• Duchy of Nightward
  • County of Áfall

• Defensible Village

• Farmable land and hills
  • A good amount of game and fish
  • Abundance of fresh water
  • Some wood, Stone, and minerals

Show us your Domain: Dockden

From the wall one can see most of the land I look after. The guards on our nightly routine seem to have grown accustomed to my early morning habit. Funny how after all these years I still wake before the sun, resisting the urge to prep my gear, pack supplies, and ready for another hunt in the wilds. Though there is plenty of game, we are a small village and the hunting party hasn’t needed me along since we settled. A few passing guard here and there greeted me and I responded groggily to them. By no means was Dockden a stronghold or holding any form of impressive military it was a simple grouping of homes surrounded by a decent wooden wall and a handful of volunteer guards. Enough to dissuade the passing troublemakers but barely capable of stopping a dedicated assault. As I said simple, but it was home.

The sun had only just begun to peek over the horizon, making the nearby lake glisten. I could see the outline of the docks and a few of the fisherman getting ready to reap their rewards from a busy morning on the lake. In the other direction stood our lone farm. Growing what crops we could in these frigid lands. Harvest time was upon us, hopefully we would have enough of our crops to last through winter. We may survive on the bounties of the lake and the woods alone but having some fruits and veggies adds some much needed variety. Not far from the farmland lay a hut for our hunters gathering game. It was a cozy hut with some bunks and room to store some meager supplies. It was more a staging area for them to put together what they need and rest if they didn’t want to climb the hill up to the den. The hunters should be trickling back in soon, bringing back their morning catch.

As another morning dawns I realize my life has become significantly less dangerous over these few years, but my troubles seem to have only increased. Something should be done about the caves in the area. Send a group to secure them and make sure they’re safe? We should start harvesting wood for the winter and I’ll have to double check the food stocks again. The old guard Björn and Gorm the craftsman have been quiet lately. By the stones they better not get into another brawl anytime soon. Some of our neighboring Hrothi allies have been asking after more stone and minerals before the winter comes in earnest. On top of all that my son has been begging me to help him with his training. “A much less dangerous, much more troubling life,” I grunted. “But I wouldn’t want it any other way.” As the light of the sun touched the base of the hill I turned to get to work. Just another day in this den of wolves.