COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Crafting/professions questions

Hello,

I'm new to the forums but I have been following this game since the KS(didn't have the money to back it at the time).

The most exciting thing for me about the game is largely the different, immersive take the game is going to have on the MMO genre. My favorite thing in any MMO is the professions/crafting systems.

However, I was looking at the pledge packages, addons, and other things I would consider 'focused content' where peoples priorities would seem(or are expected) to lie, and I don't see much regarding crafting/trade skills.

I do see a merchant's pack, and the Settler and Proprieter souls seem to give an air of trade and sales, but nothing really seems to focus on the role of the master craftsman, or really any kind of craftsman.

So my question is this: if I wanted to maximize my resources(both IRL finances and in game time and currency) towards the goal of mastering crafting, whether that be weapons or armor, potions, etc, and creating the best items possible, what would you guys recommend?

I was considering just buying the Pioneer Pledge and purchasing a Merchant's pack on top of that, but I don't know if this is the most efficient use of my money, and I also am not familiar with how the crafting systems are going to work during alpha/beta/release. Anyone have suggestions?

10/14/2018 6:14:08 PM #1

First, welcome to the forums.

Second, I don't think there is an exact formula for getting the most out of your money. The idea with the pledge packages is to help populate the world at launch, not to necessarily give an edge to another player, If you got access to Exposition and spent thousands of points building the perfect starting manor, you wouldn't be much better off than someone starting as a random child and inheriting their families manor (assuming they had one)

If you want to get a pledge package though and your goals are simply being a craftsman, I would suggest getting the bloodline, settler, or proprietor package, and just getting some Exposition points so you can customize your experience during Exposition.

I would not go as far as the Mayor package though because at that point your in game goals will start focusing less on crafting and more on governing. Just my personal opinion. I am kinda in the same boat as you, but I look at the Magistrate package at least twice a day just because I want Alpha 1 access.

10/14/2018 6:25:43 PM #2

Posted By Labbe at 1:14 PM - Sun Oct 14 2018

First, welcome to the forums.

Second, I don't think there is an exact formula for getting the most out of your money. The idea with the pledge packages is to help populate the world at launch, not to necessarily give an edge to another player, If you got access to Exposition and spent thousands of points building the perfect starting manor, you wouldn't be much better off than someone starting as a random child and inheriting their families manor (assuming they had one)

If you want to get a pledge package though and your goals are simply being a craftsman, I would suggest getting the bloodline, settler, or proprietor package, and just getting some Exposition points so you can customize your experience during Exposition.

I would not go as far as the Mayor package though because at that point your in game goals will start focusing less on crafting and more on governing. Just my personal opinion. I am kinda in the same boat as you, but I look at the Magistrate package at least twice a day just because I want Alpha 1 access.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I didn't even think about the exposition points. That may be the key to customizing my gameplay experience more towards what I am looking for before the game launches.

Hah, yes. The Alpha 1 access sounds lovely, but honestly I'm okay with just purchasing Alpha 2 access with my lower pledge and waiting a tad longer.

10/14/2018 7:10:17 PM #3

Welcome Kring,

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Exposition_Points

The Wiki lists possible profession kit specializations allowing you to focus on a specific tradecraft to master without the need to buy larger packages (until you're ready for them).

To maximize your efforts, team up with others in the form of a guild/school for your chosen tradecraft. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Guilds

These two simple steps gives you the in-game items needed to become a master along with a support system to build your knowledge. A guild/school will pool outside resources keeping you busy meaning you should become a master faster without spending much IRL money.

10/14/2018 7:34:28 PM #4

Posted By Kelipski at 2:10 PM - Sun Oct 14 2018

Welcome Kring,

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Exposition_Points

The Wiki lists possible profession kit specializations allowing you to focus on a specific tradecraft to master without the need to buy larger packages (until you're ready for them).

To maximize your efforts, team up with others in the form of a guild/school for your chosen tradecraft. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Guilds

These two simple steps gives you the in-game items needed to become a master along with a support system to build your knowledge. A guild/school will pool outside resources keeping you busy meaning you should become a master faster without spending much IRL money.

Thanks! This helps a ton.