COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show us your domain] Soranost

The Heart Starts Beating:

Kalin reached the center of the clearing and took a breath. “We have our work cut out for us don’t we.” He said, clapping his hands together. “Alright, lets sharpen those axes boys, its going to be a long year.” Grabbing the map, he started marking where the city would stop and where the farms would begin. “I need you to leave the forests here, here, and here. We want to let the little folk have the lands of their ancestors. I have spoken with their elders and they have agreed to help keep the county safe from those who would come to burn and pillage.”

As the face of Soranost was changed, the farms began to plant wheat, fruits, and vegetables. Year after year it grew. Kalin Sora was proud of his men, and their families. The city as organized, and the land was feeding them, to excess. Kalin sat in his study, indulging in a particularly minty bowl of tobacco. “I think its time we started to build it. Yes it is time.” He mused as the room filled with smoke.

“Tomorrow we begin our next challenge, a stables to carry our name, and our legacy. We are horse people.” Kalin said amidst claps at the elders meeting. “I want it to be seen from county line to county line.”

It took years, but at last there was a main building with stables for 150 horses, a side building for 50 trisons and ursaphants, and a third for everything else. What a site!! One of the largest complexes in Thearyn. Kalin was proud. Tired, but proud. As his life reached its end, he knew Soranost was ready for the next generation. “My son, its time you take the reins.”

With the excess grain and fruit production, the next years saw Soranost prosper. Under the care of Kalin’s eldest, Aldric, Soranost became the central trading hub of the Duchy. The TMA stopped here on the way to the capital and brought in goods that couldn’t be grown. Caravans started their routes at the Soranost Trade hub. They headed in all directions to deliver the goods throughout the duchy. Life was good.

Thinking one night in his study, Aldric pondered. “we are missing something here in Thearyn. Life is good, but how can we be better. How can we bring in tourist as effectively as we can bring in goods…” he trailed off in thought, partaking in a family tradition of mint tobacco. As if by chance, he looked at his desk and saw a commission request. Arandar sent for 6 horses, fleet of foot, to participate in a scouting adventure. “That’s it! Racing!”

Sending the horses to Arandar the next day, Aldric began his new project. It took years but it was worth it. A horse track, with inns and taverns to accompany it. Named the Soranost Track, It was, as far as he knew, the only racing track ever built. It was time to rest and enjoy his labors.

Soranost is now the Heart of the duchy, complete with the Soranesti Grand stables, the Central Thearyn trade hub, and the Soranost track. Bringing life to the duchy, providing relaxation and joy to those that work hard, people need little reason to make their way to Soranost, but find many reasons to stay.

Welcome to Soranost!

Kalin Sora

9/25/2019 9:24:49 PM #1

Fantastic story! This is exactly how I thought your county would look, and your story affirms that. Good luck with the contest!

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

9/26/2019 2:41:36 AM #2

Horse racing! That should bring them in! Good job KalinSora.

9/26/2019 2:41:59 AM #3

Double post, please delete mods.