COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Similarities to Adellion

First of all, I was really excited when I heard about this project earlier today! Sounds amazing, I'll definitely keep an eye for when the Kickstarter launches.

I did not see a search engine for the forums, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before. But all the features from this game sound very similar to a now defunct MMO project called Adellion. I followed the development of that game back in 2004 or thereabouts. The game itself never saw the light of the day, but there was no kickstarter back in those days either.

But it was also supposed to have a perma death / aging / family lineage system, along with crafting research propelling overall world technology level, skill based system, players running the actual kingdoms instead of NPCs, and just an overall higher level of realism as a whole.

Does anyone here remember Adellion? Any link between the two games at all?

3/3/2016 12:29:05 AM #1

I didn't know about that game. I guess there are a few old MMOs around with some similar features. I know Wurm Online has some stuff in common with CoE, but it's also pretty similar to many sandbox games around in general.

2/2/2017 4:11:30 PM #2

Rikutatis, I definately remember Adellion :)

Was lurking the forum from 2004 until the website shut down (using the same Forum name here). I see many similarities.

(I see this thread is almost a year old, but I think it deserves a revival)

You remember your Adellion Forum name?

2/2/2017 7:50:48 PM #3

No! Don't compare this game to vaporware -- this game is real!

2/5/2017 12:21:12 AM #4

@Hexprone

It might get close enough to what we are hoping for.

10/10/2018 10:49:54 PM #5

Didn't the Adellion forums, upon closing, refer people to this project? Or did some of their devs join this project? I seem to remember something about that on the old Adellion forums before the whole project was scrapped for good.

-Kash

-Kash