COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Too Funny (but still a bug) in Biomes-Profile-Set-01 Document

With domain selection upon us, some biome-related PDFs were shared with the Monarchs. Dleatherus of Bordweall in turn shared these documents with the members of his Kingdom.

In the first document, entitled Biome-Profiles-Set-01.pdf, I found this gem in the Lower Montane Forest section:

"The lower montane forest, as its namesake suggests, lies between the foothills and mid-montane altitudes - from 1400m above sea level and down to around 300m at their lowest point. Obviously made of SPIDERS, it sits well below the snowline, and often in the shadow of great peaks, so annual SPIDERfall is between 100-200cm. Comprised largely of coniferous forests interspersed with high-altitude plains, the somewhat acidic soil retains around 50% of SPIDER due to deep root systems that support underground aquifers. As a result, there are a variety of tree types, flowering or berry-producing shrubs, and grasses that attract a good amount of small and large game, and their natural predators. Settlements tend to be near mountain SPIDER streams and lakes of SPIDER, as SPIDER access is important for both industry and mobility."

Note that I have used ALL CAPS and italics to call out all of the SPIDER references in order to make them easier to see.

I laughed so hard when I first read this that I had tears coming out of my eyes, though of course this seems to be a case of find and replace run amok. There were also several SPIDER references in the other sections of this document, but I did not observe any spider references in the Set-02 document. We only received the Set-01 and Set-02 documents, though we noted that none of the biomes for the Kingdom of Bordweall (Kingdom 5 on the Luna server) were present in either document. So the SPIDERS might still be running amok in those documents!

Bordweall blames Vye (the queen of spiders) for this, though, all in all, we are rather glad to NOT be in the lower montane forest with it's spidery forest and annual spiderfall.

Enjoy!

Dras healer in service to Kingdom of Bordweall (NA-E) || Duchy of Bloodbole

5/10/2019 12:59:37 AM #16

Maybe he/she has a bad day.

Alt text - can be left blank

5/10/2019 9:25:56 AM #17

It's not the joke, I find vye's comments mildly amusing.

It's the way serp wrote his forum post, as I have said these forums are open to the public, forum posts lack any sort of emotion if you write it with just text.

So a new comer to this site will see one team member blaming another team member.

So the way to write the post so it can't be misinterpreted.

"Vye wrote it 😂" Shows it was a joke in one easy way.

"We made a mistake" Admits the company made a mistake.

This stems not from me having a bad day its from seeing the company get so much bad press due to comments like this.

"But regardless, I can only report what my team tells me."

I couldn't find the rest that was commented on but the criticism I have seen states that the blame should be taken by the team as a whole.

Look I have lots of respect for the team, I know they work hard and it really annoys me to see all that hard work destroyed by silly ambiguous comments.

Also everyone here down voting and insulting me (or anyone else who criticises) you are just proving the critics away from this site right. Remember COE isn't being made in this magic bubble, if we want people to join closer/after release we need good pr

5/10/2019 1:47:32 PM #18

I dont disagree with your intent Skylos, but I feel there could have been as easier way to solve this whole thing :)

If you knew the inside joke, and were concerned that others may not and take it the wrong way, would it not be easier to explain it?

"For those that don't know, Vye is the our resident Spider Queen, hence Serps reply :D" would have tidied it up nicely.

I don't disagree that the statement could be misconstrued if you werent in on the joke, I just feel clarifying is much easier than replying to Serp and hoping he both sees the clarification and tidies up his reply.

5/10/2019 2:04:44 PM #19

Posted By Labbe at 2:47 PM - Fri May 10 2019

I dont disagree with your intent Skylos, but I feel there could have been as easier way to solve this whole thing :)

If you knew the inside joke, and were concerned that others may not and take it the wrong way, would it not be easier to explain it?

"For those that don't know, Vye is the our resident Spider Queen, hence Serps reply :D" would have tidied it up nicely.

I don't disagree that the statement could be misconstrued if you werent in on the joke, I just feel clarifying is much easier than replying to Serp and hoping he both sees the clarification and tidies up his reply.

True, but at the same time it's not my role to clear up misconstrued comments, Serp is a community manager and should be well aware of the way things can have double meanings or be misconstrued. Just like Caspian should be more careful how he words things on discord, because whilst people here know its unofficial not everyone does. I'm frankly sick of seeing the team getting slated due to the way things are worded

5/10/2019 2:11:46 PM #20

You know the thing is that when people white Knight the company and defend every action no matter what you don't help them companies image.

If they are defended instead of being pulled up on things like this (no matter how small) they don't learn and so mistakes keep happening over and over again.

If previously the community had pulled the team up on announcing deadlines before the feature was nearly ready we probably wouldn't have had the mess with DSS, and therefore not given the trolls (or harbingers if you like) another topic to s**t on.

5/12/2019 1:18:01 PM #21

Sounds like a lovely spot :D

5/12/2019 1:42:24 PM #22

Sounds like you should have just made a thread about this issue Sir_Skylos, if you feel that strongly.

I don't really see anyone white knighting this thread up. Just no one seems to have taken Serpentius comment the same way. But then, you clearly have a few different issues, with them.

Also many people have pulled SBS up on deadlines, setting dates or really even talking about them in general. That should tell you something.

5/13/2019 6:17:03 PM #23

This was intended as a joke as so many have pointed out.

I apologize if there was confusion based on my post.

Sincerely,

-Serp

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."