COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
New Content Creator role in Discord

Greetings, Elyrians!

Some of you may have already noticed that we have a brand new role in our official Chronicles of Elyria Discord server: Content Creator!

What is a Content Creator?

We are pleased to have so many creative and outgoing members of our community that enjoy doing live streams or promoting other community events and content. Content Creators are individuals who have productions like audio/video programs, events, and contests that are Chronicles of Elyria themed. This content discusses, celebrates, analyzes, or otherwise uses CoE for inspiration, as well as helps promote the game and community that we all work so diligently to build.

The Content Creator role allows a Discord user to:

• Post in the #community-events channel in the official Discord channel. Content Creators can post about pre-recorded CoE programs, CoE-based live streams, CoE-themed contests or giveaways, CoE roleplaying events, CoE co--- okay, you get the gist!
  • They may also use the new “Go Live” feature in Discord and live stream to up to 10 people when using one of our voice channels. Content must be directly related to CoE and the programs or events must be related to CoE in their entirety (in other words, not just one line in a description or a few moments of a stream)!

Content Creators promoting their content in our platform must:

1) be focused on a main topic of Chronicles of Elyria,
2) be applicable to all citizens of Elyria (not just your particular group), and
3) be non-defamatory toward any group or individual, including particular communities or the Studio. If completely in-character roleplay, in-game, or Dance of Dynasties related, CoE political lines may be discussed, but out-of-character attacking or inflammatory remarks, such as bashing a real life community or staff member, is not tolerated.

Constructive and/or neutral-toned content is welcomed.

In addition, while it is quite awesome that so many of our players have personal websites, streams, contests, etc, being a CoE community member does not mean that all your content is suitable for the Chronicles of Elyria official channels. Only content that follows the above rules may be promoted. We do, however, wish you success in your other, non-CoE-related endeavors!

The Agreement

If you would like to request to receive the “Content Creator” role in our official Chronicles of Elyria Discord server, we ask that you agree to the terms outlined in our Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. Breaching the agreement will lead to a removal of the Content Creator role and removal of shared content.

Requesting the Role

If you wish to request the Content Creator role, you may make a request by emailing [email protected]. Oh, and it would be quite helpful if you mentioned Content Creator in your subject! Thank you in advance!

We will gladly apply the role to any who agree to comply with the terms..

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to let us know. You can contact a Moderator in the official Discord, ask questions here in this thread, or email [email protected].

Thank you for your support and understanding! We look forward to your continued content!

Until next time,

More to come...

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/2/2019 1:11:36 AM #1

Awesome !!!! Thank you

10/2/2019 1:15:50 AM #2

Is there a general info packet we can revive to make videos of the game?

My dream is to make my settlement long outlive me Why not join me in being part of it? Send me a message

9B7323 friend code

10/2/2019 6:16:04 PM #3

Posted By *Spenraw * at 6:15 PM - Tue Oct 01 2019

Is there a general info packet we can revive to make videos of the game?

If you are referring to a "Press kit" or "Streamer kit", we don't at this time. But it is on the list of things to provide in the future!

Thanks for the question :)

10/9/2019 9:38:00 AM #4

I would be interested to be able to stream on CoE Twitch once the game is accessed... will there be any limitations on those directs?

Example: I broadcast on Twitch in Spanish and my spoken English is very basic, I do not rule out trying, but initially I intend to prioritize the language I control best.

https://discord.gg/vkKGbBE

10/25/2019 11:26:09 PM #5

There are no limitations regarding the language you can host your show in.

But there will be restrictions regarding the game phase, if it is under NDA you won't be able to do a public show about it.

10/26/2019 10:42:56 AM #6

I know, the NDA content on my channel will be respected and if it's under NDA I won't broadcast directly, and I'll just prepare the following schedules when it can be streamed.

https://discord.gg/vkKGbBE

10/29/2019 6:53:37 PM #7

A great addition. Just like with some movements in the real world, this development needs all the grass roots support it can get. The content creators can inspire literally hundreds, or thousands, and it's high time their efforts receive the merit they deserve.

Content Creators should be put in the spotlight [if they agree to it] and be viewed in a positive light. People might roll their eyes at me or scoff, but I truly believe turning these passions into content and a strong, knowledgeable, interconnected global community is our strongest path forward... and the future, frankly. Which awaits which ever ambitious studio that goes for it.

A nice addition to the community. I appreciate this very much, for what it offers me as a backer but also because it looks towards the future with positivity and hope. Which is something we all need to be injected with every now and then.