COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Combat

Hi all. I'm quite new to the game but totally loving the scope and vision if the devs. Simply the best game I've come across in the genre. I can see myself sinking countless hours trying to work my way up the political system. I don't intend to be heavily involved in combat personally but I was keen in everyone's thoughts on the latest shiney article.

The game seems to be setting itself as a 'realistic' mid fantasy game with rich detail in things like farming and crafting. However, I feel like the vision seen of the combat seems a bit arcade like and perhaps a bit hack and slash. Obviously the game is still in development which needs to be factored in and I still love the look and feel of the game just curious on how people find the combat seen so far? I would have thought they may have gone for snore gritty yet perhaps simplified version if KC:D. What are your thoughts?

8/23/2019 1:06:30 PM #1

So, myself and others have made this comment before and were assured that the very mobile hack and slash styles were just one type of combat and that there would be scope for more sensible styles when it comes to mass battles and trained soldiers vs adventurers.

Ofc everything is subject to change.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/23/2019 1:10:53 PM #2

This is my 1000 post :P

Anyway, I like the direction they are going. I personally do not want a hyper-realistic combat experience. I want it to be a little easier on me in that regard.

I want to have an element of realism to it for sure, but I also want it to be fun. To me, that is the most important aspect of the combat. As a Pirate, Combat will play a HUGE role in my game-play. I'd like to enjoy it and not have to worry about it being to realistic because lets face it, if Pirates of the Caribbean used "realistic" fighting, it would be a whole lot more boring! Lol

8/23/2019 1:20:02 PM #3

Posted By CaptainSeli at 09:10 AM - Fri Aug 23 2019

This is my 1000 post :P

Anyway, I like the direction they are going. I personally do not want a hyper-realistic combat experience. I want it to be a little easier on me in that regard.

I want to have an element of realism to it for sure, but I also want it to be fun. To me, that is the most important aspect of the combat. As a Pirate, Combat will play a HUGE role in my game-play. I'd like to enjoy it and not have to worry about it being to realistic because lets face it, if Pirates of the Caribbean used "realistic" fighting, it would be a whole lot more boring! Lol

Yep, I couldn't agree more. There is a balance between fun and realism and imho it should always tip more towards the fun than the realism.

Alt text - can be left blank