COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Food and Farming

I know that if you are in a city, you will not need to eat in the traditional way as in most games. Your stats will slowly recover ect. What I was wondering is how does this affect other aspects of life and the economy?

for example, how useful are farmers if you don't need food except when u go off adventuring?

Also, in warfare, how will this affect sieges. Will the town replenishment mechanic be canceled until the siege is lifted? If so, wouldn't that put a big financial strain on the town while it constantly tries to maintain provisions. Or will it not be lifted, and take away the strongest tactic in a siege, starving your enemy until there's no one left to fight. The later could drastically change warfare, and make well defended towns nearly impossible to take

12/8/2018 7:45:44 PM #1

Beware the stock levels and supplies!

12/8/2018 7:48:46 PM #2

Your stock levels of food is based on how much food your farmers produce. If you don't have farms you don't have food thus that city will not fill up your hunger. Same goes for a settlement that hasn't built a well. You can't regain thirst if there is no water.

12/8/2018 7:54:56 PM #3

As Alteogre and LegendofStein said, you don't simply not have to eat while in a town.

The tavern is what makes this mechanic work. Your farmers produce food, and the tavern has a stockpile of food in it which goes up and down over time.

Were you at war and they trampled fields and food stopped being produced then you would slowly lose food and have to pay attention to your hunger mechanic again.

Likewise if a catapult hit the only tavern in the city, and the stockpile mechanic was wiped out you would likely have to manually get food from the farmers, although this nuance of the mechanic I don't think has been addressed. Kinda just 1+1=2 type stuff I'm doing.