COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Ritualistic Sacrifice

As we clamour for DSS to arrive, imaginations have run wild. And I personally alongside some others have taken an interest in ritualistic sacrifice, but we arent sure how that will function. How will the story engine know that it is a sacrifice instead of a normal killing?

I was thinking about a special dagger that does neglegable damage in combat but can be used in a particularily long Coup De Grace that is a ritualistic sacrifice, telling the story engine that every Coup De Grace performed by that item is a sacrifice. They could be stylised either by tribe or by Qin associated.

This would allow those of us with abstract spiritual aspirstions to see them achieved, because if the story engine just sees a sacrifice as a normal execution- whats the point?

4/22/2019 8:39:39 AM #1

Don't the Waerd already have something like that?

The Waerd assassinate targets asigned by the twofold Queen in order to restore balance.

4/22/2019 8:56:11 AM #2

I mean a tool for everyone, we Janoa want in on the sacrifices too.

Those warriors trapped in the spirit plane need quarry

4/22/2019 1:02:13 PM #3

If you go to media>screenshots(sorry work computer will not let me copy links) there is a picture of a ritual chamber. Some time ago Caspain spoke about sacrifices being a thing and stated the person had to agree to the sacrifice. Most likely it will CDG them. SBS did sell an waerd assassin dagger. Religion being a big part of the game I can see them selling a dagger for scarifies too.

4/22/2019 4:01:14 PM #4

I think sacrifices are already part of the game, but the mechanics aren’t known yet.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/22/2019 6:35:38 PM #5

Good to hear, so long as they have influence in some fashion Im happy.