Feb 11 2018

I'd hope the Neran would be shored up in some way, being three points short of everyone else.

You mean like a boost to all skill experience at low ranks?

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

2/12/2018 1:51:10 AM #4

I love this kind of thing, thanks for putting it together.

Referral Code: 912EC9

2/12/2018 4:05:00 AM #5

Posted By Count_Emiya at 8:32 PM - Sun Feb 11 2018

Posted By Kinsaeda at 7:20 PM - Sun Feb 11 2018

You mean like a boost to all skill experience at low ranks?

Possibly, as long as something like that would be a boost to skills, not a boost to learning new skills. The former has more impact over the life of the character, the latter is one and done once you learn a skill.

2/12/2018 4:10:42 AM #6

i think the to'resk have higher focus and reason though

2/12/2018 5:30:23 AM #7

I thought the Bru had strong leadership, also they should be stronger then Janoa. Dras are the swamp people right? I’d put them as the same stamina/Agility as Janoa just weaker. Man, you must have spent some time on this. Nice job.

Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide. ~Napoleon Bonaparte Friend Code: 27AA6C

Stalwart Proving Grounds in Boros County Duchy of The Stormlands Kingdom of Vornair Luna.

2/12/2018 5:34:22 AM #8

The chart is good. There is a slight discrepancy in that the columns do not add up to the same numbers, which would need to be true of a consistent rank order. With an average value of 3 across 8 tribes, the columns should sum to 24,

As for the comments, remember that the numbers for the various attributes are the OP's rough rank order approximations, and not attribute values as they will be in games. A 5-point scale may not have enough resolution to represent the actual values. Furthermore, there is an assumption that the Neran are average in all respects. Based on the tribe descriptions, I would probably make the Neran a little more than "average" in some respects, perhaps Focus, Persuasion, and Leadership. My guesses are based on their superior ability to learn skills, their high degree of social activity, their concern for reputation, and their presence in many kingdoms and biomes.

2/12/2018 5:40:52 AM #9

Awesome job on the chart! Big thumbs up

2/12/2018 3:52:59 PM #10

Thanks for the small kudos. And appreciate the feedback!

Imgur

2/12/2018 3:59:00 PM #11

Posted By Poldano at 9:34 PM - Sun Feb 11 2018

> >There is a slight discrepancy in that the columns do not add up to the same numbers, which would need to be true of a consistent rank order. With an average value of 3 across 8 tribes, the columns should sum to 24, >

The missing four tribes balance this somewhat e.g. Owem have "5" in stamina, Erishe "5" reason and Yoru "5" leadership (king of the north!); totally just absolute "theory crafting" with those four.

Really though for my purposes the columns were never meant to balance across the tribes.

I am exploring more relative granularity/resolution with a 1 - 9 scale ;)

Imgur

2/12/2018 4:09:56 PM #12

Thanks for this. I really love this type of theorycrafting, despite SBS's goal to thwart us min/maxers.

Alt text - can be left blank

2/12/2018 4:17:49 PM #13

Very glad to see something like this, I think it should be stickied. I do strongly think that Brudvir have higher leadership than Janoa. The Waerd are also exceptional socially, and their persuasion is definitely above average, as is their intuition I think.

"Would you like my hat?"

2/13/2018 6:52:39 AM #14

Posted By Xarkfleur at 07:59 AM - Mon Feb 12 2018

I am exploring more relative granularity/resolution with a 1 - 9 scale ;)

Sounds good.

You might try a strict rank-order using as many numbers as there are tribes (12). Then, the rank numbers can be placed as you see fit on a distribution curve, which need not be bell-shaped. You could essentially compress the middle values of rank orders in any attribute to any arbitrary value in the middle of the distribution curve's domain. For 12 ranks, this could be one tribe at an effective rank of 12, 10 tribes at 6.5 (the median of the rank distribution), and one tribe at rank 1. The respective domain values need not linearly match the ranks.

2/13/2018 6:53:47 AM #15

I suspect all the tribes will be above average, for political reasons anyway.

;-)