COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
CoE Character Template

Salutations, my friends.

I have been thinking about creating a sheet for our dear characters, so that we all will remember every single detail of the person we will have control over and play as.

Me, a hardcore and loyal roleplayer, had a nice, detailed template laying around somewhere in a roleplay community I have been a part of for a long time. And I decided to adjust it so it would include CoE content, such as tribes and zodiac houses.

You are free to use this template for any purpose, but if you share it with others, please provide credits. I would really appreciate this.

You can message me or comment to get the - aesthetically pleasing and extraordinarily organised - character template document, since I cannot share URLs yet due to my influence being lower than 250. :')

If you have any suggestions for more categories, details or anything else, feel free to message me or comment.

A stray from the shadows is watching you.

11/27/2018 6:20:55 PM #1

I remember when i use to play D&D, we use to have these green basic character sheets that would list stats, saving throws, etc. Showing my age here xD.

Link for reference

11/27/2018 6:25:33 PM #2

Posted By mcurtis at 7:20 PM - Tue Nov 27 2018

I remember when i use to play D&D, we use to have these green basic character sheets that would list stats, saving throws, etc. Showing my age here xD.

WOah, those really do look old. Awesome though!

But aye, mine is wayyy more detailed, oops. Perfectionism? Nah.

11/27/2018 6:31:11 PM #3

Yeah, they have some newer ones out for sure, but that is what gaming started with :)

I am curious on if there will be an in-game character sheet of sorts? Either way, i think this might be a good idea for people to use. Thanks for sharing out to the community!

11/27/2018 7:36:14 PM #4

Posted By mcurtis at 7:31 PM - Tue Nov 27 2018

Yeah, they have some newer ones out for sure, but that is what gaming started with :)

I am curious on if there will be an in-game character sheet of sorts? Either way, i think this might be a good idea for people to use. Thanks for sharing out to the community!

Ah, I see, good old memories ;)

That would be really cool, actually! I hope there will be some kind of sheet indeed. I'm glad to hear you think it's a good idea! If you want, you can take a look at it - or even use it. Up to you!

11/27/2018 7:42:30 PM #5

It is all about immersion in one way or another and a character sheet helps with that. Feel free to PM with that sheet if you want me to put another set of eyes on it and get any feedback.

11/28/2018 1:59:29 AM #6

Posted By mcurtis at 1:20 PM - Tue Nov 27 2018

Link for reference

Smiling...

Those green babies bring back some memories...

Might even still have some of those in a box in my basement...

Good times...

Good times.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

11/28/2018 2:05:06 AM #7

Kajoreh you are showing your age :)

11/29/2018 3:49:16 PM #8

Updated: knowledges added. Also expanded the favourite list.

11/30/2018 4:26:29 PM #9

I too remember those old school character sheets... There there was the hot mess that was the AD&D character sheets that had so much info...

I'm curious to see what you've come up with, Ixchel. If you could link me, I'd appreciate it.

11/30/2018 4:46:31 PM #10

Posted By FarellionGallendil at 5:26 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

I too remember those old school character sheets... There there was the hot mess that was the AD&D character sheets that had so much info...

I'm curious to see what you've come up with, Ixchel. If you could link me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm on it! :)

12/1/2018 12:45:09 AM #11

I think what we could put on a sheet is the following:

Name:
Father's Occupation:
Mother's Race:
Father's Occupation:
Socioeconomic Class:

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

12/1/2018 4:44:43 AM #12

Posted By LukeSpyro at 5:45 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

Name:
Father's Occupation:
Mother's Race:
Father's Occupation:
Socioeconomic Class:

Man that father working two jobs while the mom just stays at home.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

12/1/2018 8:34:04 AM #13

Posted By LukeSpyro at 12/1/2018 12:45:09 AM

Name:
Father's Occupation:
Mother's Race:
Father's Occupation:
Socioeconomic Class:

Thank you! I've already put name and age into the sheet, but the other five are pretty good ideas. Will update it.

12/1/2018 8:47:12 AM #14

I can tell you now, a PROPER character sheet is more like a write up than some tags and stats.

I have pages and pages of basic information that helps me define my day to day routine as well as opportunities I can take. Youre gunna need something with a bit more depth for it to be useful

It needs that extra context that defines the character not just their statistics. Example of my character sheet introduction below:

Hrothi - Stamina Bolstering Combat Medic Centralized around supportive tactics & mechanics, this bloodline views the Stamina attribute in religious awe.

The House flag & Coat of Arms The red flag represents Vermilion blood. The Raven mixed with it's skeleton symbolises "me" and an association to death, as well as an understanding of it.

The Raven Child W.I.P. Always born in life as a foster child, given up as an act of charity by his true family and blood, the Raven Child is the families actor on the world. The child knows its objective and is alarmingly independent in adolescence, already studying books and providing for his parents. A stamina beacon falls atop the family the Raven Child is within, helping everyone stay healthier and heartier. Work is a little easier and attacks don't cause as much damage to the family.

Such a life results in the child growing up around combat, first aid, horticulture, as well as some Raven Training and work around corpses. Growing into a strange adult with mann eating ravens who help speed the decay of the corpses brought home. The chosen aesthetic is ominous and black (until the red family cloak is on). The ties to these dark and spiritual themes are closely associated with a passion for combat, healing and playing with death.

The Raven Child lurks through scenes of battle in the shadows or behind people, appearing at either a foes flank with an aggressive attack or an allies side for first aid. Despite the menacing appearance, the Raven Child is not evil. It's common for an enemy to be patched up after a fight, but lawbreakers and those mere inches away from death will find the Raven Child seeking their remains prematurely. It is said a proper burial will prevent bad spirits but often times the corpses bones are collected for later. There is no fear of bad spirits, the Raven Child grows up understanding how to fight and document such otherworldly things and uses them for training or looting.

12/1/2018 9:54:41 AM #15

Posted By Sagan at 09:47 AM - Sat Dec 01 2018

I can tell you now, a PROPER character sheet is more like a write up than some tags and stats.

I have pages and pages of basic information that helps me define my day to day routine as well as opportunities I can take. Youre gunna need something with a bit more depth for it to be useful

It needs that extra context that defines the character not just their statistics. Example of my character sheet introduction below:

Hrothi - Stamina Bolstering Combat Medic Centralized around supportive tactics & mechanics, this bloodline views the Stamina attribute in religious awe.

The House flag & Coat of Arms The red flag represents Vermilion blood. The Raven mixed with it's skeleton symbolises "me" and an association to death, as well as an understanding of it.

The Raven Child W.I.P. Always born in life as a foster child, given up as an act of charity by his true family and blood, the Raven Child is the families actor on the world. The child knows its objective and is alarmingly independent in adolescence, already studying books and providing for his parents. A stamina beacon falls atop the family the Raven Child is within, helping everyone stay healthier and heartier. Work is a little easier and attacks don't cause as much damage to the family.

Such a life results in the child growing up around combat, first aid, horticulture, as well as some Raven Training and work around corpses. Growing into a strange adult with mann eating ravens who help speed the decay of the corpses brought home. The chosen aesthetic is ominous and black (until the red family cloak is on). The ties to these dark and spiritual themes are closely associated with a passion for combat, healing and playing with death.

The Raven Child lurks through scenes of battle in the shadows or behind people, appearing at either a foes flank with an aggressive attack or an allies side for first aid. Despite the menacing appearance, the Raven Child is not evil. It's common for an enemy to be patched up after a fight, but lawbreakers and those mere inches away from death will find the Raven Child seeking their remains prematurely. It is said a proper burial will prevent bad spirits but often times the corpses bones are collected for later. There is no fear of bad spirits, the Raven Child grows up understanding how to fight and document such otherworldly things and uses them for training or looting.

Thank you very much for your criticism. I'm trying to make my sheet as advanced and accurate as I can, so I would very much appreciate it if you could help me to make my character sheet more useful than it is now. I understand your criticism and I also agree with you, so please message me if you can.

There always is room for improvement.

I would also very much like to have a look at your character sheet to see how I can improve mine, without copying, of course.

Keep in mind that the sheet I have is from a casual online roleplay community, where there are different themed roleplays, so I had to make the template as general as I could. I'm still in the process of adjusting it to the world of CoE.