COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] Forestbight

Faun Brettoner was a renowned Hrothi aristocrat from the north eastern coastal forests of Demalion. He began his journey as a ward in a local farming guild and soon discovered a talent for increasing crop yields year-round.

Brettoner had a love for beekeeping and spent 8 years with the guilds master beekeeper, further increasing his yields. Over the years, Brettoner had purchased land to expand his venture and found himself managing the food imports and exports of the Duke’s county. He had left his local farming guild having learned he would never be eligible to its Guildmaster.

The ambitious aristocrat made much of his wealth from exporting food to overpopulated settlements and learnt that overfarming was a very serious threat to their sustainability. Within 15 years Brettoner had built a successful farming network which he would soon leave to his son, hoping he will form a regional farming guild.

There were rumors of big ships being built in the west. Ships the size of entire towns with sails the size of alpine mountains. Adventurers were migrating west to the Duchy of Lanegg where the Duke expressed a desire to discover and colonize new lands.

Brettoner saw an opportunity in this and wanted to meet with the Duke’s advisors. Arriving in Kranhaf, Brettoner approached with his proposal for the hamlet of Forestbight and a farming guild in the north.

Brettoner’s Proposal

The development of the Nordvegr Farming Guild will begin in Forestbight. Its western coastline will be converted into farmlands, providing a safe space for farmers from bandits. Wooden walls and orchards will line the coast, providing farmers some protection from the sea and wind as well as any sea bandits.

Being on the sea, I’m very interested to experiment with cinder concrete. Whether to expand outwards by building platforms to increase land mass or extend the port, to replace the wooden walls for better protection against ships or to build across the shallow water.

The first step is to help sustain the troubled city of Aberspider through food trade from Forestbight’s farms. This will help fund projects initiated by the Nordvegr guild. The City’s primary industry is hunting, but I want to prevent overfarming by providing the food they need and to invest in an elk farm within the pine trees.

The primary industry in the north of Lanegg is hunting and fishing. From my experience, the northern county’s will suffer greatly once these resources are depleted. Placing further importance on establishing a northern farming guild.

Export Routes

Nordvegr Guild’s Ambitions:

• To provide the Duchy with a surplus of food

• To enrich nutrition

• To prevent overfarming of wildlife

• To implement sustainable hunting and fishing practices

• To build fortified delvings throughout the north that store food

• To build an institute that trains farmers to identify diseases, causes and solutions

• To exploit underground farming

• To breed cardinal bees

• To support our Brudvir friends in the Taiga with food

The Development of Forestbight

Forestbight will continue its primary industry in mining to help fund projects initiated by the Nordvegr guild. The jeweler and the blacksmith also help to get us off to a great start. Forestbight will develop into a port town, with its design based on the concentric castle of the 13th century.

The Mayor’s courtyard and residence will either be built in the centre of the town, fortified by inner walls, or south west to allow more room and easy movement in the town. Either way, the Mayor’s courtyard will be the place of aristocrats, the safekeeping of treasury and where important guests will stay.

Hamlet Development

Supporting The Colonists

The knowledge Nordvegr gains from building farms and fortified delvings will become useful once new lands are discovered. To safeguard food from foreign weather, predation and hostiles, there will be a need for underground farms. To tolerate the northern climates of the Yoru, delving’s will help to withstand the freezing temperatures.

The neighboring county, Jaundehurst, is in a prime position to become an international hub of travel. If lands are discovered north of the Duchy, it could be the sailors’ final rest and re-supply point.

Jaundehurst Port

Not only will Nordvegr support the Duchy’s ambition to colonize new lands but the guild will also support the development of the port settlement in Jaunderhurst. Bringing further trade and wealth to the Duchy’s economy.

If you give me 20 years, I can replicate the success my son has now inherited. And my next child will continue the success the Nordvegr guild will bring to your Duchy.