COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
Hrothic Institute of Flight - Hugiz Luftaram
+0

Hawarth Hugiz Luftaram - Studium Generale de Volati - Hrothic Institute of Flight

Overview

• Affiliation: Demalion Empire
  • Organization Type: School
  • Research Focus: Aeronautics, Aviculture and Ballistics
  • Research Approach: Holistic
  • Research Goals: Flight of Mann

The strong mind overcomes any matter and the faithful will bends realities to its glorious ambitions. And there is nothing stronger, nothing more faithful than the Hrothic Spirit in its virtuous purity. So who else could be suited more than us, keepers of wisdom, stalwarts of society, engineers of the future, than us Hrothi to make the impossible possible.

Doing the impossible, when others think it is merely fantasy, is what makes a genius. Wether they call us maniacs or masterminds, dreamers or daredevils, together we will lift the Empire to unbelievable heights. We shall be remembered as the conquerors of the skies.

We. Will. Fly.

Hrothic Institute of Flight

8/7/2019 9:10:08 AM #1
+0

Random University Rule #1

BYOPB

Bring Your Own Pee Bottle

When we will be out in the wilds, exploring and cataloguing flying creatures that could be candidates for our beasts of war and burden project, it is paramount not to alert any wild life of our presence. So leaving anything behind is not allowed. Bring your own bag as well.

The Dean

8/7/2019 9:20:40 AM #2
+0

Change of Name

Problem Reinforcement insisted on an easier to understand name of our fine little place of thought. Easier. As if anything would be easy about what we're doing here. We're not doing it, because it is easy. But precisely because it is hard as a Trison's arse, the Virtues forbid!

The Dean

8/20/2019 12:09:33 PM #3
+0

Campus Announcement

The HIF is proud to announce its membership in The Bearded Hrothi Society. We welcome everyone (being free of vertigo recommended, willingness to throw oneself off of a 13000 ft cliff a plus) and do not mind facial hair and only care about your mind. Free your beard, the rest will follow!

The Dean

(don’t forget to dislike, my anti-fan and first follower 😃)

9/6/2019 9:27:58 PM #4
+1

I so wish you were on Luna. I'm glad I'm not the only person wanting to develop methods of flight!

Survival, Whatever the Cost, We Shall Endure Marthanais, Cibé an Costas, An mbeidh muid Mairfidh

Pledged to Vornair, Pledged to Erzhalden, Pledged to Volsung, Freyr of Kjalstead

9/7/2019 2:09:51 PM #5
+1

This idea is daring and dangerous. I love it.

Two thoughts:

1) I hope you try to create a device that resembles a bird and not an airplane.

2) Why would a Hrothi of all tribes want to fly? Don't they love being attached to the ground?

Friend Code: DB7984

9/8/2019 9:22:31 PM #6
+1

Posted By Holmgeirr_Havardr at 11:27 PM - Fri Sep 06 2019

I so wish you were on Luna. I'm glad I'm not the only person wanting to develop methods of flight!

Aw, we’ll just dig a tunnel through the fabrics of existence, then. Keep me posted on your efforts and I make certain to share my findings with you!

Posted By Firemind at 4:09 PM - Sat Sep 07 2019

This idea is daring and dangerous. I love it.

Two thoughts:

1) I hope you try to create a device that resembles a bird and not an airplane.

2) Why would a Hrothi of all tribes want to fly? Don't they love being attached to the ground?

1) A plane what?

And I think finding, domesticating and training actual avians is a more promising approach, currently. Intriguing idea to just build one, tho. I should keep that in mind.

In regards to flying machinery, I happen to have designed a cushioned ball of basket, roomy enough for at least two pilots, which can be launched via catapult. I hope to be putting it to the test soonish.

While limited in maneuverability, and landing is a bit iffy, it should turn out to be a very efficient way to travel, albeit short distances, very fast across otherwise not or barely traversable terrain or difference in height.

2) Mann always want what they don’t have, and the most what they don’t get.

And while I certainly dig our tunnels, my minds works best in the dark and my home, my haven is undergrounds, it is my dreams, my hopes and my destiny that lives and longs for the skies.

And don’t get me wrong, I stand by tradition and too am looking forward to the all annual Hrothi Toss Tournament our Brudvir brothers hold in honor of our friendship. But that small leap couldn’t satisfy my poor soul when I was just a small pebble. I want the real thing.

9/11/2019 1:53:20 PM #7
+1

A most honorable endeavor!

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

9/13/2019 12:43:27 PM #8
+0

PSA - Private Shameless-plug Announcement

The HIF humbly would like to make it known, we now accept

• Guild Tokens
  • Villager Tokens
  • Gift Cards

as means of payment for tuition, donations or bribery to school your retarded inbreds anyways. Please send directly to the dean. Receipts for charitable contributions available upon request for amounts over 9000.

The Dean