COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Tribal Clothing Concept: The Waerd

Good tidings, friends,

With today's Shiny, we're closing out the Tribal Clothing series. To jog your memory, you've already seen basic, commoner's clothing for all these other launch tribes:

I now bring you The Waerd. Two things of note for The Waerd:

1. A tribal advantage is that they can wear clothing meant for either gender (even when from another tribe or culture)
  2. They make no effort to appear distinct in manner or dress from one another

You might initially believe you know which one is which but, the more you think about it, the less certain you'll be

"But it's so simple!" you exclaim. "All I have to do is divine from what I know of you, Vye. Are you the sort of person who would draw stubble on the male, or the female? Now, a clever person would put the stubble onto the female, because one would know that only a great fool would make the obvious guess. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the Waerd on the left. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the Waerd on the right."

You've made your choice then?

Vye

5/25/2018 4:55:05 PM #1

I love how it looks! I am not the biggest fan of the Waerd but clothing wise I would not mind wearing it at all :)

Great shiny today! Thanks guys :)

5/25/2018 4:55:21 PM #2

They are wearing red... I would have bet that...

5/25/2018 4:55:22 PM #3

Nice and shiny!

Alt text - can be left blank

5/25/2018 4:56:11 PM #4

Looks waerd

5/25/2018 4:56:27 PM #5

Looks lovely! Shoulders might get a bit sunburnt though ;)

5/25/2018 4:56:47 PM #6

Actually really impressed with how they look

5/25/2018 4:57:48 PM #7

This looks amazing and makes me so pumped for Alpha! I can a see a clan of assassins using this trick!

Man must rise above the Earth—to the top of the atmosphere and beyond—for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.

5/25/2018 5:00:07 PM #8

pew pew pew

5/25/2018 5:12:04 PM #9

The clothes look really good but I would recommend including tailoring recipes where a kind of long collar is sewn to the hood which then hangs over the shoulders.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

5/25/2018 5:56:14 PM #10

Posted By Vye at

Not remotely. Because The Waerd comes from the semi-arid desert. As everyone knows, the semi-arid desert is entirely peopled with communists. And communists are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose The Waerd on the left. You must have suspected The Waerd's origin, so I can clearly not choose The Waerd on the right. You've beaten my Yoru, which means you're exceptionally strong. So you could have put the deadly The Waerd on the right, trusting in your strength to save you from The Waerd on the right which is closest to you. But you've also bested my To'resk. Which means you've must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that Mann is mortal. So you would have put the The Waerd that is deadly as far as possible, so I can clearly not choose The Waerd on the left. You've given everything away, I know which The Waerd is deadly! And I choose... What in the world can that be? ...
Let us choose. Me, The Waerd on the left, and you The Waerd on the right. ...
You only think I guessed wrong. That's what's so funny! I switched The Waerd when your back was turned, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in the grasslands. Only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Neran when death is on the line.
Hahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahhaa
Hahahahahahaaha
*falls over dead

5/25/2018 6:20:53 PM #11

Posted By Protey at 1:56 PM - Fri May 25 2018

Posted By Vye at

Not remotely. Because The Waerd comes from the semi-arid desert. As everyone knows, the semi-arid desert is entirely peopled with communists. And communists are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose The Waerd on the left. You must have suspected The Waerd's origin, so I can clearly not choose The Waerd on the right. You've beaten my Yoru, which means you're exceptionally strong. So you could have put the deadly The Waerd on the right, trusting in your strength to save you from The Waerd on the right which is closest to you. But you've also bested my To'resk. Which means you've must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that Mann is mortal. So you would have put the The Waerd that is deadly as far as possible, so I can clearly not choose The Waerd on the left. You've given everything away, I know which The Waerd is deadly! And I choose... What in the world can that be? ...
Let us choose. Me, The Waerd on the left, and you The Waerd on the right. ...
You only think I guessed wrong. That's what's so funny! I switched The Waerd when your back was turned, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in the grasslands. Only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Neran when death is on the line.
Hahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahhaa
Hahahahahahaaha
*falls over dead

The answer must be that both are female or both are male. Either way both are obviously equally dangerous.

Shieldwall Strong!

5/25/2018 6:51:24 PM #12

Impressed - I REALLY like their clothing.

5/25/2018 6:51:36 PM #13

I love their clothing wow great job!

Friend code: 2D42A1

5/25/2018 7:19:11 PM #14

Ha they are BOTH males!

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

5/25/2018 8:45:34 PM #15

The true answer is it doesn't matter which is male or female.

To the True Queen it is not about form but of function.

As long as they are a Waerd then they are of The Waerd.

Remember My Children What We Were Once Told: The One are Many and The Many are One.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!