COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Influence Order & How Far We've Come

Excited for D&SS to Resume but....

I just had one question regarding the announcement. I know IP will be locked within our perspective windows of movement. However, is there anyway to know how far we have moved within said Window? Like if you're a duke, how can you tell if you have hit your 12 hour threshold?

Just wondering if there was an answer on this!

Thanks!

8/20/2019 12:13:07 PM #1

Due to these changes, we can no longer update admission times based on influence gained during the event. Instead, influence for the purposes of pick order will be locked, as of 11:59pm PDT on August 19. Since admission times are no longer occurring between midnight and 6am, and because admission times have been spread out better, the need to move one's time up is no longer necessary. Note: a change in highest owned title (ex. Mayor to Duke) will still move you into the appropriate week for the new title.

They won't be updated at all

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/32467/The-Domain-Settlement-Selection-site-is-live

8/20/2019 12:41:20 PM #2

Im sad I thought IP has been locked for a while....they said back when they first delayed DSS IP would still be locked so I'm kinda sad that had changed with no notice that I saw. Feels bad.

I don't know anymore.

8/20/2019 1:20:48 PM #3

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 10:41 PM - Tue Aug 20 2019

Im sad I thought IP has been locked for a while....they said back when they first delayed DSS IP would still be locked so I'm kinda sad that had changed with no notice that I saw. Feels bad.

This honestly feels like a weird move on SBS part. People got times, some people brought more IP to move on their times. Now because of the delay, IP got unlocked. No warning of it getting re-locked. From how times can't appear during 12am - 6am. I would assume new times are coming out. Which even if they aren't, people who only spent money to move up their time, just got screwed over.

8/20/2019 1:31:47 PM #4

8/20/2019 2:23:10 PM #5

Just wait for your new time and keep browsing for interesting settlements.

Possibly even start negotiations with your higher ups since all kingdoms (starting from king and dukes...) probably will start preselecting their domains.

Backer #12. Friend code: 9B7EDE.

Kypiq mayor of Willowhaven - Crossstone - Whiteraven Rock - Tryggr

Join Whiteraven Rock Discord (https://discord.gg/ppTBAqs)

8/20/2019 4:22:40 PM #6

The way I see it, they're saying they cant update Live on the go, but the order already determined by LP changes in the past is still effective.

8/23/2019 6:19:29 AM #7

Posted By Brythwaite at 11:31 PM - Tue Aug 20 2019

The idea that they got screwed over is unfounded and I would assume most if not all are much higher in the picking order now than they were before.

It's not. If someone had an 2am time slot and time money to move it up. Now from this change, that money was very much a waste. Since no one will be picking between 12am to 6am. I wasn't meaning about jumping ahead of people. Besides we are all about to get new times, so any money was a complete waste anyway. Some people may have to spend again to try get a better time. The point IP was unlocked.. I'm surprised no one is kicking up a stink about it.

8/23/2019 6:46:39 AM #8

I'm not sure I follow Gunnlang; you can't spend again to change your time. IP was locked on the 19th, 3 days ago. Likewise, any who did gain more IP during the time we were working on the new map process would have that IP counted in their new times. Yes their times are now within a more sane time window instead of across unreasonable times, but that's true for literally everyone, so the IP order is still maintained, meaning any IP gained was still useful, no?

Or did you mean something else? Apologies, I really am just not following and trying to get a sense of what you mean here.

• Snipehunter
8/23/2019 7:21:58 AM #9

Posted By Snipehunter at 4:46 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Or did you mean something else? Apologies, I really am just not following and trying to get a sense of what you mean here.

Maybe I'm really bad at explaining. Which I doubt I could explain it any better really.

Unless you mean, people only have new times if their IP changed, between DSS starting the first time and now. In which case, yeah there isn't anything to be concerned about.

8/23/2019 9:27:16 AM #10

Everyone will be getting brand new times. The time you select now will be a new and different time than before. I think what Gunnlang is trying to say is if you spent money for the sole purpose of moving your pick time on the previous DSS then you wasted your money since it got cancelled and are now getting new times anyway. however, you still get the items you spent money on and you got to move up in front of other mayors, so its not a complete waste of money.

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

8/23/2019 9:54:00 AM #11

Posted By Snipehunter at 4:46 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I'm not sure I follow Gunnlang; you can't spend again to change your time. IP was locked on the 19th, 3 days ago. Likewise, any who did gain more IP during the time we were working on the new map process would have that IP counted in their new times. Yes their times are now within a more sane time window instead of across unreasonable times, but that's true for literally everyone, so the IP order is still maintained, meaning any IP gained was still useful, no?

It might actually have been a good idea to send out an email reminding folks about this and reminding them to server lock.

If you didn't server lock, it's wait till after everything now?

(Just to be clear, if it is that's fine I'm just bloodline currently anyway, trying to understand).

8/23/2019 11:43:14 AM #12

Posted By Snipehunter at 07:46 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

1) People spent money to get out of picking times in the middle of the night

2) SBS changed picking times so they never end up in the middle of the night

therefore... 3) People spent money for nothing

I am not advocating that we go back to picking at 4AM but it is just another example of what happens when you believe a certain someone

8/23/2019 12:06:04 PM #13

Posted By JohnWhite at 04:43 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By Snipehunter at 07:46 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

1) People spent money to get out of picking times in the middle of the night

2) SBS changed picking times so they never end up in the middle of the night

I am not advocating that we go back to picking at 4AM but it is just another example of what happens when you believe a certain someone

I wouldn't say it was for nothing, their pick time is moved up, just not for the reason they intended when they bought, instead of "middle of the night" their time is probably just moved up a day and some hours

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

8/23/2019 12:10:53 PM #14

Posted By JohnWhite at 12:43 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I mean they're still higher up the influence list so they still get to pick earlier than others so I'd argue against it being totally money for nothing.

I can get why people might be upset if they particularly spent money to get a special time but given that they got the EP or whatever they bought, and aren't going to be able to move times (and thus don't have to spend more money) it's not a total disaster.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/23/2019 12:54:21 PM #15

Posted By chipla at 1:10 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Posted By JohnWhite at 12:43 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

I mean they're still higher up the influence list so they still get to pick earlier than others so I'd argue against it being totally money for nothing.

That depends on why they purchased it, if it was to move up they have no reason to be annoyed but Snipe was asking why they would have reason to be annoyed which is the subgroup I mentioned