COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Combat system

Hello all! As you can see, I'm new member of this comunity, and I'm looking forward to participate in innovative options this game offers. Now, about combat system; I'm aware that PVP in this game is very common, and realistic like in the real world (Medieval period). So, my question is: do we have some combos based on our skills?

“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

8/29/2018 3:30:59 PM #1

PVP is very common in the real world? where do you live? o0

I live since 31 years and never had to enter a fight. Sure, I did some fights for fun as a martial arts hobby, but saying PvP would be common irl is far from truth for anyone I know...

We dont know enough about the combat system to answer your question afaik. It sounds, like there are no actual "skills", but some kind of combos...

Friend Code: 30EF47

8/29/2018 3:32:49 PM #2

26 APR 18 D-CCR

We built the system to allow for complex combinations, conditional windows, localized strikes, reversals, ripostes and other actions, but we have a few other things to consider that a fight game doesn't necessarily so there may be a limit to how much we can reasonably push that framework as we implement each of the games fighting styles.

26 APR 18 D-CCR

We've made a few refinements and changes (you now adopt a stance that has typically 8 but up to 16 different possible moves in it that can be executed depending on conditions and position rather than just map a technique to lmb/rmb for example)

26 APR 18 D-CCR

Stances are grouped under "fighting styles" - there are lots. In the same way that a crafter might travel the world to find techniques and patterns and recipes, a dedicated martial artist will travel the world to learn the styles, and their stances, of the world to have the most possibilities at their disposal.

Can you mix and match moves from different stances to have one crazy string of moves?
26 APR 18 D-CCR

So, not implemented yet and all, but the plan is that as you grand master fighting styles you "unlock" their stances and techniques to use to build your own stances and techniques out of. To create your own personal "style" basically. But I don't honestly know that I can say that's something we'll launch with. It's kind of a bonus we want to give grand masters rather than a core feature, and we're not on an infinite schedule.

9/6/2018 5:25:51 PM #3

Posted By Gromschlog at 5:30 PM - Wed Aug 29 2018

PVP is very common in the real world? where do you live? o0

I live since 31 years and never had to enter a fight. Sure, I did some fights for fun as a martial arts hobby, but saying PvP would be common irl is far from truth for anyone I know...

We dont know enough about the combat system to answer your question afaik. It sounds, like there are no actual "skills", but some kind of combos...

In which year do you live Kinma wrote in the (Middle Ages). Where it is quite synonymous because the question is whether often was fought as it is a relative value.

This is a Google translation.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR