COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Estimated release schedule

Is there any way the staff at SBS could release a estimated release schedule for things like alpha 1,2, beta, prelyria, KOE if thats still a thing, expo, etc... I understand they dont know exact dates and thats fine, but a general idea would be awesome. My friends and family are getting less interested everyday and it would be nice to give them some good information. P.S, I am happy when they announced map voting in 2 weeks. no one i talk to even knew what that was because theyve lost interest waiting though.

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

10/8/2018 9:58:20 PM #1

Nah, it's just going to cause more salt when they miss deadlines. There's no real winning there.

It's better to do something like a progress bar, like this
https://hashpuppi.es/progress.html

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/8/2018 10:10:37 PM #2

I think it certainly would be helptul if SBS could provide an update on the timeline reported here: Development Timeline

10/9/2018 1:08:17 AM #3

I think the last I heard was that the game would release before the end of 2019, but everything from now to then was fluid.

10/9/2018 1:20:39 AM #4

Please. No more projected release dates until they are positively going to happen. They have a reputation now of always missing them and missing them by a lot. When they announce dates and miss them it does way more harm than good.

At this point even for the annoucement of map selection in 2 weeks, I am optimistically skeptical.

10/9/2018 1:35:22 AM #5

you are right, but if it would be by at least which Quarter of which year to look for, that would help a lot.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

10/9/2018 5:52:41 AM #6

Posted By Galliad at 12:35 PM - Tue Oct 09 2018

you are right, but if it would be by at least which Quarter of which year to look for, that would help a lot.

People would still complain. Like the time they did rough guesses when things would happen. People now keep bringing it up. Mostly trying to say it was deadline, which it never was.

10/9/2018 10:58:14 AM #7

Complaints about 'missing deadlines' could simply be ignored, in theory. SBS can provide a LE planning indicating when major milestones are expected to be reached, and give such a planning a regular update. And 'regular' would imply 'half-yearly' in this stage of development, imo. Strictly speaking, SBS has no obligation whatsoever to deliver at specified points in time. Their only commitment is to deliver what they managed the people who funded their efforts to expect. Those deliverables concern tangible products, without stone-carved time of delivery. Of course, they will need to manage expectations regarding the timing of their deliveries. So if they once fed those expectations, it would be wise to put a little effort in controlling them.

10/9/2018 11:00:57 AM #8

Best estimate, 1st or second quarter of 2020, at earliest. Thats allowing a fair amount of extra time on the 2019 estimate, which I don't see as realistic.

Count of Raberre's Rest

10/9/2018 2:19:26 PM #9

Posted By Galliad at 9:35 PM - Mon Oct 08 2018

I am all for the timeline and updating it like they are doing now. Sure, tell us that we just finished phase four and whats coming in phase five and where we are in phase five. Just don't apply actual dates to the completion until you know for sure the date will happen. They get into trouble when they apply actual dates to the timeline. Even if it is a quarterly date. They have missed quite a few of them as I am sure you have noticed.

@ AlteOgre. Yes the complaints can be ignored but if they start ignoring them, now you're putting even more doubt about missing the release date in peoples heads. In my opinion, missing a release date and then not explaining why it was missed is just multiplying the angst caused by the missed date. Imagine you're told that you won a trip to Hawaii on such and such a date and the tickets never show up with no explanation.

To me part of the problem is that SBS is excellent at hyping their product. Thats how they got so much money from us in the first place. So now they get us all excited for the new release and not only do they miss the release but they miss it by months. I'm looking at you VoxElyria and map selection and picking your lands. I understand shit happens but dam dudes. I have to say that took a lot of wind out of my sails for the game. What I mean is I had to take a step back from the game and these boards and Discord because the hype train was rolling along a lot faster than the actual game progress. Chrismas being postponed too many times makes me not look forward to xmas anymore. So now I am in a state where I don't allow myself to get excited about anything announced until the night before. Just my way of handling the disapointments of missed dates.

10/9/2018 3:29:56 PM #10

/sarcasm

This game sucks! They always miss their deadlines! Don't trust them! They promised blahblah 4 times already and left us hanging! Don't trust them! Stay away from this game!

10/9/2018 3:50:27 PM #11

I am old and my memory is shot, but I remember during the development of SWG there was an issue. If my memory serves me, they had some kind of accident and went to recover from backup and the backup was bad. I believe the backup of the backup was bad as well? I want to say they lost about 3 months worth of work. That caused some unexpected delays...

Maybe it was not SWG (pretty sure it was), but over the years I have watched so many games get delayed and the fanbase go up in arms when they were told dates and it did not happen. I have seen some very respected devs toss out dates to make fans happy, because they were nice devs and wanted to do us favors. Ah.... the regret afterwards. I am sure there are people on the CoE dev team who have similar memories.

I hate not knowing. I also hate being lied to. I really hate seeing devs of games I love being tossed in the grinder for trying to do us favors. :-)

10/9/2018 3:57:43 PM #12

Posted By Seyr at 11:29 AM - Tue Oct 09 2018

/sarcasm

This game sucks!- Never said that.

They always miss their deadlines!-Said it and it's true. So now we are not allowed to state the obvious?

Don't trust them!- Never said that.

They promised blahblah 4 times already and left us hanging!-Partially true. They have always come through on their promises. At least up until now. Just not when it was promised.

Don't trust them!-Repeating yourself now. Never said that.

Stay away from this game!-Never said that. Said "I am staying away" because the disappointments have taken its toll with my enthusiasm for the game. NEVER said anyone else should feel the same way.

Hey. I can't help the way I feel. I am not saying you should feel the same way and you shouldn't be saying I don't have the right to feel the way I do.

Anyone else find it strange someone with 11 posts and no rank is chastising me for having burnout? LOL. My point being I have invested far more in the game with money and time and participation. I was invited to be a mod at one time and turned it down because I didn't want to commit even more time to the game. Maybe when Seyer invests $1000+ and 1800 post to the game he might understand my feelings a little bit better. >

10/9/2018 5:02:16 PM #13

Pretty sure that wasn't directed at you Red. It was a hyperbole of how the fandom of most games behave when the game gets delayed. It's even happened here many times. That's what the /sarcasm at the start was meant to signify, that he wasn't being serious but rather doing what others end up doing.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C