COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Messaging and mailing info and stuff ingame

I've read that sending an item to a distant village won't happen instantaneously, as in placing stuff in the mail and one second later popping out hundreds of miles away.

I like the idea and I'd like to know more about it, and contribute with more ideas. Will we have to hire a shipping company that will carry our items through roads, safely enough, to our recipient in a few days? I'd also love to see messenger pigeons that carry parchments or parcels with small items.

What about important confidential messages? Will these be sent via chat or PMing?

8/27/2015 3:45:10 PM #1

All in-game means so perhaps carrier pigeons, carts, messengers etc.. 

8/27/2015 3:48:50 PM #2

Yes I believe you would have to hire guards and messengers to carry your items or words through a long distance. There will probably be some player run guilds for that.

What am I but an Ant in a universe full of giants ?

8/27/2015 3:53:59 PM #3

In game mail does not exist in the way of a normal MMO. If you want to give something to another player you have to take it to them yourself, or risk using a player run mail service. Hopefully some will start, else we will be stuck doing it ourselves! [Source] Personally I think concentrating on player interaction is a great idea and a pigeon post would detract from that (though underwater pigeons in Guild Wars 2 were the cutest thing ever!)

As for chat they have said you can only send PMs to people on your friends list, and one other group of people that have yet to be confirmed. I have racked my brain about who they might be but haven’t come up with any sensible ideas yet. However, these will be player messages using your player alias. If you want to make sure you are speaking to the correct character you will to actually go and meet them in the world as whispers will only work at close range but they will only go to one player so you can be confidential [Source].

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

8/27/2015 3:59:20 PM #4

Thank you for the sources, I knew I had read about it somewhere and no wonder I couldn't find them in the forum!

8/27/2015 4:49:57 PM #5

We know there are Player Contracts so I bet that some players can run a mailing company.

I think also that there is going to be paper were you can write on it and someone can carry this to someone else. So probably to ways to seal it so the recipient knows if it was read or not.

8/27/2015 5:34:54 PM #6

Mom, i figure that maybe the other group might be your family no?

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p795/SilDarklight/Chronicles%20of%20Elyria/Forum/Sigs/Luccheno%20600x100altzpsuev3knqe.jpg

8/27/2015 6:18:31 PM #7

Right. Sending a package is a big deal in CoE. -Miguel

\[T]/

8/27/2015 7:28:02 PM #8

Why..? I didn't...? But...? Oh! Yeah I think you are probably right there Luccheno. Thank you!

8/27/2015 8:35:39 PM #9

Confirmed. As you can't hide from your family (they always see through your disguises), and they're designed as your social support in-game, you can always send messages (in character) to your immediate family members, no matter where they are in the world.

8/27/2015 8:37:37 PM #10

How do you make sure the messages are in-character? 

8/27/2015 9:07:32 PM #11

I think by 'in character' I think Caspian means the message will come from your character name rather than player alias, rather than anything roleplay related.

8/27/2015 9:08:25 PM #12

^

8/27/2015 9:33:16 PM #13

Will there be magical movement in the game?  Teleportation would be very useful tool for a courier service lol.

8/27/2015 9:40:33 PM #14

Should we call this some kind of telepathy?

8/27/2015 9:45:48 PM #15

Will there be magical movement in the game?

You can see the apothicary for some peptol to control that.